Twenty Four

Ah the long awaited chapter. Love you guys.

Sasha cast a side long glance at Jeremy as he drove them to the hill so they could see the sky best. He looked so unreal at that moment. His eyes were focused on the road, his lips pursed in concentration. Sexy as hell.

Sasha caught the thought by its throat and choke slammed it into oblivion. She was definitely not going to fall for him. Nope.

She wasn't going to deceive herself into thinking they were anything more than friends because it was obvious they would never be a couple. She was a beast.

"Penny for your thoughts oh wise one?" Jeremy asked as he parked the car smoothly.

"Nah. More like a hundred thousand dollars for my thoughts. A penny is definitely not gonna cut it."

His blue eyes lit up with mischief. He stepped out of the car and began to sing and dance.

"Your price is way too high; you need to CUT IT!"
He hit the folks at the appropriate pause then winked at Sasha.
She face-palmed and muttered under her breath. So he was a good dancer too.

When they had finally settled on the blanket on the grass, he finally told her about his day. His fear of sharks in the form of friends. His discomfort with his life. His inability to trust anyone.

He let it all out and laid it out to dry. Sasha was quiet for a few minutes as she absorbed the information.
All the while she had envied his popularity but now that she knew what it came with, she was kind of content with where she was in life.

"Are you going to say anything or are you just gonna sit here in the moonlight all night?" Jeremy asked impatiently.

Sasha blew a stand of hair off here face and looked at the sky. The moon had begun to peek out of some clouds. Soon, it would be a beautiful night.

"Do you like it?"

His confusion was clear.

"I mean do you like the popularity? The fame? The love of the school?"

He pondered her questions.
"It's all I've ever known. I feel like I have to be the top dog. It's ... It's complicated."

She nodded, biting her inside cheek. "Are you willing to fight for it? Would you give anything to keep your place?"

She sounded so serious that he was a bit put off. What kind of questions where those? She made it sound so intense. It was scary.
He shifted uncomfortably on the blanket and scratched his neck.

"Uh... Maybe we should change topics. The sky is really nice today."

Sasha turned and scooted closer to him. Her hand gripped his arm tightly and she made him stare at her.

"Will. You. Fight. For. It?"

His heart began to race from the physical contact and the absurdity of her question.

"Uh... I guess so?" Her face was uncomfortably close and he was begin to take notice of her disturbing features. It gave him shivers to realize how he had stopped noticing them.

"Stop guessing Jerry. If you want something, I know you'll get it. You want to be top dog so simply obliterate every chance Tony has over you. Cara? Get her and fuck her hard. Remind her who the hell you are. Desmond? Fuck his mom. He's not important. And then next time they say they don't want you there, you pick anyone off their scrawny ass and say 'Yes bitch. You're on my seat' and rip the balls out of any single motherfucker that wants to stop you. Clear?"

He was rendered speechless. What kind of girl was she? Did she just give him advice on how to rip back his popularity?

He took a moment to stare at her. Her hair was gleaming in the moonlight. Her skin looked smooth like alabaster. But her face. God her face. It hurt him to think that someone so beautiful on the inside should have such an exterior.

"Out of all the girls in Cleveland, Ohio, you're just the most special, do you know?"
The words came straight from his heart without his brain filtering it.

She blushed slightly and hid her smile. "I bet you'd say that to any girl."

He laughed at that. If it were any other girl he wouldn't need to go through the stress of wooing her. Why would he ask someone out to see the stars all just to get laid? Zero sense what so ever.
The idea of trying so hard for something so normal was stupid.

"I seriously doubt that" he finally said in a crisp British accent.

Sasha snapped her fingers. "How do you do that? It's amazing!"

He smiled and shrugged. "I'm thinking of being a voice over actor. You know, do the voices for animations and stuff like that."

She was the first person he was telling this to. He had told his parents he was going into performing arts. Lies.

She took time to think over it. He was splendid at voices. He would be perfect for that job.

"Wow. But with your looks why bother with that? Just be an actor at once and be famous."

He shook his head. "I'm done with people labeling me because of my looks. It's stereotypical and annoying."

"At least I get why you watch all those foreign tv shows. To pick up the accents right?"

"Yeah and to pick up the language too."

"You multilingual piece of shit." She said punching his arm playfully.

There was a pause in the conversation as the moon finally broke free of the clouds. It was large and full, illuminating everything. The Stars were so many and so bright that Sasha ached to paint them.
Sasha could not keep her eyes off it.

Jeremy watched her. He had seen the sky. It was perfect for his room. He had been about to say so but then he had seen how entranced she was by the beauty. He didn't want to spoil the moment.
He felt something shift in him. She looked so innocent. So pure. So precious at that moment.

When her eyes finally left the sky, they settled on his.

He didn't pause to think. He just acted. He pulled her close. She offered little resistance.

Then he tilted her chin and kissed her deformed lips.

Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!
Yes, I had to add the deformed part for dramatic effect. No, I am not crazy... Or am I?
Anyhow I'm sure you guys enjoyed this chapter especially after the long wait. For that I apologize deeply. It was unavoidable. 😅
So happy reading, yeh?
Buckets of love,
Ally_town