(64) Man In Black

LISA's POV

Just after I bought some groceries at the supermarket I decided to stop at a diner so I could have a bite to eat first before I went home. I rounded in the corner, entered the place and searched for a table inside. The place was packed with students probably chatting with their friends about their vacation as the school were back again this Monday. As I was observing the atmosphere here, I found a small table in the corner and settled down the eco-bags with me. Then, here comes the part which I hate the most.

Ordering.

"Excuse me, can I get some service here please?" I called out politely and raised my hand in the air.

"Yes mam?" the server girl answered, approaching my table.

I told her my order and she wrote it in her mini notebook while listening to me intently. She was repeating my order as my head continuously nodded then thanked her before leaving me. At exactly 6 minutes have passed, my food came then I started savouring it alone.

"Can you believe it? Another new year to us! So how was your vacation?" I heard the girl asked from the other table.

Time really flew so fast. A new year has came for us to have new beginnings, new chances and new semester.

Speaking of New Year, I spent that entire night talking to Jungkook. He told me everything what he was doing there. He barely made a call for me because he was with his grandmother in the hospital.

He mentioned that his grandmother was suffering to a mild depression due to longing for his grandfather who've passed away few years ago. But he also cleared to me that his grandma's recovery was improving unlike the past few years. His presence helped her to get better as what his another Uncle Doctor told them.

I suddenly felt guilty when I got paranoid and thought about some unsure things back then. Not telling the reason, I already apologised to him. Then, he also asked me why did I end his call back when he contacted me for the first time. I told him the truth that I was with Taehyung that time when he suddenly passed out. At first, I hesitated to tell him but I realised why would I? I just only gave his friend a helping hand. That was all. He understood my story easily and hoped Taehyung will fully get better soon.

We were on the phone that night for almost five hours. At that length of our phone call, we managed to compose some lines for a new song while we're looking at the stars despite of our different location. Jungkook really influenced me more to incline in music and I thanked him for that.

The next day, we still maintained in contact as well as after that next day. He also informed the details of his flight back here in Seoul and it will be on Sunday which is tomorrow. This time I'll make sure that I'll witness his arrival in the airport. Drowning my thoughts about Jungkook, I didn't even notice that I already finished my food.

I pulled myself out of the diner. As I was making my way home, I spotted my cousin, Seungri oppa, in the nearest food stall. He was drinking soju alone and seemed so sad. He was just fine and happy that new year night, what happened to him right now?

I looked around to see if anyone else in the area had noticed, then I slowly pulled out a chair to sit down beside him. Had I said something wrong? I looked at his face in shock, not knowing what to do or say.

I could safely admit that I had never been in this situation with him, looking devastated, before. Tears rolled down his face as he tried with all his might to stop them.