Twenty Six

Confusion.
That was what he was feeling.
Insatiable hunger. Distraction. Need.

He silently quantified each feeling in a list in his head. Lists were good. They helped keep things organized, in perfect order. He loved lists. He loved order.  He hated confusion.
He wished there was a way to sort out his thoughts in a list so he could focus on the task at hand.

All through the day he had avoided her. Why wouldn't he? She was the primary source of this... madness.

He added that to his mental list.

Reflexively, he hit the volleyball that came his way. He was having his after school volleyball practice.
His head had most definitely not been in the game.

He hadn't even made a swipe at Tony at all because of this absurdity.

He added that to his list.

He had thought that when he kissed her he would be at rest. He was definitely not at rest.
How could he be tripping over his own feet because of her? She was fugly! He knew it. She knew it!

But there was something about her that just turned him so on. Was it her unending sarcasm? Quick wit?
He was so frustrated!

He needed to get his mind off things. He needed a girl. A normal girl.
That would help take his mind off things.

After practice, he swung by the cheerleading practice place.
Just the girl he was looking for : Sylvie.
She had told him if he was ever in the mood for anything again, she was available. Well, he was in the mood alright.

He knew he was being stupid but she was the closest thing to Sasha. His conscious mind repelled the thought sharply. No. Sylvie was sexy. She was beautiful. She was his type. So what if she bore a slight resemblance to Sasha?

10 minutes later, he had Sylvie in his car. She looked so excited to see him, he smiled. This was how it was supposed to be. Girls fawned over him. He did not fawn over girls.

"So, how was practice?" He asked her. His hand went to her exposed thigh and began to rub circles.

"It was great." She was breathless already. For days, she had been thinking he would never forgive her. But apparently, he was over it. Her heart was already racing in anticipation.

He swung into the parking lot of the mall suddenly.
Once the car was parked, he turned to her and let out a half smile. She nearly melted.

"I'd take you shopping but I have other plans..." He leaned over the console and their lips met.

Sylvie melted against him with total joy. She had been dreaming about sex with him again for nights. All those years, she had pined for Tony when it was Jeremy that left her reeling.

It turned out his customized Mercedes was perfect for sexual activities. It had been done before. She wasn't the first. She definitely was not going to be the last.
She had served her purpose- a distraction. At least for a few moments he was focused on the task of giving her pleasure.

So yes he was a real life Casanova. He sure as hell didn't mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sasha tied her hair back with a rubber.

She was at the mall, getting a list of things together for her next big project - Jeremy Cox's room.

Her favorite art supply shop was just round the corner.

She entered and was enveloped by the usual smell of paints and textiles. The guy at the counter nodded and smiled at her. She waved in return. If he had any idea what was underneath the scarf and glasses he would run away for sure.

She had her phone out to type down what she needed and began browsing through the large paints, searching for the right colors.

His ceiling was beige so she would need a darker blue color or she could overlay with white. She didn't feel like stressing her self to mix enough paint for the blue so she settled for overlay with white.
She started drawing up her list. It was a time consuming process. One does not play around when it comes to paints.

After getting all the necessities down with the prices, she began to look through the brushes. She needed nice stiff brushes...
When her list was finally more or less complete, she added up the price. And winced.
$16,000 was a lot of money.

She stepped out of the mall and into the parking lot. She had locked her bike at the far end because the bike racks near the mall were few and were filled.

As she walked though the cars, her eyes fell on a very familiar looking car. She could recognize his car even if it was in a sea of similar cars. Jeremy's. He was at the mall?

She instinctively felt the need to hide herself. She increased her pace and gave the car a wide berth.

Still her curiosity made her take a closer look... She pulled off her sunglasses to see better. The car was definitely not empty. The windows had steamed over but she could definitely make out shapes moving in there. Not to mention how the car rocked subtly once or twice.

Her brain put two and two together.

Oh.

Oh!

She hurried along and found her bike. She unlocked it and cycled home as fast as her legs could manage.

She felt ... hurt. It hurt to really understand that he had his own life outside of being with her. He was still Jeremy Cox even if he was her friend. Her social life existed solely around him but he had other people to talk to, to kiss, to have sex with.

She was just another girl in the crowd that happened to be repainting his ceiling. Who knows, maybe that had been his plan from the start. Get close to her, get her to paint my ceiling. Piece of cake.

She felt like a fool. She had known of course. But it still hurt. A lot.

¥•
Ahhhhh! Yeah that just happened!
😔
Anyhoo, I'd really love some votes and comments. Be my bae and don't disappoint 😄.
❤️
Ally_town