Thirty five

"Why the slimy motherfucker!"

Tony took as many covert pictures as he could. He checked the quality. Excellent. He silently thanked his mom for the camera she'd bought for him last year.

He shifted position behind the large tree he was hiding at. He had been following Jeremy covertly for the entire day. It felt good to do something sneaky like that. He hadn't known what he watching for. Dirt to smear his campaign. Something to pass time. An opportunity to plan revenge.

Now though he was glad he had. He had enough dirt to ruin Jeremy and use the information for blackmail.

His heart was racing as he watched them kiss at the door step. Did they not have any idea how exposed they were? And at the same time he was turned on. It was like watching porn. He missed Cara's presence. He would be Prom king not just for his sake but for Cara's too. He wouldn't let his girlfriend dance with that piece of shit.

He took a few more pictures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No really, you don't have to come over today. I just want to be alone. Really!" Jeremy pleaded, when he saw Sasha waiting for him after practice on Friday. In less than two hours his parents would be in Cleveland and then find their way home. He didn't want them to see her.

Sasha raised her eyebrow at him and considered a course of action. She could respect his wishes and let him drop her off. Or she could be bull headed and demand answers. She picked the latter.

"I'm going to your house. I'm going to paint your fucking ceiling and I swear there's nothing you can do to stop me" she declared.

"But-"

"No buts! You're hiding something. I'm not going to leave till I discover what exactly it is."

Jeremy shook his head as he opened the car door for her.

"You're so stubborn, you know?"

"Am I? I was never aware!" Her reply was soaked with sarcasm.

So that was how Sasha ended up in his room, hard at work when his parents showed up.

She had her ear pieces in so she didn't hear the voices till they were right by the door.

She froze when Jeremy's mother poked her head in. She knew it was her immediately from all the pictures on the walls and in some photo albums she'd riffled through.

Jeremy's mom was a knock out. With her luscious brown hair and blue-gold eyes, she could have passed for a super model. She was dressed like she had stepped out of the cover of GQ magazine. Sasha felt like she would have liked this lady a lot. At least until the woman screamed.

The scream caught Sasha off guard totally. She stumbled and lost her footing on the step ladder, falling the floor in an undignified heap. She looked up to find Jeremy's mom sprinting out of the room.

Lisa Cox was horrified by the sight that greeted her. She had come in there fully intending to surprise Jeremy. In his place she had found a strange  disturbing girl dressed in stained dungarees painting the ceiling. The girl had something wrong with her face. Either that or she was wearing a mask. Had she killed Jeremy? Lisa found her husband and threw herself into his arms, in hysterics.

He tried to calm her down and find out what the matter was. She wasn't giving any solid answers just sobs and little snatches of words along the line of monsters invading.

"Mom!" Jeremy called out. He hugged her tightly, adding himself to the group hug seamlessly.

"Oh Jeremy you're okay! Did you know that there is a monster in your room?"

Jeremy looked confused for a few seconds before understanding came in.

"Oh, uh, she's not a monster... she's my... uh... friend. She's crazy good at art and she's painting stuff for me."

Lisa clasped her hands in front of her in a dramatic gesture. "Why is she wearing such a strange mask? She looked like a ghoul! I was so scared." She buried herself back into her husband's waiting arms.

Jeremy's father raised an inquiring eyebrow at him. He was an older version of Jeremy. Same strange blue eyes and black hair with dignified streaks of silver in it. Harley Cox had not lost the handsomeness of his youth.
Jeremy knew that when he looked at his dad, he was seeing his older self. And without doubt he was okay with that.

"Uh... Mom? That wasn't a mask..." Jeremy said, scratching his neck.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Cox! Nice to meet you! I'm Sasha. Sorry for the scare back there."
Sasha had been listening to entire conversation. It didn't escape her that he had said she was a friend. Well, she was going to meet his parents and make a good impression if she could.

Their faces paled instantly. His dad broke into a cold sweat but managed to say "Hi Sasha. The uh... pleasure is all mine."

Sasha suddenly felt the overwhelming urge to burst into tears. She could see the judgement clear in their eyes. They were repulsed by her. And she hadn't failed to notice the hurried step back that was almost synchronized.

This was a mistake. It dawned on her that this was why Jeremy hadn't wanted her around. He knew they'd show up. She should have freaking listened.

Her throat felt tight as she fought to keep her lips from trembling and her eyes from spilling the hot tears.

"I'll get back to work." She said,  hurriedly leaving. What had she been thinking? That they would be really nice and understanding? That they would welcome her with open arms?
She sobbed against the wall in Jeremy's room. She could hear the muffled sounds of heated conversation but she didn't listen. She didn't want to hear it.

For the time being she had forgotten she was ugly. That was how being with Jeremy felt. She felt like she was finally normal. But now that illusion was shattered. She was still deformed . Babies still burst into tears at the sight of her face. Heck, she burst into tears sometimes.

She swallowed her tears and picked herself up off the floor. She was going to finish the ceiling painting, get her money and ask her parents to help her cover the remaining costs. She would get that surgery done. Anything was better than this.

¥•
Omg this is sooooo sad I'm literally crying 😭.
Was their reaction too far fetched? Let's not forget he's cheating on her 😭 so much drama 😭.
Vote
Comment
Share!
Love,
Ally_town