{ 35 }

jordyn mills

The next day we were at our soccer game and lots of the football guys were watching us. Our team was loosing by 2 points and my mind was racing. The other team had the ball and they were racing down the field. The girl was coming right towards me and my eyes were right on it. I kicked my leg out and I completely missed the ball. They kicked the ball right in the goal and I dropped my head.

"Fuck" I said.

"What is wrong with you?" Willow came up to me and gave me a slight push.

"You, that's what." I pushed her back and the coach blew her whistle and came over to us.

"Jordyn you're on bench. Willow go to the others." She said and i stormed over to the bleachers. I sat down right below Ethan. My face was all sweaty and I pulled my hair back that was in my face.

"Here" Ethan handed me a water bottle and patted my back.

"Jordyn, over here!" The coach yelled at me. I stood up and walked back on the field to her.

"What is wrong with you today?" She asked me.

"I don't know" I put my hand on my face and moved up on top of my head, moving the hair out of my face.

"You've gotta get your head in the game. Block out everything else and focus on the ball" She said.

"Ugh I know."

"I know you're a better player than this. You're one of the best players on the team. You're the captain for crying out loud. Just go take a break for a bit"

"Alright" I walked back to the bleachers and she patted my back.

"You doing good?" Ethan leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"Yeah" I sighed and put my elbows on my legs. I placed my face in my hands and took a deep breath.

All I got to do is ignore Willow and just focus on the game. I got to be a leader to the team and help lead to victory. I lifted my head up and it was half time. Everyone came over to he coach and I stayed on the bleachers. Willow kept on giving me the evil eye and I took a drink of my water.

"Jordyn you're up" The coach yelled and I ran out to the field with the other girls. Our team started off with the ball and Sophia passed the ball to me and I ran it down the side of the field. Everyone on the stands were cheering and i kicked the ball to Riley as I ran passed a big group from the other team.

She passed it back to me and I ran it down the rest of the field and kicked it hard in the goal.

"YEAH!" Everyone in the bleachers stood up and yelled.

"There's our soccer star." Riley ran up to me.

"I'm back baby" I laughed.

----

We were losing by one point and the game was almost over. Willow had the ball and she ran it down the field. I was wide open and could easily kick it in the goal and win the game. But instead of being a good teammate she tried to kick the ball in the goal herself but it bounced off of someone's knee.

I ran back as the ball was still in the air and as it came down I kicked my foot out. The ref blew the whistle to say the game is over but we may still get the point. The ball went over all of the girls and it made it in the goal.

"Fuck Yeah" I bit my lip while putting my hand into a fist and pulling it in to my body.

"YES!" All of my teammates yelled as they all crowed me. I saw Willow walked over to the bleachers by herself. We walked over to the coach and she told us great job and dismissed us to the locker rooms.

"I'm really proud of you out there. You changed the game around and you won it for us. And that last kick was amazing. Good job today" The coach patted my back and went to the locker rooms.

"Thank you coach!" I had a drink of water. I walked over to the bleachers to Ethan.

"Yo, you did amazing out there and that kick was insane" Ethan held out his hand. I gave him a high five.

"Thanks" I wiped the sweat off my face. "I'll be out in a few" I walked to change into my regular clothes.

"Good job out there Jordyn" Everyone said to me as i walked in.

"Thanks guys. You guys all did really good" I said and started to change. I totally ignored Willow cause of course she was still pissed at me.

comment and vote!!