{ 1 }

jordyn mills

"YOU'RE JUST A FUCKING BITCH WHO CAN'T DO SHIT!" My foster father yelled at me and started to hit me.

"I'm sorry" I started to cry hard. My sides started to burn as he punched them continuously. "Please stop"

He walked over to the counter and grabbed his pistol. My entire body shook in fear as he came closer.

I was the only one in the house with him and no one would ever call the cops in this neighborhood.

"Please don't shoot me. I don't know what I did" I cried harder and tried to scoot back to the wall behind me.

"You worthless bitch" He shot the ceiling making me cry and fear for my life.

"What did I do?" I asked again and shook.

"YOU DID EVERYTHING WRONG!" He yelled at me again.

"DROP THE GUN!" The police barged in the door and I jumped. My foster father slowly dropped the gun and started talking to them.

"She started to hit me. It was just self defense" He lied.

"No! He just started hitting me" I cried in the corner as one of the officers came over to me.

"Calm down sweetie. It's going to be okay" She said to me. One of the officers took my foster father out to the police car. "You won't ever have to see him again. I called your social worker and she is on her way as we speak." She rubbed my back.

"Okay." I stood up and walked over to the couch to try and calm my nerves down.

About 30 minutes passed by and my care worked finally showed up.

"Jordyn I'm placing you into a new home. Come with me" I stood up and followed her into her car.

She immediately began to drive down the freeway and my legs continued to shake.

"I promise this home will be so much better that your previous one. The family is amazing and they know what you're going through. They won't force anything out of you."

I nodded my head as she continued to drive off the freeway and began to drive down a neighborhood.

The houses around were all super nice. Pretty big, something I was never used to. I always got the really shitty houses.

She pulled up at some giant house with 3 cars in the driveway.

"Woah" I said as I got out of the car with a small bag in my hand filled with the clothes I had. She knocked on the front door three times and a women opened the door.

"Hello. You must be Jordyn, I'm Lisa Dolan" She held her hand out and I shook it nervously.

"Hi" I looked inside of the house around Lisa.

"Sorry if this was all of a sudden" My care worker said.

"It's okay. We were just waiting for another foster child" She smiled down at me and I tried my best to smile through my anxiety and pain.

"Well I guess I'll leave her with you" She turned around and walked back to her car without even really saying goodbye to me. I mean I can't blame her, I'm just one out of her 50+ other foster kids.

"Come on in Jordyn" Lisa invited me in and I walked through the kitchen to the living room. The place was enormous, there was a chandelier and a beautiful staircase. She sat down next to me on the couch and I was still nervous.

"I know this is a new place and that can be scary but trust me I'm not going to hurt you" She looked into my eyes. I nodded my head and she continued talking. "So how old are you?"

"16" I was still super nervous.

"Oh that's awesome. I have two other sons who are both 16. They should be home soon." She smiled bright.

"Do you have any hobbies?" She asked me. I never had a foster parent who was genuinely curious.

"Not really. I wasn't able to do anything at my old foster home. My foster father made me go to school, clean the house, and take care of him. Like go get him beer and make him food"

"I'm so sorry. Trust me all you have to do here is be a teenager. School, homework, hang out with friends, maybe join a sport, and have fun." She smiled.

I smiled back. "Um... do you mind if I clean myself up real quick?"

"Of course. There's an empty bathroom upstairs on your left."

I stood up and turned the corner to walk up the stairs. I opened the bathroom door and left it wide open as I looked for a towel. I found one under the sink and ran it through the cold water. I started to dab my slightly bloody arm and face.

About ten minutes passed and I lifted up my shirt to notice the purple bruises and red cuts on my sides. I put my shirt down and ran the towel through the water again to get the blood off of it.

I heard manly laughter coming up the stairs. I twisted the towel did make the towel damp and not dripping water. I looked in the mirror and some teenage boy was looking at me through the mirror while he was walking to his room. Our eyes made contact and his smile faded. He shook his head quickly and began to walk through the hallway again. I looked back down at the sink. I threw the towel in the laundry hamper and walked back down the stairs to Lisa.

comment and vote!!