1 - First place

I am first! I can't believe it! I not only made it into Dauntless but I came first! I scan the board for my other friends and find them all above the line. Christina and Will kiss next to me. A little too sloppy for my taste. Around me is chaos. Everyone is cheering and only a few cry. I feel someone squeeze my shoulder but can't turn around because of the people around me. "You made it! Congrats!" Uriahs voice screams in my ear. I can't supress a smile. "Thanks!" I shout back before he disapears in the crowd again. I slowly make my way out of the mass of people. I lean against a wall and watch the the people cheering. This is my family now. A smile creeps onto my face. I really made it! Initiation is over and i am first!
Someone taps my shoulder and wakes me out of my thoughts. I look up and meet Tobias dark blue eyes. I beam up at him and he looks down at me with a smile on his face. "Do you think a hug would give away to much?" He asks. My smile grows before i answer, "You know... I really don't care." I stand on my tip toes and press my lips to his. Its the best moment of my life. His hand lays on my neck and his thumb strokes over the place i've been injected. My hand is tangled in his hair while he deepens the kiss.
After a while we pull away. We both still have smiles on our faces. He takes my small hand in his and i don't even bother to wipe my hands this time.
Tobias leads me out of the cafeteria. At first there are a lot of people. Some i recognise. Some i don't. The people i recognise look at Tobias and mine intervined hands and raise their eyebrows at eachother. I try to ignore their stares. Tobias doesn't seem to have a problem with those. He just walks with long strides towards his apartment.

"Do you want something to drink?" Tobias asks me after i plopped down on his couch. I shrug. "A water maybe. But i'm not really thirsty." He nods and gets me a glass of water and himself a glass with orange juice. He sits down next to me and i grin at him. "The mighty scary four drinks orange juice?" He rolls his eyes and i grin wider. He glances over at me and then turns a bit more towards me. "Which job do you want to choose?" He asks me after a few seconds of silence. I look at him and bite the inside of my cheek. "I don't really know actually. Maybe faction ambassador." I shrug. Tobias chuckles a bit. "Tris I think you should think about it. Its a pretty huge desicion after all..." I look at him and tilt my head. "I guess it is. But i actually can't really imagine anything else than faction ambassador. To be honest." He nods. "Yeah controll room was a pretty obvious choice for me as well."

For the rest of the day we just lay on his bed and talk. We steal quick kisses from time to time but other than that we just talk.
A few hours later we are on the way to the cafeteria again. Tobias hand rests in mine again. He makes me feel safe ever since he saved me. I didn't even notice i lightly squeezed his hand before he squeezes back. I smile a bit again.
Shortly before we reach the cafeteria someone screeches my name. "Triiiis!!" Christina runs towards us. Will still stands at the corner. Chris tackles me with a hug and nearly makes me fall. "Woah Chris!" I say and try to wriggle out of her iron grip. "I was so worried! What happend to you? You were just gone! You were no where to be found!" I cringe. Shit! I forgot to tell Chris where i went. And i also never told her about tobias and me. "Sorry i went with T-Four." I say. Chris slowly releases me and raises her eyebrows. "You went with Four... And where exactly did you two went?" She asks and shoots a look at Tobias. He now clears his throat and steps forward. "We went to my apartment." He states and takes my hand in his again. Chris looks like she is going to faint. She gapes at out intervined hands. She looks at me. Then at Tobias and then back at me before her gaze wanders to Will. "W-wait a second!" She says and holds her hands up. She moves her finger between Tobias and me. "Are you a thing now?" I shoot a look at Tobias and since he doesn't seem to object I slowly nod. "Yeah kinda..." I add and then look at her. "W-what? H-how? W-when?" She stutters - her eyes wide open. "Can I explain everything to you later?" I ask and chew on my lip. "I swear i'll tell you everything just let me eat something or i'll starve." Will laughs a bit and then speeks for the first time. "Come on chris. Close your mouth or you'll catch flys. Tris will tell you everything later." Chris lightly punches his arm and he grins before he wraps an arm around her shoulder. Chris once more looks between four and I before she slowly nods. "Okay then." We all enter the cafeteria.
A wave of food smell and loud noises hit me as soon as we enter. Tobias and i still get stared at because of our intervined hands. Some people look at us confused. Some look at us like we are rubbish and some even look happy. And then there are the girls that look like they want to strangle me. Again Tobias seems to doesn't care about the stares at all and just guides me towards the table where Uri, Mar, Lynn, Zeke and Shauna sit. I sit down next to Lynn and Tobias sits next to me. Chris and Will sit down across from me and Lynn. Everyone of them is staring at Tobias and me. "What?" Tobias snaps. "Oh nothing." Zeke says sarcasticly. "Not like you just walked hand in hand with a girl and not like this girl was your initiate and not like she is our friend..." Tobias rolls his eyes but i squeeze his hand and start explaining. "Well it kinda happend during the second stage. We got to know eachother more and better and somehow it just happend. I can't really explain it." Everyone is still staring at us. "Stop staring!" I say. Everyone chuckles and i smile a bit as well. "Well I hope i get all the details later!" Chris says and half-fake glares at me. I put my hands up in mock surrendor. "You'll get to know every little detail." Tobias next to me tenses a bit and i quickly whisper in his ear, "Of course some things are going to stay a secret. Tobias." I say his name so quietly that i think even he barely heard it. He gives me a smile and i smile back. "Woah hold on!" Uri suddenly says. He looks at us in shock. "What is it now Uriah?" Tobias asks and leans back a bit. "Did four just smile? I mean like really smile? Like a normal person?" Everyone starts laughing including me. "Yes i did." Tobias says. "Yes he did." I confirm and everyone starts laughing more. "Okay Tris you seem to be a really good influence." Shauna says and grins at me. "I for my part ship those two." Mar says and takes a bite of her bread. I frown and laugh a bit. "You do what?" "I ship you two. I think you are a really cute cupple and the most important thing i think you are good for each other." I see Lynn rolling her eyes but even she can't hold back that the corners of her mouth twitch. "Well thanks. I'll take that as a compliment." I say and laugh. Mar nods and gives me a thumbs up.
"So everyone. The pedrads are throwing a party in their apartments and of course you all are invited." Uri says and grins at all of us. "Cool. When does it start?" Chris asks. This time zeke answers. "Just come to my apartment at about 9 pm. Then everything should be ready." We all nod. "Oh will we play C or D?" Shauna asks excited and looks at uri and zeke. Uriah grins very wide. "Sure we will. Do you think we're pansycakes?" Everyone laughs a bit while Chris and Will just seem confused. "We're what?" Everyone just laughs more and Mar gives them a quick explanation.
After dinner, that was pretty normal except for a few people who came to our table to congratulate us, i walk with Chris towards the dormatory. I hoped i never have to sleep here again but Tobias didn't ask me to come with him so i guess it was my only option.
Chris talked me into wearing the dress we bought during initiaton and after a bit of discussion i even let her apply some make up.
Half an hour later we both are ready to go. Bit since its only 8 pm we sit down on two bunks facing eachother and start talking. I explain everything about Tobias. Where we had our first kiss. When it happend. And so on.

After a while Will comes running into the dormatory. "Hey girls. Did you forget the time?" "Why?" Chris and i ask at the same time. We grin at eachother before Will answers. "Well its already 8.50 so we vetter hurry." Chris rolls her eyes but stands up. "Will its only a party invitation. We don't have to be punctual." Will shrugs and they intervine their hands. They start walking and i trail a bit behind. When its only the three of us i mostly feel like a thrid wheel bit thats okay. A hand on my shoulder wakes me out of my thoughts. Out of instinct i grab the hand and pull the someone forwards so i can see who it is. When i see it i stop and release his arm while i blush. "Oh euh hey Four." He laughs a bit. "Hey Tris. What was that about?" He makes a movement as if i pulled him again. "Well, you better don't scare me like that again." He just laughs again and takes my hand in his. He pulls me towards him and presses his lips to my forehead while i sling my arms around his torso. "Where did you go after dinner?" I ask - my voice muffled through his shirt. I feel him shrug. "Eric told me to come with him. I didnt want you to worry." He presses his lips into my hair now and i wrap my arms around him tighter. He sighs a bit and then slowly pulls back. He holds out his hand for me. "Come on. The others will already wait for us." I nod and together we walk towards Zekes apartment.
I can hear the music when we are still about three hallways away. "Wow okay. Its that kind of party." I mumble more to myself. "Do you want to go?" Tobias asks and stops in the hallway. I chew my lip and then shrug. I am dauntless now and so i will go to a dauntless party. "Yeah lets do it. Some time has to be the first time." Tobias stops again. "Wait you haven't been to a party before." I blush a bit. "No. During initiation there was no and can you imagine the abnegation throwing big partys with loud music?" He laughs and shakes his head. "I guess not. Okay then. Lets go to your first party." We start walking again but after a few steps tobias stops again. "Oh wait. One more thing." He stops and slips out of his jacket. He is still wearing a hoodie underneath it. He holds the jacket out for me. I smile. "Oh thank you. I am not cold though." Tobias laughs a bit. "Yes. No its for Candor or dauntless." I frown. "For what?" He lays the way to big jacket around my shoulder. "Candor or Dauntless. C or D. You know. What shauna mentioned earlier." I shake my head. "I don't know it." He slowly nods and scratches his neck. "Yeah could have thought of that. Well so the game is simple. Someone asks you Candor or dauntless and you answer one of the two. If you say Candor they will ask you a question and you have to answer it thruthfully. If you say Dauntless they will give you a dare and you have to do it." I nod but point to the jacket. "Seems simple. But why the jacket?" He nods and explains it. "We are playing it with the rule that if you don't want to do a dare or answer a question you have to take off an article of clothing. And you know although that dress looks great its not the best thing for this game." "So i am supposed to strip infront of everyone else?" I feel like i am about to faint. That is horrible. This dress already feels revealing. How am i supposed to undress infront of all of my friends? Tobias hand strokes my shoulder. "What is it?" I look at him and blush. "I don't really like the thought of undressing infront of everyone..." he slowly nods before he takes of his hoodie in one motion and holds it out to me. "No wait. If you give me that you wear no more layers." Now he only wears a t-shirt. "Tris, it really is fine for me. I mean i usually don't show my body to other people but i also don't often not do the dares." Hesitating i take his hoodie. "You really are sure that this is okay?" I ask again. He just laughs a bit and takes the jacket away from my shoulders so i can put on the hoodie then he lays it around my shoulders again. His scent now is all around me and i have to hold back so i won't take his hoodie and nestle my face into it. "Thank you again." I say and shortly press my lips to his. He kisses back and leans down so i dont have to stand on my tip toes. We kiss for a bit longer before we walk towards Zekes apartment.