Young!Robert Baratheon X Stark!Reader- Broken Hearted Girl

A/N - This chapter was created whilst I listened to 'Broken Hearted Girl' by Beyonce on repeat so it had some influence on the work. I hope you all enjoy it.

Robert lounged comfortably on the Throne, though you were unsure how. It had always seemed too pointy to ever be deemed anything close to comfortable. But there he was, leaning back with his legs crossed at the ankle whilst the man before him swore fealty to the crown. You had never expected to be here, you had never even thought of leaving Winterfell for the Capital until war had broken out. And you had definitely never planned on marrying Robert and becoming his Queen; that had always been your Sister's role to play, not yours.

You could feel the eyes of every unmarried lady in the room staring at you. They had all wanted to be where you were, but none had been so lucky as to have been the youngest sister of the new King's best friends. You would never consider yourself lucky; no woman deserved to live in the shadow of a dead sibling, and to Robert that is all you would ever be, the sister of the woman he had loved. Someone that he would never be able to love; someone he would never even try to care for. And each night, when he climbed into your bed, it felt like you were betraying your sister's memory.

The man before you both had finished talking, though neither of you seemed to notice as you stared off into nothingness. You were the first to come around and you quickly shifted in your seat, resting your hand gently on top of his and causing him to jerk it away as he focused on the older man before him.

"Thank you, Lord Walder. You may return to your seat," Robert spoke up, straightening a little on his Throne. "That concludes today's court proceedings. We'll return tomorrow morning." You didn't have time to move as he got to his feet and began down the centre of the room, headed for the exit. Instead, you rose once he was already almost out the door, followed by your ladies maid, Sophia. You could still feel the eyes focused on you as you hurried in an attempt to keep up with your husband.

After passing through the doors, Robert was nowhere to be found, avoiding you as he had every day since you had been married. You sighed deeply, feeling the tears prick in your eyes as you stormed away towards your chambers. "Your Grace, please slow down, you're going to fall," Sophia yelped, gesturing helplessly at the hem of your dress as it dragged along the floor behind you. Dresses were still something you were getting used to; you'd never been made to wear them at Winterfell but Robert had ordered it of you now that you were his Queen. He would never have ordered Lyanna to do anything that she hadn't wanted to do. You quickly gathered your skirts up in your arms, holding the hem almost half a foot of the floor and continuing towards your chambers with Sophia almost having to jog to keep up with you.

You shoved the door open so hard that it slammed against the door, the wood clattering against the stone so loudly that it echoed around the room. "Leave me," you growled as Sophia made to enter the room behind you. She paused for a moment before giving in and pulling it closed and scurrying away from your temper. You marched around for a moment before dropping your skirts and slumping down onto your bed, laying back and balling your hands up into fists in the sheets beside you. You released the sheets, pulling your hands up to your mouth to muffle the shrill yell that you were finally able to release. "I hate him," you shrieked, slamming your head back against the mattress and growing red in the face.

Your tantrum was quickly silenced by a knock on the door and you got to your feet at a speed you weren't sure you were capable of, crossing the room and yanking the door open with your puffy red eyes and mussed hair. You were surprised when you found Ned standing there with a sad smile on his face. "Can I come in?" he asked softly and you nodded, moving out of his way and pulling the door open wider to allow him entry. "You need to give him time, he'll come around," your brother told you, causing you to scoff.