Nine

"So when are you making it official? Everyone has been talking about you two."

Jeremy was at Tony's house, playing video games.

Jeremy grunted in reply.

"You know, the dare explicitly stated that she has to be your girlfriend. Public relationship. The works."

No reply.

"So far you've wasted almost a week, just hanging around. What gives?"

"We have a date... Okay so maybe it isn't a date, but it's a something on Saturday. So I'll pop the question then." Or I'll try to, he silently added.

He was okay with talking to her and hanging out but the thought of making out with her was repulsive. How weird would it be? How would he look deep into her eyes afterwards and say the three dreaded words 'I love you'?

"Did you just shudder? Thought about kissing her didn't ya?" Tony said, pausing the game and reaching over to pat his shoulder.

"Fuck you" was the reply.

"Hey man... Since you and Cara aren't a thing anymore, you mind if I make a move?"

That was the reason behind the entire dare.
Jeremy tried not to break the gaming pad in his hand.

"No, you fucking can't you piece of dog turd. You sic me on a freaking beast and go off with my ex-girlfriend. How am I not supposed to fucking mind?"

Of course he didn't really say that. He held his tongue and just shrugged.

"Yeah whatever man." He couldn't resist adding. "Never knew you liked to take my leftovers."

Before Tony could get angry completely, he jumped up and pulled a bottle of ginger ale from the fridge.

"I'm heading out. See ya."

Before Tony could reply, he was out the game room door.

He jogged down to his car and drove off, still angry.

He couldn't help but compare what he'd lost to what he was about to get.

Cara was beautiful. Long red hair with vibrant blue eyes. Perfect button nose and rosy plump lips, perfect for kissing.

He cast his mind back to the memory of Sasha.
She was... A freak. Sure, one eye was the prettiest green he had ever seen but the other was so small and lifeless... He shuddered again.
All through the week, it had taken serious will power to keep a happy face around her. All he had wanted to do was turn tail and run, especially when she laughed or smiled. That upper lip... he shuddered.

He pulled into his drive way and rushed upstairs for the notebook.

6. She has the prettiest green eye.
7. Nice body too.
8.
He struggled to think of something good to add but nothing came to mind.
He cancelled number 8.

*****
"Mom, my friend is here to pick me up. Is that okay?"

"You have a friend that's of driving age? Wait, you have a friend?" Her mom joked as she came out of the bedroom, Saturday morning. It was a normal thing now, her lack of friends.

"Hardeyhaha" Sasha said in flat voice.

"Isn't it a bit early?"

"Mom it's 11 o'clock. And I've already eaten in case that's why you're out here." She replied, clattering down the stairs.

"Actually, I came out to see who this 'friend' of yours is. If the person actually exists..."

Sasha rolled her eyes and rubbed Malory's ears in a fond way.