(53) Hellevator No More

LISA's POV

"I'll be flying to France tomorrow" he said with his head down.

"I won't spend my Christmas here in Seoul. And apparently my new year too. My mom booked me a flight tomorrow. I'll be there for two weeks. I'm sorry I didn't tell you immediately. I just didn't know how to inform you for I was also planning to spend my Christmas with you. I know your parents won't be here for you tomorrow." he added.

After Jungkook told me the truth, I can't help it but to feel sad for myself. I guess I will be celebrating my Christmas alone. I'm not mad at Jungkook for leaving me behind. His mother requested him to so I can't blame him.

"Lis, I'm sorry I won't be there for you. I wish I could reject my mo-"

"No Jungkook, it's fine really. That's your mom. Your family. You don't have to worry about me." I said, trying to cushion my face with a weak smile.

"Aish, I can't take this. I really don't want to leave you" he muttered as he buried his face on his both hands.

"Hey Kookie, look at me" I said as I'm reaching again his hand.

"I know it's only for a vacation but I can't help but to feel uneasy about this" his eyes were now filled with sadness.

"Don't be. Just think of it. If you went there you can finally tell to your parents about us. Isn't that a good news for us?" I tried to make him feel better.

"You're right. How about you? What will be your plan tomorrow?" he asked.

To be honest, I really don't have any idea what will I be doing tomorrow. Maybe, I'll just make a video call to my parents while celebrating the day. Or maybe I'll date myself with a movie marathon. I don't know.

"What's your departure time?" I asked him.

"6 o'clock in the morning."

"Okay. Can I go with you 'til the airport? At least by that, I still be able to spend the Christmas with you even if it's just a short period of time." I stated. I just really want to be with him to think that we just only have less than 12 hours to be together this year.

"Of course you can but it would be so much better if you'll come with me." he said, trying to persuade me.

"You know I can't Kookie. My passport isn't still with me" My passport is still in the Italian embassy because my parents asked me to process my visa. So that maybe on my next vacation, I'll be going there too just to pay them a visit.

"I know. I know. Don't you have a spare passport with you?" he joked.

"You know if I do have, without any hesitation, I'll go with you" I said, trying to ride on his joke.

"Lisa. Thank you for coming back to me. That was literally my best day of this year. I'm saying this cause I know we won't also be together in new year. And I want you to hear this personally from me." he said, changing his seat right next to me.

"Well I thank you also Mr. Jeon. Thank you for loving me again." then he shook his head, a small smile on his face.

"I never stop loving you Lisa. Please know that. For you to be my girl is all I want in this world. I love you always and I'm sorry I was afraid to show it for a long time." Little flickers of touch ran between us. Knees, arms, fingers.