(98) Long Distance Relationship

JUNGKOOK's POV

"Lisa?" I asked, my worry grew with every second that passed for I noticed her sudden quietness after I said to her my wish.  Something was wrong, that's what I thought immediately.

"Jeon Jungkook" she stated my name. I barely heard her voice now.

"Baby, what's wrong? Are you okay?" a new word escaped to my mouth for I couldn't able to hold the rising uneasiness. If I wasn't mistaken I heard her light laugh the moment she heard me calling her baby.

"Mianhe Kookie. I won't be able to make it..." she paused like she was hesitantly constructing the next words she's going to say.

"I won't be there for you in your graduation. I'm sorry" after completing her sentence, silence flew between us. I know that right now, she is sad and even lonely and apologetic somehow. There was no energy in her voice, no light laugh waiting to escape, no carefree spirit.

Only sadness and the hollow motions of going through her. To be honest, her words crushed my heart. I forced my tongue to formulate the inquiring words but I couldn't, there was no phrase escaping in a pitch much too quiet.

"Are you mad at me?" the volume of her voice was almost like a whisper to me. After allowing myself to absorb the statement and the truth beneath her words, I finally spoke again.

"What happened to your check-up? Tell me everything, please Lisa." Yes. I am sad, knowing that she won't make it to be here but my worries took more over as I tried to come up what's the reason.

"My doctor said, my body isn't strong enough and hasn't recovered yet from the injuries it got. Just like what happened earlier, when I tried to come out my room just to take a fresh air, I passed out" taking a deep breath, I heard her sigh. Her voice was so fragile that I was fighting back an instinct to come to her.

"How are you right now? Are you fine? Does your head hurt? Is someone there for you right at this moment?" I shot her numerous questions for I was getting paranoid right now.

"I'm fine now Kookie but unfortunately my released date was moved. It should be today but it got canceled. My doctor recommend me to stay here for a while. I was with Seungri oppa earlier but he left already and pushed through to our flight for there was an emergency at his work" she explained helplessly.

So Lisa's flight should be today but because of what happened to her this morning, it got postponed. Why was this happening to us? I really want to see her right now, just to hold her and take care of her. My heartbeat quickened as I tried to comprehend our situation.

"Please say something, Kookie. I'll accept if you will get mad at me" without hesitation, she stated.

Despite my loneliness, I decided to be a bigger and understanding person for her.

"I'm not and will never be mad at you, Lisa. That's okay. I understand" with a heavy heart, I tried to assure her.

"No, I know you're a little hurt right now for I won't be able to grant your wish and that's so cruel of me" my heart slid through my chest as I fought back the tears that stung the back of my eyes.

YES I AM. But what would I do? I didn't want to risk her life just for my selfish wish.

"I am, Lisa. Not a little but so much." I honestly said. After a few second of silence, I heard her sobs. My heart hurt even more of that sound of her.