5 - Other Leaders

"Okay today you will meet all the other leaders." Dannie explains and walks towards the entrence. I nod and quickly snatch my sketch book and follow him. Finally. Finally i get to see the other leaders. I mean i am already working in my job two weeks now. I guess its about time.

While we sit in the car and drive towards the abnegation counceil hall my thoughts drift to Shaunas new boyfriend that we all don't like. I met him two days ago and immediatly disliked him. He kept mocking me for my size. But somehow Shauna is totally absorbed by this guy. I nearly roll my eyes only at the thought of him.

Dannie next to me is quiet as well. He seems to think about something. He is older than me - 30 - and my partner. He helps me in the beginning and he is a good working partner although i think he is a little to stiff. Weird when you know that he is a dauntless born.

"Okay. You will have to introduce yourself in the beginning. After that you won't speek untill someone asks directly you. If you have any questions or ideas just whisper them in my ear. Got it?" I nod. "Sure." Dannie looks me up and down and then nods as well. "Lets do this then." He walks in first and i take a deep breath before i follow him.

We enter the big room as the last ones. I clutch my note pad nervously. Suddenly i see him. My dad. Standing there and talking to Marcus. Of course! I want to slap myself. Of course my dad would be here. He works closly with marcus of course he will be there to welcome the new goverment members. Lets see whether he will welcome me...
Also i feel pure hatred bubbling up towards marcus. Whenever i look at him i don't see his eyes i see the black holes Tobias sees. And his hands are claws. I still feel the burning at my wrist when the belt wraped around my wrist in Tobias fear landscape.

I quickly turn away and walk towards dannie, who already shakes hands with Jack Kang. I stand behind him and just smile. But i can't help but glance over to Marcus and my dad. After a while everyone sits down and Marcus stands up to start the meeting.

"Today we are here to meet the new members in our goverment. We will start with the one from Candor." Marcus announces.
There are a few claps when a young boy with light brown hair stands up and walks in the middle. He wears the typical candor clothes. Black jacket, white trousers. He bows towards Marcus and then clears his throat. "Good day. My name is Magnus Jafron. I am a candor born and finished my initiation 2 weeks and three days ago." I have to supress a sigh. Always completly honest... just completly annoying.
"I am now a leader in training and hope to change this counceil for the better."
Everyone claps a few times again and Magnus sits down again.
"Next off the one from Amity please." A girl with hip long braids walks into the middle smiling widely. She wears the typical amity clothes: a long red skirt and a puffy bright yellow blouse. "Hello everyone. My name is charlotte. I was born in abnegation but then transfered to amity. I finished initiation two years ago but had to do some other things first before i could become an ambassador."
Everyone claps again.
"Now the one from Erudite please."

My breath sticks in my throat when i see who walks in the middle now. Caleb.
He wears a dark blue suit jacket and matching blue trousers and still his weird glasses.
Jeanine looks at my father, whose blood rushed out of his face, with a satisfied expression.
Caleb clears his throat and bows a bit towards Marcus.
"Hello. My name is Caleb Prior. I was born in Abnegation and transfered to Erudite. I finished my initiation this year and will start my job as a leader in a few months when i am fully trained."
Everyone claps again and i am not able to close my mouth. In erudite it depends on the iq what job you get. I never knew that Caleb was that smart!
"Next is the one from Dauntless."
I try to shake off my shock and walk in the middle. I put my hair into a pony tail and am wearing a black T-Shirt that is pretty tight and black training trousers.
"Hello. My name is Tris Prior. I was born in Abnegation and transfered to Dauntless. I came first in my initiation class and in training to become a faction ambassador."
I quickly glance over at my dad - who looks... proud? - before i return to my seat behind Dannie.