22

Was too lazy to spell out the chapter stuff. Yeah, bite me. For those of you who noticed the chapters are getting longer 😆😆 so more enjoyment! And most importantly a picture of Jeremy above 😍😍😲. Enjoy😉.

Monday morning. Sasha walked to class with a spring in her step and a smile tugging at her lips.

Her mind back to yesterday evening and the smile widened.

Jeremy Cox trusted her. What a feeling! It was a relief to know that underneath all his Adonis features he was still a human being. The idea alone made her happier. And he trusted her! Her! Sasha Stewart!

She felt like doing a little dance right there in her history class.
Then the teacher had to make an announcement that soured her mood.

"As you know, the senior class graduation ceremony will be held on the very last day of school. So those of you that want to do anything special on that day or you just want to help set the entire event up, feel free to meet me after the class. The prom committee is having a meeting this afternoon after school so if you want to help out, sign the sheets."

Sasha felt like someone had thrown cold water over her. Jeremy was a year older than her. Jeremy was in the graduating class. Jeremy would be leaving her in less than 3 weeks. She'd be back to being all alone.

Desperation and panic clawed at the back of her throat as she struggled to not burst into tears. She clasped and unclasped her hands, squeezing them so hard, she feared they might break.

She didn't know what to do. She did not want to go back to being lonely. She did not want to go back to her empty state of mind. She did not want to go back to having only her family to laugh with. She did not want to lose Jeremy. A lot of things she didn't want.

She zoned out as the teacher continued babbling about how African countries were colonized, by whom and the years. A stray tear escaped and she wiped it away.

She had two choices. Pretend it never happened and enjoy the time she had left with Jeremy only to have him ripped away from her, or start distancing herself now so she could get used to life without him.

The choice was obvious.

*************************
Jeremy finished doing his 50 press ups before jumping up and start a round of burpees. He was on the sports field, getting in some warm up to loosen his tightened muscles.

They had been tight since the night before when all he'd wanted to was to grab Sasha and kiss her, full on the deformed lips. Strangely, the thought didn't disturb him again as it had before. Now he just wanted to get a taste. Lips were lips. They came in all shapes and sizes.
He was certain that once he kissed her, he would be satisfied and his stupid hands would stop their stupid trembling and his stupid heart would stop pounding so hard. He just wanted her because she was playing hard to get, he was sure.

Coach Peters blew his whistle and they rounded up, ready to practice some football.
After practice, his body was humming with the flow he got from exercising and he took a quick shower.

When he emerged, his clothes were nowhere to be found and the locker room was empty.
So they were playing a prank on him? Probably Tony that set it up so they would have a good laugh. He wiped himself down with his towel and tied it securely round his waist.

He went over to the mirror and ran a hand through his damp hair. He had a variety of options. He could stay here till they got tired of waiting for him to come out. But then his stomach growled. He didn't want to miss lunch. He could go out there, raging at them and chase after them till they brought his clothes back. He would catch them, he was a good sprinter.
But he knew this game well. Hell, he'd pranked many unsuspecting people that way. Once he stepped out of there, they would grab his towel and leave him there, stark naked.
He could go out there, casually as if there was nothing wrong. He would just stroll around till they got tired of waiting. It would make all the girls go crazy and make them feel stupid.