Ten

Jeremy was up in a tree. After being chased round the entire park by Malory, he dropped the duffel bag and climbed the tree. Malory barked and ran round the bottom, having the time of her life.

Sasha raised her phone and took a picture of the mortification clear on his face. It made him look so vulnerable. A football player, vulnerable. Two ideas that should never mix.

"Come on Jeremy, grow a dick and come down here. She won't bite." Sasha fondled Malory's ears as she stood at the bottom of the tree.

Jeremy flipped her his middle finger.

"I thought you were going to teach me soccer!"

"I thought I wouldn't have a blood thirsty beast panting for my blood!"

"She doesn't want your blood! Stop being dramatic!"

"I saw the look in her eyes. That's blood thirstiness if I ever saw it!"

Sasha howled with laughter. Was this really happening?

"Can't you give her to someone to play with? I mean except me"

Sasha looked around for a victim. Most of the people around were little kids and some were staring up at Jeremy with goofy grins and pointing fingers.

"How about I tie her to the park bench? Is that okay, Jerry baby?"

His scowl made her laugh. "Yes."

"Yes, what?"

His blue laser glare made her laugh harder. His eyes were so blue.
"Yes... Please."

She dragged Malory over to the park bench and tied her securely to it. Malory whined and strained to be free but Sasha just patted her head.

"You did this to yourself, you mangy mutt." That was Jeremy. He was out of the tree, now that danger had been averted.

"So... What's in the bag?" She asked as they walked to retrieve it. She sat on the grass, cross legged and waited.

He dug his hand through the bag and brought it out with his middle finger extended.

"Oh really? That's so mature. Jerry." Sasha said laughing.

His cheeks turned slightly redder. Sasha couldn't believe her eyes. He actually blushed.
He threw the soccer ball at her with a lot of force. She caught it, with inches to spare.

"Hey!"

"That's for being a bully." He replied.

After rooting around a bit, he looked up, all the playfulness gone. "Uh, I was wondering, uh, can you, uh, can you... Jesus this is hard."

"What?"

"Never mind. I got this for you." He pulled out a purple bandana and an eye patch.

Sasha raised her eyebrows as he held them up.
"Since you like to, uh, wear scarves, I thought this would make it play soccer with, uh, without the extra stuff flowing around." Jeremy kicked himself for his lack of smoothness.

He NEVER stuttered. Never. So why was he suddenly tongue tied around her?

"And the eye patch? So we can play pirates?"

His cheeks reddened. "In case maybe you'd want more freedom, running around. Can you see out of the little eye?"

"Uh duh."

He started to put it away, but she reached out and grasped his arm. Electricity. There was actually a painful pop and she pulled away, rubbing her fingers, while he rubbed his arm.
But she had still felt the muscles beneath his soft skin.