(80) Mismatching Points

LISA's POV

The next day was much of the same, though I'd never been disappointed to see the sun shine before. The loneliness was so heavy that it was all I could do to stay put. I ached to run, to put some of my unanswered thoughts into something.

Tzuyu and I need to talk.

After lunch, me and my girls returned to the classroom. As we went back, I saw Jungkook with his friends, were already sitting on their seats. Just before he saw me looking at him, I glanced away. The atmosphere was staggered while the class was still on going.

I thought Tzuyu was released from the hospital already? Others said that she was finally back in school today but I've never seen her since this morning.

"Class dismissed" the teacher announced as most of the students started to gather their things.

"What are you working on, Lis?" Jisoo asked, pertaining to our recent assignment. I just shrugged.

"I'm going to hop over to the library. I'll see you tomorrow" I stood to leave as soon as possible.

It's almost 7 in the evening when I wandered down at the library to one of its room on the far end of the floor. There were few books on those shelves I'd been wanting to read. The door of the other part of this room swung open quietly, and I realized I wasn't alone. Someone was crying.

I searched for the source and found Tzuyu, hugging her knees to her chest, sitting on the wide perch of a windowsill. I felt immediately awkward. Tzuyu did not cry. Up until this moment, I hadn't even been sure she was capable.

Now that I finally saw her, I should be asking her if we could talk. Obviously, this was a bad momentum for us to chat so the only thing to do was leave, but as she wiped her eyes, she caught sight of me.

"Ugh! What do you want?" she whined.

"Nothing. Sorry. I was looking for a book"

"Well, get it and go. You get everything you want, anyway" she said.

I stood there blankly for a moment, confused by her words. She heaved a sigh and pushed herself up from her seat. She turned away from me then place her both arms across her chest.

"You know that's not true" I mumbled, realizing that Jungkook and I were not together anymore.

"Well, whatever" she said as I felt that she just rolled her eyes back at me.

"What are you really thinking Tzuyu? Are you really that sick? Or you really just love to ruin me?" I accused.

"Oh please, I wish I'm just pretending like what you've accused me but unfortunately for me and fortunately for you, I am not" she shot back.

"Yes, we're not in good terms but I never wish you would end up like this. Do you really think that I'm happy with all of this? No. I felt like I was being trapped" I yelled. She was shaking her head before I was even done speaking.

"You think you're the only one who's ever felt trapped by this? You know nothing what's really happening to me. Yes, Jungkook's presence really helps me but ugh forget it. Why do I even open this up to you?" she stared at me like she couldn't believe that she almost opened up with me.

"Because I'm ready to help you."

"Please, stop!" she yelled at me.