Eleven

A/N: pic of Sylvie attached...

Sasha just followed Malory's lead, not caring where she took her. The world was reduced to a watery realm in her eyes. She pulled off the eye patch and scrunched it in her hand.

She couldn't believe it. After defending him. After thinking he was her friend. He had to come along and ask her out when he knew he didn't like her.

That was what made it worse. Knowing that for some reason, he saw it fit to ask her out, even when he sure as hell didn't like her.

Malory stopped and started to whine at her, licking her hands and rubbing against her legs.
She stood on the side walk, pressing her hands tightly against her eyes, in a weak attempt to keep the tears at bay.

After a few minutes, she began walking again, still following Malory's lead.
When she finally got home, she felt numb and dead inside.
"I'm home!" She called out softly when she came in.

She kicked off her trainers and raced upstairs, followed by a sober Malory.

The room was thankfully empty and she sank into her bed, weak from crying.
Malory jumped up beside her, snuggling close and licking the tears off her face at intervals.

"Is everything okay?"
That was Solomon. He was using his timid voice - the one he used in delicate situations.

"Everything is perfect! These are tears of joy." Sasha replied harshly.

"Sorry."

The room door closed softly.

Sasha sighed into her pillow.
She pulled out her sketch pad and began a new drawing. It was the one of Jeremy, up in the tree. That was the only time she was absolutely certain he was being genuine.

"Wow. You asked for this, Sasha. You bloody asked for it. How could you not know he had ulterior motives? Who wakes up and decides to befriend the ugliest person at school on a whim? I thought you were smarter than this. You wanted petty high school drama? There you have it, served nice and hot! Bon appetit!"
She said them out loud, ruffling Malory's ears as she stared at the ceiling.

Years ago she had painted their room ceiling with a picture of the night sky. Dark blue sky, moon peeking behind the clouds and hundreds of stars. It was beautiful.
She had always been excellent at drawing landscapes.
With a start, she realized her art homework was still undone.

Sighing, she got up and blew her nose. There was no point crying.
After washing her face, she picked up the eye patch and bandana then threw them in the bin. Good riddance.
She picked up her art bag and got ready for a cool evening.

She knocked on Solomon's room as she passed.

"Tell Mom and Dad that I won't be in for dinner."

"Why? What happened? Was it because of that boy?" Solomon asked, each question tumbling out.

Sasha glanced at her watch, ignoring him and rushing downstairs.

She wanted to paint the setting sun. At least, it would look inspirational. It was going to be a rush job but she worked well under pressure.
She biked all the way to her favorite spot. It was on a hill and the red and gold sunset could be seen perfectly from there.

She took pictures before she started so she would be able to continue later.
She began to paint, unleashing her rage at Jeremy on the painting.

*******
Holy crap.

That was the thought that kept coming back to Jeremy's head as recounted the events of the day.

Holy crap.
He could not believe what he had just done. What better way to make a girl feel bad than to ask her out, looking as if you just received your death sentence?

Holy crap.
He knew he had just destroyed any hopes of her accepting his request. No point trying to rekindle the friendship. No point.
Now he's have to admit defeat to Tony. And just that idea made him feel sick.
He was on his bed, in his room, staring at his phone.
5 o'clock.

An hour ago, he epically ruined a girl's day. Or week. He felt bad for Sasha. Sad that she was the one chosen to be the butt of the joke. If it had been a horrible person, he wouldn't have minded, but she was so... He really didn't have a word for it. Nice? Authentic?

To his surprise, the doorbell rang.

He was an only child so it was expected that he got the door, especially as his parents were out.
Rushing downstairs, he looked out through the peephole. Sylvie?

And an angry one too.

"Yeah?" He opened the door and tried to play it cool. He smiled his gorgeous smile at her.
"What brings you to my humble abode?"
His home was anything but humble. He lived in a freaking mansion!

"This assface!"

At that moment, he realized she had a bucket of muddy water in hand. The next, he was covered with it.

"That's for messing with my sister. And this," She slapped him. Hard. "Is for hurting her!"

"What the fuck, Sylvie?" He yelled angry. Not only was he soaked to the bone with cold muddy water, the front door and everything in its vicinity was soaked as well.
To her credit, she didn't back down.
Even though she was shorter than him by more than a head, she stepped up to him and pushed him back, violently.

"I am prepared to beat you up in your own house, you bastard!"
He was bewildered. He couldn't hit a girl. But he couldn't let his ass get handed to him by one.
"Look, I won't ever bother her again! I swear!" He said.

"No. You will go up to her, and you will apologize to her for being an uncaring prick, got it?"

"For fuck's sake, Sylvie, calm down!"

"How would you feel, if you got a call from your little bro that your sister is crying her eyes out in the bedroom you share with her? Huh?" She pushed him again.

He grabbed her hands as she tried to slap him again.

She was surprisingly strong, but he was stronger.

"Fine. Tomorrow, I will come to your house and I will tender my deepest apologies to her. I promise."

She removed herself from his grip, a look of absolute disgust in her face.

"You should have thought of how she would feel before you accepted the dare. Assface!"

She turned tail and stalked down the driveway, pausing to kick the empty bucket into the roses and spit on the flowers.

She was even feistier than her sister.
He ran his hand through his mud plastered hair and looked at the mess.
Holy crap.

~
Hey guys picture of Sylvie attached 😄😄. Hope you liked the chapter.
Vote, comment and shaaaarrreeee! Love you guys to bits.
Peace.