Chapter 3: First point of Contact

Ah, Saturday! The day of total freedom and time to do anything you want to do. At least that was Sasha's opinion of it.

"Hey, Solomon! Let's go out to the park and catch some Pokémon, yeah?" Sasha called as she clattered down the stairs, phone in hand.

"Can't! I'm watching something" he replied from the living room. He was always in there. Did he sleep there?

"Mom! Solomon doesn't want to spend time with me!" she yelled.

"Solomon, go hang with your sister!" Their mother's voice came from the study.

"But Mom!"

"Now!"

Sasha laughed as a pissed off Solomon followed her outside. Her scarf and sunglasses were on to prevent any rough shocks by people.

"Oooh just caught one" she said, showing her phone to him.

He glanced at it before taking his eyes away quickly.

"Oh come on! You can't be mad at me! What 13 year old doesn't want to spend time with their big sister?" she joked.

Truth was she didn't want to spend the entire Saturday holed up in the house. Sylvie was being distant and only Solomon could be bothered to play Pokémon Go with her.

He frowned as she gave him a side hug and ruffled his blond hair.

"Come on, old pal! Play with me" she said, pulling his arms and dancing ahead.

"Fine whatever" he said, trying not to laugh.

"There you go!"

They reached the park and started walking around in search of Pokémon.

The sun was out and bright, bringing unmerciful heat to Sasha who was wrapped up in the light scarf. She was otherwise dressed for summer in a tank top and shorts with sneakers.

After an hour of walking around, she sat on a bench and let Solomon go off to play with his friends.

She popped her earbuds into her ears and began to listen to music. Her mind wandered bopped her head according to the music.

Suddenly, a shadow blocked off the sunlight. She looked up to find herself staring at a pair of legs clad in running shorts. Not wanting to crane her head up in case the scarf should slip, she pulled out one earbud and said "Excuse me?"

The owner of the legs sat on the bench beside her. Her eyes widened behind her sunglasses as she recognized the person sitting beside her. Jeremy Cox. Jeremy freaking Cox. He must think I'm someone else, she concluded in her head and started replacing the earbud.

"Hey... Sasha right?"

"Umm... yeah." Why is he talking to me?, she wondered. Of all people me. "Sylvie's not here right now."

"I know. Actually I came to see you... is that okay?" He asked. He was leaning casually into the bench back. His black hair was perfectly arranged and contrasted amazingly with his baby blue eyes.

Is that okay? What kind of bloody question is that? Sasha nearly spat it out but she held her tongue.

"What for?" She asked at last.

"I was wondering why you wear those sunglasses and scarf even in the heat."

She rolled her eyes. Was he purposefully teasing her about her looks?

"My face is sensitive to sunlight." He had to know what was wrong with her face. Everybody knew.

"Yeah..." His voice tapered off into silence.

What in the world was he doing here? Talking to me? Sasha contemplated standing and walking away. She had nothing to say to him and him nothing to her. It was clear as day.

"Well, thanks for the riveting conversation but I think I have somewhere else to be" She said, standing up and brushing off her shorts. She didn't have a crush on him despite his obvious beauty. There was no point when she looked the way she did.

"I'll walk you there" he said, jumping up beside her.

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" She asked suddenly, turning to face him. He was a head taller than her so she had to back away and look up.

His perfect smile faltered under her gaze. He couldn't see her eyes but he could sure as hell feel them. And they didn't feel friendly. For the first time in his life, he didn't know what to say to a girl. He had never spoken to her once in his life and now because of this stupid dare... he cursed Tony silently as he shook his head and replaced the smile.

"No, I'm trying to be nice."

"Well, why are you trying to be nice?" She countered, folding her arms.

He had no plausible answer to give so he just opened and closed his mouth.

"Yeah, I thought so. I don't need your pity and I don't want it either. Have a nice day then" She stated and walked off.

He watched her walk away and scratched his head. Why was she so difficult anyways? She barely let him get a word in edge ways. Any other girl would have been excited to see him! She had looked mildly irritated by his presence.

Funny enough, he hadn't planned on speaking to her yet. He'd just been out for the usual Saturday stroll when he spotted the blonde hair peeking out of a flowery scarf. If he hadn't known what hid behind the glasses, he might have been fascinated.

He watched her call out to her brother, then walk away. On a weird impulse, he decided to follow her home.

"I'm not a stalker. I just have to find something good to like about her so I can put my mind on it" he said out loud as he followed her and her brother.

They were chatting amicably and she had an arm slung around his shoulders.

"See? If he can get used to it, then you can too... at least for two weeks" he muttered as he followed.

His eyes went to her long legs. They were just like Sylvie's. In fact he could imagine Sylvie walking down that path, that was how similar their bodies were.

I can work with that, he thought. I can definitely work with that. It's just the face. Just the face.