Twenty Nine

Pic of Sasha's outfit above😍

Sasha stared at her phone and contemplated the text she was about to send to Jeremy. It was the moment of truth. She was going to break the silence and see what happened. She was done fucking around. After all the drama she had heard whispered in school today she wanted to find out what the hell happened. Did Jeremy really fling Tony eight freaking feet away then choke him with a belt? Or did Tony insult Jeremy's parents and make Jeremy punch him so hard, he got instant acne?

The stories were so varied and strange. All she knew for sure was that Tony and Jeremy had an altercation of some sort in school. And of course, due to her lack of friends no one was going to tell her anything.

Her finger hovered over the send tab. So much power in such a little button. Her heart picked up speed as she shut her eyes and hit send.

Hey

She let out a sigh of relief and ran a shaky hand through her hair. She was being dramatic, she knew, but she couldn't help it.

Her eyes went round her empty room. She stood to look out the window and saw Solomon in the yard, kicking a ball around with Malory.

When she heard her phone ping, she pinched herself and picked it up.

Sup

Was at the mall the other day... I have the list for the stuff for the ceiling ready. But lemme be frank. It'll cost ya

Lay it on me

Total cost is roughly $16,000. And that's just for supplies.

Hmmm, ya sure u ain't cheating me, lil lady?

Pfft.

Sasha smiled at his quip. Little lady. They continued to chat casually for a while before Sasha brought up the incident at school.
His reply was fast.

He said stuff he had no business saying. Got me mad... I may have almost strangled him with one hand. Maybe

Lol. You should hear the stories I heard.

They kept on chatting for a while before he asked her over.

I'm lonely Sasha... come play with me

That sounds highly inappropriate Jerry

Don't call me Jerry... just come over

On my bike?

Yep. And bring that fancy list of stuff too. Lemme make sure u haven't got any plans to scrape money off me

In your dreams. Jerry. Be there in a few.

Yay!

Sasha did a warrior dance in real life. She jumped from foot to foot and shouted "AAHOO!" according to her tempo.

She knew she shouldn't be too excited but she just couldn't help it. Slowly, she managed to calm down before pulling on black sweatpants and a white large crop top. She was definitely NOT going to over dress. It made no difference. Ugly was ugly.

As she straddled her bike, she remembered to tell Solomon where she was headed.

"Yo, Solomon! I'm heading to Jeremy's. I won't be in for dinner!"

"WHAT?!?!" He rushed up to her and blocked her path. "You can't spend so much time with him! Sasha!"

He held the handlebars to make her stay.

"Solomon! Why can't I leave?" Sasha asked, annoyance tinged her voice.

"Stay with me! Play with me! Since he came along, you don't hang with me anymore! He's stealing you!"

Sasha ruffled his hair. He was jealous, wow. She kissed his cheek and he pulled away, embarrassed.

"Don't worry, I'm all yours tomorrow, okay?"

He nodded, still embarrassed. It had taken a lot from him to say it but it was true. He missed having her all to himself even if he pretended to not enjoy her company.

Sasha gave his hair one last ruffle before riding away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jeremy stared at his phone. Did he just invite her over? That was definitely it part of the plan. It was late already. She would be expecting food of some sort. He jumped up from his bed and raced downstairs.

Quickly, he entered the kitchen and began to whip up something to eat. He was a good cook especially as most of the time he had to rely on the internet for simple recipes. This time he settled for caramelized pork chops. After about 5 minutes of chopping and frantic movements, he let the contents of the pan simmer.

Soon, a lovely scent floated across his nose and he sighed with content. He was going to show here a good time.
He stood up to put on some chilled music.

As the music played, he stirred the pork chops. All of a sudden, he froze. 

Was this a ... date?

It was as actually a legitimate question. And a worrying one. He had never cooked for anyone but himself before. Even worse he had never invited a girl over and cooked for her too. Yikes. Was he going soft?

His mind went back to the afternoon's incident. He knew his actions meant something but he was determined to not go there. He knew without a doubt that if he ever got wind of anyone saying any unsavory thing about her, he would lose it. He was fine with protecting her. But cooking for her? Was it that deep?

Yes. That's why you're cooking and playing music. This is a date man. A freaking date!
He pushed the voice away and began to make a list of why this was a date.

1. You're cooking
2. You're playing music
3. Your heart is racing
4. You brushed your hair.

Yikes!
It was a kind of sort of date. That was not his intention at all.

Date. Date. Date. Date.

The door bell shook him out of his reverie. He took a deep breath and tried to grab his cool Jeremy self.

On the way, he messed up his hair. How dare he brush his hair?

He pulled the door open and leaned on the door frame casually.

"Hey."

¥•
Yep, I'm just gonna leave it there. Don't worry, I have the next chapter all ready. Yes! We have a double update on our hands.
Don't get too excited okay? I'm only one girl 😂.
Yup this is just a filler chapter to set the mood and all 😄.
Vote. Comment. Share. New slang word thing creation : VCS. Hehehe. Any hoo bye

❤️
Ally_town