Thirty

Guys 30 is such a significant number!! So glad the story made it so far with you guys along for the ride. Oh and WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO ATTACHED!!!! It's necessary for total enjoyment of this chapter.

She smiled back and pushed past him into the house.

"What's that I smell? I'm starving!" She called out as she headed in the direction of the kitchen. He stifled a laugh and closed the door.
Well, hello to you too.

He couldn't help but notice the how well those sweats fit her. Her legs looked amazing. And that ass too.

He shook his head and followed her, eyes taking her in from shiny hair to converse clad feet.

"Bon appetit, ma cherie. Aussi, je pense que tu es belle, ce soir."

He sat her down at the set table and put the food down for her.

"What did you say? And what in the world are these?" Sasha asked, eyeing the pork chops. She took a sip of the chilled Mountain Dew in the glass.

"They're caramelized pork chops. Eat up." He replied, before digging in.

"Wow, Jerry, I never pegged you as someone who could cook fancy meals." Sasha commented after a bit.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, sugar tits." He replied, smoothly.

Her eyes widened.

"Sugar tits?"

"Yep. You're not the only one who can come with horrible nicknames."

"Jerry isn't horrible!"

"It makes me sound like I'm a 45 year old pedophile. That, my friend, is beyond horrifying."

Sasha chortled with laughter. Oh how she loved to banter with him.

"Who knows, maybe I can tell the future" She said, grinning.

Jeremy pretended to faint, which sent her into fits again.
When the food was gone, she helped him load the dish washer.

The soft music was still playing in the background, making the evening seem magical.

"Is this how it always is here? So quiet? So peaceful?" She asked, as he handed her more Mountain Dew. It was like he knew it was her favorite. She didn't recall ever telling him though.

He shrugged and leaned his hip casually against the counter. "I find the 'peacefulness' quite oppressing."

"I think it's divine." She ran a hand through her hair and closed her eyes, as if to imagine her divine world.

Jeremy looked at her. At this point he decided that she was not ugly anymore. Her face was just different from other faces. Different doesn't mean bad. Sure it was a bit disturbing from time to time.

But he loved the fact that she had an expressive beautiful green eye and a lifeless brown one. He liked the fact that she had a weird looking nose and an even weirder looking mouth. It was her - take it or leave it.

"Hey, I love this song!" Her eyes flew open.
She began to sway from side to side in a way that Jeremy found quite alluring.
The first verse tinkled through the speakers and Jeremy turned it up a bit.