(6) Hellevator

LISA's POV

I still can't believe what I have read yesterday on the bulletin board. Was he really also studying here? With luck on my side *sarcastically speaking*, we were in the same building. I really didn't have any idea and it's been years since our last conversation.

~

Four years ago, that day when he left me still gave pain in my heart. I knew that was all my fault. I apologized to him. But he left me, alone.

On his graduation day, I decided not to go because we were no longer together. I swear, I really wanted to come just to congratulate him.

The next day, I decided to go to his house, for the first time. But it was too late for me. He was gone. His neighbor said that they moved right after his graduation. I didn't know where.

Was that very easy for him to leave me just like that? I guess I really pissed him off to the point where he was no longer giving a damn.

My very first break-up experience taught me loneliness, endings, goodbyes, and emptiness.

~

"What if we cross paths in the hallway or somewhere, otokke! Nope! This campus is huge, Lisa. And add the fact that there are so many students. The chances are 15% only" me mentally assuring myself.

I slammed my locker door frustratedly. I am not sure if I'm ready to meet him, again.

"You okay girl?" The girl beside me asked as she was closing her locker calmly.

"Did I scare you? I'm sorry. Yep, I'm fine" I smiled at her.

"By the way, I'm Park Chae Young. You can call me Rose"  she said, giving me a formal handshake.

Did I tell you that she was indeed a cutie chic one?

"Lisa. Lalisa Manoban" I answered back, accepting her hand.

"Oh you dropped your things" then Rose helped me.

"Omg, it looks like we're classmates! I didn't see you in our classroom yesterday?" she seemed to notice what my schedules were.

"Maybe because I was sitting in the front corner? Hehe"

"Or because I was busy doodling on the other side and didn't even bother to listen to the prof nor check who my classmates are haha" she explained while giggling.

"Come on let's go! We must not be late" she added.

~skipping time brought to you by Pasta showing off her 360 angle wrist talent~

"Hey, about earlier, is there someone you don't want to see around here on campus?" Rose asked me. We're here now at the cafeteria, taking our lunch break.

So she really heard me at that time.

"Uhmm.."  I didn't know if I could tell her. I mean I didn't want to talk about him anymore.

"It's okay Lis, you don't need to answer me. Sorry for being nosy" she said while putting both hands on her lips.

"It was my ex"  then I opened up to her the whole story. She's my friend now, after all.

"First love always hurts the most. Don't worry I won't tell anyone and I won't ask you what's his name so you won't be awkward if we ever meet him"

"Thank you, Rose," I said, feeling grateful to meet and be friends with her.

"But hey don't you think it is still a good idea if he sees you. You never know what will happen. You know you're so pretty, to be honest" she complimented.

"That's so sweet of you Rose" I just shrugged and smiled at her. I don't know what will I do. And I'm not even sure if he already forgave me.

While we're talking about him, Rose & I didn't even realize that we only have 3 minutes before our next class.

"Rose!!! We need to go back. We can't be late" I run through the stairs, but Rose stopped me.

"We won't make it if we use that, ELEVATOR. NOW!"

We quickly ran to the elevator which is now closing. But with my adrenaline rush, I made it to stop by blocking my arms between the doors.

"You did it, Lis!! You're so lucky" Rose said as she clapped her hands. I really like her when she reacts cute every time.

When I turned my gaze from Rose to the elevator, my eyes and lips partially opened in shock. I didn't expect the people who were inside. Really, of all people...

Why now.

Why them.

"No Rose, I'm not LUCKY," I whispered to myself.

Why him.

A/N: I got motivated to update again tonight because someone is reading my story

A/N: I got motivated to update again tonight because someone is reading my story. They may not answer my a/n on the previous chapter but they did vote just to notify me that there is. Thank you!! ♥️