Fifty One

"Yo, Solomon I'm tired of being indoors. Let's go out to that park or something." Sasha said, stretching her limbs.

"Why? You finally realized I'm a much better dancer than you are?" He replied, smirking.

She scoffed and cuffed his head lightly. They'd been trying to choreograph dance moves in the living room. It should have been a fun simple activity but there were just too many issues. First, they both couldn't agree on one thing.

Solomon kept on trying to make everything based on martial arts. He'd be doing kicks and blocks and calling it dancing. He absolutely refused to do any of the normal dances because they were 'over used and unoriginal'.

Second, Malory kept trying to add herself into the mix. She would randomly jump off the couch and start capering around to the music as if she was part of the choreography.

And finally, they both couldn't find the right song.
After hours of flops, arguments, yelling at Malory and generally exhausting herself by trying to make Solomon obey her, Sasha was tired. This was something she'd rather had done with Sylvie but she still felt a bit awkward with her sister in the same room. Solomon was her last choice.

She just wanted human interaction for a while and now he had tired her of it. She knew he wouldn't leave her alone for the rest of the day till she agreed to put fighting into the dance so she was trying to distract him. At least at the park, no one would bother her.

"We can take Malory too. You can see if any of your friends are around and just mix."

Solomon pretended to think about it for a while.

"Will we get froyo?" He asked, tapping his lower lip with his index finger. The way his brown eyes twinkled with mischief made her crack a smile.

"Nope!"

"Sasha I know you just want me to leave you alone. And I will... if we get froyo." He smiled this time, knowing he'd won.

Sasha followed him to the the front hall and they began pulling on their shoes.

"I can't believe you're using frozen yogurt against me. My own brother!" She tutted.
She quickly put on her scarf and glasses.

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."

"You're not a man!"

"Blah blah blah I can't hear youuuuu!" He said, running out the front door, Malory in tow.

Sasha laughed and called back into the house.

"Mom!!! We're going to the park!!"

"Okay! Bring me back some frozen yogurt!" She called back from the study where she and her husband worked.

Sasha's eyes widened in surprise.

"Oh, me too!" Her dad shouted out.

"I didn't hear that!" She yelled back, before running out of the house.

What in the world? Why was everyone suddenly into froyo?
She patted her pocket to make sure her phone was in it then chased after Solomon till she caught up.

She slung an arm around his shoulders as the walked and chatted about random stuff.

Then her phone buzzed in her pocket. Her heart stopped. Could it be? Could it be him? No one else ever really texted her except him and Solomon or Sylvie. When her heart restarted, it galloped painfully and she hooked in her conversation with Solomon before pulling out her phone rapidly.