Four

"So... How's the challenge going?" Tony asked as he lounged on Jeremy's bed.

"Screw you man" was Jeremy's reply.

"What? You haven't asked her out yet?"

"I saw her today... Even tried to talk to her" he evaded.

"Tried? Was her face that disgusting?"

"Nah. She covered it up with the glasses and scarf... Actually looked normal for once"

"Then why didn't you ask her out?"

Because she was already on the defense. Because she made me... Frightened by her lack of regard for me. Jeremy didn't say any of those out loud.

"Dunno. Pass me the crisps would you?"

Tony obliged but watched him closely. He was olive skinned with doe brown eyes and dark brown hair. Unlike Jeremy, who was tall and well built, Tony was  lean and muscular, like the long distance runner he was.

"So when do you plan on asking?"

Jeremy rolled his eyes and sucked his lips into his mouth in exasperation.

"I can't just ask her out like that! I've never spoken to her before so what do you think she'll say if I suddenly act all chummy?"

"I think she'll be grateful that someone hot is speaking to her"

Jeremy cast his mind back to when he'd spoken to her. She didn't seem grateful. She had seemed irritated. What kind of girl doesn't want to hang with me?

He shrugged and resumed texting.

"I did you a favor and found her digits. You want?"

Tony smiled at his discomfort.

Jeremy raised his eyes slowly from the phone and caught the evil smile. This boy is trying to ruin me, he thought. How is he my friend again?

"Nah. I'll ask her for it."

Why am I even doing this dare? He wondered. The question was quickly answered. My freaking ego. It can't get out that I didn't do the dare, he repeated.

******
Sasha wasn't sure if she was curious or angry. Jeremy Cox just tried to 'be nice' to her. That on its own had set off her alarm bells.

She mentioned the chance encounter to Sylvie, who stiffened instantly.

"He's a jerk, Sasha. Don't pay attention to him."

"Exactly what I thought. He must have some... Plan or something."

"Right you are." The way she said it made Sasha's skin prickle. She was hiding something from her.

"What happened at the party yesterday?"

Sylvie was quiet for a full five minutes. In that time, Sasha didn't let her gaze waver from Sylvie's face.

"I discovered that Tony is a huge jerk... And he doesn't like me. He's more interested in Cara."
Sasha was surprised. To find out all that in one night, it must have been tough.

She stood slowly and went over to Sylvie's bed to hug her. Sylvie sobbed for a few minutes.

"Well, he's freaking blind 'cause I know that you're a way better catch than Cara."

Sylvie laughed, pulling out of her embrace for a few seconds. "You're my sister. You're expected to tell me that."

Sasha shook her head. "Sylvie, you're awesome! I mean half the people in school have seen me almost everyday of their life and they still act surprised when they see me. Only you guys don't and I'm sure it takes a whole lot of will power to not cringe-"

Sylvie stiffened and looked at her hotly. "Don't you ever say that, Sasha! You're my sister! And I think you look okay."

Sasha laughed at her indignant manner. "Let's call a spade a spade, okay?"

Sylvie sighed and went back into Sasha's embrace. There was no arguing with Sasha. She always won.

"You know what? Tomorrow, let's go for milkshakes at that place you like so much, yeah?" Sasha said, after a few minutes.

"Okay. But it's my treat" Sylvie replied smiling.

"Just what I wanted to hear!"

Beastiful || Completed||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें