Forty Three

Thursday morning.

Another day of misery and bullying for Sasha. Ever since Monday, she hadn't got enough anger in her to attack Sylvie for betraying her. All the time, she read books about the guy cheating and then always wondered at the girl for going after the other girl. It was the guy you had a commitment with not the girl. But in this case who was more to blame? Who was supposed to be more trusted? Her sister or her boyfriend?

She wasn't angry anymore, she just felt depressed and broken down. Nothing was going her way, everyone in school hated her and she didn't even know what to do with herself anymore.

This was what she hated. This was what she had been trying to avoid. She had been perfectly fine before Jeremy came along. Now he's changed her and softened her up so all the snide comments, all the mean looks and all the 'accidental' stuck out foots hurt her. They hurt her a lot.

"Hey, Sasha right?"

She looked up from her locker to find none other than Tony Shapiro, arch enemy of Jeremy Cox and ex-best friend of said person. She resisted the urge to snarl at him. The only reason she didn't like him was because Jeremy didn't like him. And apparently Jeremy didn't care about her so she couldn't still act like she cared about him. Even if she did.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"I was just wondering how you and Jeremy's relationship is going. Breezy?"

She ignored him and slammed her locker shut, heading in a random direction.

"You guys have been dating for like nearly a week or more. Right?" He followed her as she strode away.

"I don't see how this is any of your business." She replied sharply.

"But it is. I need to know you've been dating for up to 2 weeks yet." Sasha was walking quickly so she did not notice the sly look on Tony's face.

"Well, like I said before it's none of your business."

Tony grunted in annoyance. He wanted her to ask him why it was his business. He didn't want to jump the gun too early.

"It is entirely my business. You guys wouldn't be dating without me! So tell me has it been 2 weeks yet?"

Sasha froze at his words. What did he mean by that? She turned and faced him, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"What?"

"You heard me! Two weeks yet?"

"No. Why are you asking?"

"Because, I'm the reason you guys are together." Tony said slowly, enjoying the confusion in Sasha's eyes.

"Wh -how?"

"I probably shouldn't say..." He mumbled.

"Tell. Me."

"I dared him to date the ugliest girl in school for a couple of weeks. He picked you."

Sasha felt something shift deep inside her as pain from his words made her wince. Despite how hurt she felt, she strove to keep a brave face.

"That's not true. Stop lying!"

"I'm not lying -"

"Yes you are! YOU ARE LYING BECAUSE YOU'RE JEALOUS OF JEREMY AND YOU WANT TO HURT HIM THROUGH ME!" She yelled, in anger.

"Seriously, I'm not!"

"Well, if you thought you could waltz over to me and lie to my face about our relationship, you thought wrong! Jeremy would never do something like that!"