{ 10 }

ethan dolan

Grayson parked the car in the parking lot and the girls walked towards the soccer field as Grayson and I walked towards the guy's locker room.

We met the rest of the guys in the locker room as they were changing into our workout clothes. The coach pushes us quite a bit so being in sweaty clothes after practice kinda really sucks.

I put my clean clothes back in my locker and made sure my shoes were tied tight before we all began to head out.

"C'mon guys, let's go before he makes us run laps again." I rolled my eyes and yelled to the rest of the guys in the locker room.

We all walked onto the field and stood around the coach who was right by the bleachers.

"About time." He yelled and blew his whistle for no particular reason. "You're all lucky I'm not making you run laps again."

I turned to the boys and raised my eyebrows. I knew the coach so damn well!

"Alright the game is coming very soon and you all need practice. So c'mon let's get started." He clapped his hands together as he expected us to do something, but he literally gave us no instruction.

I shrugged my shoulder and grabbed the football, hoping that's what he wanted. He didn't say anything so I guess that was right?

"I guess." I whispered to Matt and he chuckled.

Maybe he wants us to play a game? Who knows...

--- many short games of football later

Matthew threw the ball and it was a long shot. I quickly sprinted down towards the end zone as I was already close to dropping to my knees. We've been just playing games the entire two hours of practice, thank god it was almost over. I wasn't gonna catch the ball in time, I know it's just practice but coach makes it really hard on us and expects us to act like practice is the real deal.

"GO GO GO" The coach yelled. I sprinted as fast as I could and soon it started to hurt my sides. The ball was hurdling towards the ground so I jumped. As I was in the air I turned around and grabbed the ball in my chest. I hit the ground really hard and rolled on my back in pain. I took off my helmet and let go out the ball. It's never felt so good to lay on the hard ground.

"ETHAN HEADS UP!" I heard Jordyn yell. I looked up and a soccer ball hit me straight in the face.

"Shit!" I groaned in pain.

"I told you to watch out" She chuckled and held out her hand for me to grab. I groaned and grabbed it. "Good catch of the football by the way" She walked over to grab the soccer ball that ran over to the grass to my side a couple of feet.

"Thanks" I continued to groan. I rubbed my head with my hand and ran my fingers through my long messy hair. "Why are you even kicking soccer balls at me" I asked, not being the nicest.

"Me and Willow were playing and she kicked the ball over here by accident" She said and put the soccer ball on her waist while holding it still with her wrist.

"Just be careful next time, I probably got a concussion" I started to walk backwards towards my teammates. She started to walk towards me.

"A ball hit you in the head. A gorilla didn't hit you with a metal bat" She said and I started to smile a little. "There's a happy smile" She patted my cheeks lightly and jogged back to Willow.

I walked back to the coach in pain and tossed him the ball. As he talked to some of the guys a bigger group of my teammates huddled towards me.

"Yo, who was that. She's hot as hell" One of the guys smirked and started to walk towards her.