(92) Jungkook's Confession

JUNGKOOK's POV

The bright sun coming in through the windowpane. I looked around, still not fully alert. It was bright and slightly chilly — must be morning.

Right after I finished reading her journal, I had fallen into fitful sleep. I found myself sprawled uncomfortably on my couch. Then, a sudden phone call probably from one of my concerned friends roused me.

"Hello?" I answered groggily. My voice was hoarse from all the tears.

"Jungkook, I'll see you at school later" Jimin firmly said without beating the bush.

"Not today, Jimin" I informed him, after clearing my throat.

Jimin wasn't done talking and was about to say something more but I ended the call already. I need to go back in there first. I need to see her even if it hurts like hell seeing her with that state. Uttering tears were starting to roll down at my face as I realized she wasn't still awake.

I sat frozen on the couch with the phone still of the hook beside me. The hours just seemed to pass me by these days without me knowing what time or even what day it was. My stomach grumbled and I realized I couldn't remember the last time I had eaten. Had it been yesterday? I shuffled into the kitchen and tried to search for something to eat. I opened the fridge and stared in at the empty shelves. Just vegetables and yogurt long past its sell-by date leaving a horrible stench in the fridge. I smiled weakly as I shook the milk cartoon. Empty.

"How miserable my life can be" I mumbled.

No food? Fine, let it be. I'm starting to get used to it anyway, going to a meager life. I marched around toward my room to get fix before I head back to the hospital when my feet instinctively jumped upon hearing a loud banging on my front door.

"Jeon Jungkook! I know you're in there. Let me in!" *BANG BANG BANG* annoyed and still coping up, I made my way to the door to a frantic-looking Taehyung.

"Jesus! What were you doing?" he asked, being a concerned friend. I just looked down, having no idea how will I respond.

"Well, aren't you going to let me in?" he snapped.

"Yea, sorry V. Why?" with a deadpan tone, I asked.

"God, you look terrible, Jungkook" he ignored my question. He just studied my face before giving me a paper bag of some take out Thai foods.

Really Kim Taehyung? Food like these? Right now?

"Thanks but you don't have to." I rolled my eyes and turned to shut the door.

"Take some breakfast. Then lets go to school together after." he commanded as I brought the paper bag into the kitchen.

"You go first V. I'll go to school when..."

"When? Next year? I don't want you to suffer more while the rest of us pretend not to notice. Why don't you take a shower first? I'll wait you here"

"Taehyung, just please" maintaining myself to be calm as possible, I begged.

"No Jungkook. Its our final exams in a few weeks. You need to focus on your study for now. If you can't, just talk to us. It helps to talk to someone, it helps you through." he countered back. And that's when my temper couldn't hold it anymore as I started to yell at him.