Forty Nine

Sasha stared at the TV listlessly as she flicked from channel to channel. Her body was draped over the couch in the most comfortable position ever and Malory's constant warmth hovering around made her feel very comfortable.

It was Monday morning and her shrink had insisted that she stay at home for a few more days to take her out of the toxic atmosphere of high school. As far as Sasha was concerned, that was the only high point of having Dr Sheridan in her life. It felt embarrassing to talk to him about all her issues and what pushed her to attempt suicide. It helped that he had a kindly nature about him, if not, she would have probably closed up and not said a word for their entire session.

Instead, she was trying her best to prove to him that she was no longer suicidal. Basically, the depression that weighed her down didn't feel so bad anymore especially with the amount of love and care her family was pouring on her. She didn't want to disappoint them again. She was ready to go back and get her life together. A fresh start and a clean slate.

Of course she was aware of how difficult it would be. She was tired of feeling weak and worthless. She was going to hold her head high and not let anyone treat her in any way that felt demeaning and wicked. She was going to be Sasha 2.0.

She could hear her mother bustling around in the kitchen for a reason she couldn't understand. That was the downside to staying at home. She couldn't be left alone. Her mom had taken a few days off work to be with her and spend quality time with her. The horrors.

She still felt guilty for causing so much worry, but that guilt could be pushed aside.

As far as she didn't think about HIM then she would be okay.

When she finally found a rerun of Fear factor to watch, the door bell rang.

Sasha sat there silently, hoping that her mom would get the door. After the bell rang again, her mother shouted from the kitchen, "Sasha! Get the door! I'm busy in here!"

Sasha rolled her eyes and got up. Just when she had found the perfect resting spot and the perfect tv show to sink her mind into, someone had to spoil it! Why???

Her jaw dropped when she peeped through the peephole.

What in the world?

She contemplated ignoring the ringing door bell but her mom yelled again from the kitchen. She sighed.

Sasha 2.0 was going to have to make an appearance earlier than she planned.

She was not going to take any shit from anyone, even if she had to flip Jeremy Cox's mother over her shoulder and dislocate her wrist.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door.

To Lisa's credit she didn't wince or anything. Instead, she looked extremely contrite as she smiled at Sasha.

"Hi... can I come in?"

"Sasha! Who is it?" Her mother yelled.

"It's Mrs Cox!"

Her mother didn't reply. In less than 2 seconds, she was beside Sasha and glaring at Lisa.

"What are you doing at my home?" Mrs Stewart asked acidly. To her credit, the last time they'd met, Lisa had been so annoying that they'd actually physically fought.

"I'd tell you... but I'm still kind of outside." Lisa said, indicating her position. She was dressed to model like perfection.