Twenty One

So pic above is of Jeremy. He's just too beautiful for words 😍😩. #goals btw make sure you read the authors note at the end. Some deep stuff...

Jeremy felt his heart stutter before his brain caught up with him. You're only in trouble if you've been caught, he reminded himself.

He threw a carefree grin on his face and settled down on the couch.

"Just a stupid dare to get a picture of Samantha Rennin without makeup. Nothing really important." He replied, reaching for the ginger ale.

The lie had flowed perfectly from his lips. This what what he was used to. So why did he feel like a huge ass when she shrugged it off?

She really didn't know what to make of it. So Jeremy was having issues with Tony? And Tony apparently had his girlfriend? Maybe things weren't so perfect in Jerryland after all. The thought made her feel a sort of kinship with him. He wasn't perfect. It was a relief.

She leaned back into the couch and let him pick something to watch.

"Why do you have so many foreign language shows? Don't tell me you're multilingual!" She made a mock terror face.

He grinned and plucked a chocolate from the box in her lap.

"You are? Where did you get time to learn all that?" She asked in surprise.

"I have a thing for languages... And accents... It's actually because - never mind, you'll think I'm stupid."

He looked so good when he was uncertain. He was always acting so confident that she rarely got glimpses of the real Jeremy Cox beneath the facade. And when she did get glimpses she took mental pictures. Like right now.

"I swear, I won't. Scout's honor!" She placed her hand to her chest as he selected an action movie for them.

"Another time" he said, deftly avoiding the line of the conversation.

She shrugged. Let him have his secrets. She had no right to force her way in.
The movie was nice. Jeremy had dimmed the lights and found a bucket of popcorn for them to share along with the chocolates.
They were under a blanket and halfway through the movie, Sasha stretched her legs out so her feet landed on Jeremy's thighs.

He looked at her in surprise for a few seconds but her attention was already back of the movie. It had been a normal thing for her.

He resisted the urge to peek at her toenails, to examine nail designs she would have put there. He also resisted the urge to warm up her cold feet with his hands. He was resisting a lot of urges lately, which wasn't like him at all.

By the time the movie was over, Sasha's eyes were closed firmly in sleep. He tapped her feet lightly. She didn't budge.

He grinned to himself as he pulled off the blanket and began to examine her toenails.
He wasn't disappointed. She had painted little flowers on them. He just LOVED tiny stuff.

He wrapped his hands around her cold feet.
The touch made him a bit lightheaded. Why in the world was he touching a sleeping girl's feet?
He began to massage them gently. She had soft baby feet. How nice. To have nice feet attached to such legs. Legs.

"No, I am NOT going to stroke a sleeping girl's legs! That is tantamount to rape!" He muttered to himself. 

But his hands had minds of their own as they slowly went up to her knees and back. Such soft skin.