Twelve

A/n: pic of Jeremy attached!! Bae or nah?

Why do you care? Why do you even freaking care? How many girls have you hurt before? Why do you care about this one?

Those questions ran through Jeremy's head as he surveyed the flower shop, searching for the appropriate flowers for Sasha.

It was true. He had used, shouted at and been even more devious with girls before Sasha. The other day he'd banished Jasmine from his house and he didn't think twice about it. So it bothered him now that he actually felt guilty.
Yes, he could be a jerk but he didn't mind. But now he did. And he wished he could reverse time and never ask that stupid stupid question.
He was avoiding Tony now because the next question from his lips would be about HER.

He was so frustrated. He rarely apologized for anything sincerely in his life! How was he supposed to do this? Were the flowers overkill?

He drove to her house and rang the doorbell. He could hear Malory barking at the door and footsteps coming.
He found himself sweating by the palms. He was nervous. He wiped his hands on his jeans and shifted from foot to foot.

"Yes?" It was her little brother, Solomon.
"Uh, is Sasha home?"
The boy nodded and called up the stairs.

"Sasha there's someone here to see you!"

Solomon motioned for him to come in, eyes looking skeptically at the flowers. Malory stood, barring his way, growling at him.

"What did you do to get her angry?" Solomon joked. He led Jeremy to the living room and left him there to shout up the stairs again.

"Are you the one that made her cry yesterday?" Solomon asked, reappearing in the living room.
Jeremy didn't really know what to say so he he shrugged.

"Okay. Just so you know, if you ever hurt Sasha again... It might be the last time. Ever." From the way his doe brown eyes glowered at him, Jeremy could tell that the boy could actually mean it.

How could he let a little kid threaten him like that?

"I'm not kidding. I've been learning taekwondo since I was 5. And Sasha means the world to me. So if I ever see her crying because of-"
He stopped once he heard the clatter of feet coming down the stairs.

"He's in here!"

"He?" Sasha came into the living room, still dressed in pajamas even though it was nearly noon. Solomon quickly made himself scarce, but not before shooting him daggers with his eyes.

Her eyes widened when she saw him.

"What are you doing here?" She asked in a resigned manner.

He shuffled from foot to foot as he tried to come up with the right words to say.

"I came to apologize, for yesterday. I shouldn't have done that."

"Shouldn't have asked me out or shouldn't have pretended to be my friend?" She sank into the couch as she spoke.

He noticed the circles under her eyes and the messy state of her hair. Strangely, he wasn't forcing himself not to grimace.

"Both. And maybe I started off pretending to be friends with you but it changed. Really."

"And did you ever stop to think about how I would feel? Scratch that. So now you think that when you say sorry, everything's gonna be all good in Jerryland?"

He didn't know what to say. Tongue tied.

"Look I'm trying to do the right thing here. Cut me some slack."

"The right thing to do would have been to leave me alone so I wouldn't have a taste of what it feels like to have friends and then have that sensation ripped from me. The right thing to do would have been to not ask me out in that crude way as if you're about to get hit by a freight train." Her voice wasn't heated or angry as she spoke. It was disappointed. And that made them all the more painful.

"Look," he said, kneeling in front of her and forcing her to look at him. He picked up her hands and wrapped them around the flowers. Her hands were so soft.

"I can't change what I did in the past. But I can change what I'll do in the future. And I'm sorry. Sorry for hurting you and acting like a moron. Believe me when I say I want to be your friend."

As the words came, he realized they were true. He would actually miss her quips and funny ideas.

"Hmmm. Are you sure you aren't doing this just to mess with me?" A single tear rolled from her emerald green eye.

He didn't think, he just did. He pulled her into a hug, squashing the flowers between them.

She hugged him back. Her body was soft and she smelt like paint and strawberries. Odd but nice combo.

"I swear, I'm not messing with you."

~
I know. Short chapter. Forgive me. So far just a few reads. A bit disappointed but oh well. Not everyone is as popular right?
Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Don't be too excited to vote, comment or share!! Lots of love guys
Xoxo