Epilogue

Jeremy merged with the crowd of people examining the paintings and artworks hung around the gallery. Sometimes people would look at him and smile, comparing him to the paintings that hung around. It was flattering that he had been her muse for a while so it wasn't surprising at all.

Despite his dashing looks though, he wasn't the main attraction here. Sasha was. He and everyone else was waiting for her to finally emerge and talk about her art. Most of the pieces of art were on sale and already, from what he had heard, 75% had been sold. He let his eyes wander over the paintings and sketches, leaning against the wall with a glass of apple cider in hand.

His posture straightened when an applause started and people began to move forward to crowd around her. He could hear her laughing and talking to various excited ladies and gentlemen, the crowd slowly parting for her as she made her way towards the raised dais. He surveyed the crowd, enjoying the looks of excitement and general enthusiasm to speak with the artist. This was how it was supposed to be. People were meant to love her and treat her right, just like this.

He smiled and joined the applause as she slowly stepped unto the dais. She was nervous, he could tell from how her fingers fluttered and twiddled with her dress. She was also excited. And happy. She was finally happy.

She cleared her throat and the crowd quieted down. Jeremy glanced around, spotting Solomon and Sylvie dressed immaculately, smiling up at Sasha. His gaze lingered on Sylvie. It had been hard but they had finally cleared the air between them. She had been reluctant to even speak to him but he had wanted a clean slate and wouldn't take no for an answer. Now, he glad he'd insisted as her eye caught his and she smiled. He wanted to be a part of Sasha's life and he had to win the favor of her family to do that. He'd already messed up before and was still paying for it.

"Thank you for coming everyone. I'm honored that you all came to view my art and give them new homes outside my attic."
There was a smattering of laughter from the crowd.

"Each work has a story. Each piece is an experience. A puzzle piece in the jigsaw of my life. Though I do not want to share all that, I realize that something about them resonates within people. And if you feel that resonance, who am I to take it away?"

Jeremy listened intently as Sasha spoke. Her voice was gentle but firm. She looked confident and it showed through in her words. At this point, she smiled a slow, sad smile.

"Without further ado, I ask that you enjoy yourselves and find that piece that calls for you, as it called to me to create it. Thank you."

The applause was deafening and Jeremy was a part of it. He smiled as her dad helped her down and let his gaze bore into her, knowing she would feel it. Almost instantly, she looked around and caught his gaze. And smiled.

"Hey, that was a lovely short speech." He smiled, letting her slide her hand into his grasp. The smoothness of her palms still excited him and he entwined his fingers with hers, reaching out to tuck a loose curl from her fancy updo back in place. He let his fingers graze her ear and studied her face for a reaction. He smiled when he notice the telltale twist of her mouth and laughed when she smacked his hand away.

"You play too much." She explained but he knew she loved it.

"I'm so proud of you. You know that right?" He said seriously, squeezing her hand tighter as they moved through the crowd. The crowd parted automatically for them, something Jeremy was used to. But this time he knew they were parting because of Sasha and the confidence that radiated from her. For a few seconds, Jeremy was intensely grateful to his aunt.

She smiled and bumped shoulders with him. He had no idea where they were headed, but he was content to watch her watch people. This was such a beautiful turn of events.

After a series of her work was featured on an art website, a renowned art critic simply called Angel had become infatuated by her work and hunted for her. When they met, he immediately fell in love with the rest of her work and gradually began to create critical acclaim for her. Now, this was her first art showing at the Art Gallery downtown. Everyone was there and it was all thanks to Angel.

"How do you feel?" He asked, taking the lead and pulling her into a quiet corner.
His eyes searched her expressive green eye, studying the features he was now so familiar with. His fingers traced the line of her cheekbones, the curve of her brows and her lower lip.

She was grinning at him. For a second, he marveled at how once upon a time, he never knew that this counted as a smile. Because of the deformity on her lips, it actually came across more as a grimace for those who didn't know her and understand her expressions. Now, he grinned back and kissed her lightly on her deformed lips.

His aunt hadn't been able to fix her outside, but somehow, talking with her made Sasha realize she didn't need to be fixed. She was who she was and the world could either love her for that or get out of her way because she wasn't backing down from anything. Dr Michelle had done what no one else could: she'd given her self confidence.

"I feel great. I feel happy." Sasha replied, slightly breathless from being so close to him. Everything was coming together gradually better than she could have ever fathomed. It felt like a fairytale.
She stared into his face, loving his eyes and lips, loving the way his nostrils flared slightly as he breathed, loving him.

"Hey, you deserve happiness. I love you." He said, kissing her cheek and taking her hand in his.

Sasha did a little dance in her head, like she did anytime he ever said it.

"Sure Jerry, I love you too."

He grimaced and she laughed.

THE END.
¥•
Thank you all for sticking with Jesha till the end. I'm immensely grateful for your support and dedication. I'll eventually come back and edit the book to make it better but I don't have the time right now.

Thank you for loving another beauty and the beast story. I hope you liked the end as much as I did.

One love,
Ally_town