Fourteen

"Oh shit, you have GOT to see this!" That was Desmond at football practice, Monday afternoon. They were in the boys locker room changing into their uniforms.

Desmond held out his tab and everyone crowded around it.

Jeremy could see a blonde girl screaming at that Lainey girl. He had heard that there was a girl on girl fight but he hadn't heard who the people had been.

The camera zoomed in and with a shock, he realized it was Sasha.

"Holy shit, that's gotta hurt!" One of them said as Sasha threw a punch. The crowd was wild so it was difficult for him to hear what she had said.

When they reached the part that Lainey was slapped, everybody said "Oooh!"

"I would hate to be in her shoes right now!"

"Did she just spit on her? Oh shit."

"Jeremy isn't this the girl you're supposed to date?" Desmond asked.

All eyes turned to him. He nodded.

"Whoa, she's ugly as hell but she can pack a mean punch. Look at that girl's shiner!" Desmond said, slapping his back.

He mumbled a reply but his eyes were fixed on how Sasha picked up a painting and walked away. She looked so angry. Yet there was something vulnerable about the way she held herself.

After football practice, he texted her.

You alright?

A bit.

I'm coming over.

Now?

Yes. See u in 15mins.

Kk.

He was surprised by his actions. Why was he going over?
He listed his reasons in his head as he showered.

1. I'm bored.
2. I have no one else to hang with. I have friends but I don't have friends.
3. I want to hear her point of view.
4. I just... Want to, I guess.

He fidgeted as he rang the doorbell. He hated this new side of him that was nervous and fidgety. It was absolutely uncalled for.
It was her little brother that answered.

"Oh, you again." His eyes narrowed at Jeremy. "What do you want?"

"Um, I'm here to see Sasha."

"Why?"

Jeremy stared at him for a few seconds. Why was he here?

"Solomon, really you need to learn to buzz off." It was Sasha that said it, moving Solomon aside and welcoming Jeremy into the house.
Malory was waiting by the stairs. When she saw that Sasha was talking to Jeremy, she came over and sniffed at his shoes.

"Yeah, sorry but you have to take off your shoes now. It's a no shoe house." Sasha explained.
He shrugged and obliged.

She led him to the living room but Solomon sat firmly on the couch, making his feelings clear that Jeremy was definitely not wanted.

"Oh stop being a drama queen!" Sasha said, messing up his hair. "Come on Jeremy, let's go over to my room."

"Room?" Solomon said in outrage.

"Yes, room." Sasha replied. It was a stare down that Sasha won.

Jeremy laughed and resisted the urge to stick his tongue out at Solomon as they passed him.

"Don't get up to any funny business!" He called out.

"Buzz off!" Sasha replied, not looking at him.