39 - Hospital day 10

Tris
"Only two more steps." "Come on." "You can do this." Tobias, george and merdith reasure me. I slowly walk towards tobias. Completly on my own.
One more step. Here we go! He folds me into his arms and i slump against him. He smiles and picks me up. I am smiling as well. I made it! I walked from meredith who stands at the door, to george who stands at my bed, to tobias who stands at the bathroom door. Tobias spins me a bit and i giggle.
I haven't really laughed for the past few days. Ever since that one night i can't get the thought of joining the factionless out of my head. Am i willing to sacrifice everything for a life with tobias? The answer is definatly yes. But am i still scared and wishes there was a better way? Again the answer definatly is yes.
By now tobias set me down on my feet again and pecks my lips.
"You did great." I smile and peck his lips as well. "Thank you." He smiles and then helps me walk over to my bed.
George and meredith look at me like proud parents and i have to laugh at their expressions. "Well done Tris." George says and grins. "Yeah that was pretty amazing." Meredith adds and smiles. I grin back at them. "Thank you very much mummy and daddy." We all start laughing.
"When do you think can i be released?" I ask once the laughter died down a bit. Meredith tilts her head and chews on her lip. "Maybe in two-three weeks. Maybe less if you develope as good as now." I hop up and down in my bed excited. "Really? That is amazing!" They both laugh. "Are you that eager to get away from us?" George jokes. I quickly shake my head. "No! No of course not! I... i would just like to..." i stop myself because i was about to say 'walk through the dauntless hallways' but i will probably never do that again. Immediatly a pain spreads through my body but i keep the smile on my face and finish my sentence. "I would just like to go home. Have my own bed and room and everything." They both nod. "Well okay. I can understand that." Meredith says and winks at me. I smile. "We will go then. See you this evening at seven. Be punctual.." George says grinning and walks backwards pointing at me. I can see Meredith slapping the back of his head before the door closes. I laugh half heartly but the stern look on tobias face makes it die quickly.

Before i can ask what's wrong he already asked the same question. "What do you mean?" I ask back and  shift in my bed. "I can see that something is bothering you. Every now and then you just stare into space and your face gets a pained expression. And you don't really laugh anymore. Not with your eyes like you used to. So... what is wrong?" For a brief second i meet his eyes but then quickly look away and shake my head. I don't want to ask him. If i ask him and he tells me that we have to join the factionless it would become real. Not only a fear that i have, then it would become a fact.
He carefully lays two fingers under my chin and lifts it up so i meet his eyes. "Tris, tell me. Whatever it is. If you want to break up though please make it as soft as possible." He gives me a half smile and i have to smile a bit myself. "I-..." i start but stop myself. He sighs and lays next to me. He pulls me on top of him so my head is resting on his chest and his arm lays on my hip. I press my face into his chest while he slowly pets my hair. "You can tell me anything. Even if you murderd someone. I would help you burry the corpse." I laugh a bit again and then take a deep breath. "Okay... I guess i was just worried about... about what happend when we leave the hospital. I am sorry but i don't really want to join the factionless. I just can't... I can't imagine a life like that and i just have to get used to that thought. I will go to the factionless with you of course because i love you but... but i am scared. I am really scared. I don't want to leave my friends and the dauntless compound. Heck, i guess i would even miss my job! But i would do it for you. So we could be together. I just have to get used to that thought. Thats all. That is was has been bothering me."
When i look up at him unsure what to expect he has a few tears gleaming in his eyes and then he pulls me towards him. He hugs me tightly and i hug him back just as tight. "I love you too Tris. I really do." I burry my face in his neck and now also feel a few tears behind my eyes. I squeeze them shut so they won't escape.
After a while we pull away from our hug but his hand still rests on my cheek. "I got a suprise for you." My eyes dart to his. "What?" He smiles a bit. "I have a suprise for you." He makes a short break and then his eyes meet mine. And then he whispers something that changes my whole future. Something that throws everything over board that i worried about these last days. "We won't go to the factionless again. Never again. I promise." At first joy fills me. No factionless! Back to dauntless! But then i look back at tobias. "But i won't leave you. Never again!" I wrap my arms around his torso. He squeezes my shouder. "You don't have an option." I look at him scared. "What do you mean?" He sighs and strokes my cheek. "You will have to leave me." He whispers. My eyes grow wide and i sit upright in my bed - ignoring my protesting muscles. "No!" I shake my head. "No! I will never leave you! Please don't leave me! I-I..." i feel tears behind my eyes. He quickly pulls me towards him and i slump against his cheek. "No i didn't mean it like that. I promise. Only for a few days. I'm sorry i scared you. I'm sorry." He strokes my hair and kisses the top of my head. I press my face to his chest and hold him tight - my hands still shaking. "You can't say something like that. You can't." He nods and kisses my temple. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I just got an arangement with my mother." Now i look up at him and meet his fiercing blue eyes. "An arangement?" He nods and kisses the tip of my nose. "Since we faked my death we will be able to make up a story. We will probably tell a story that some of the factionless kidnapped me. That they faked my death so that the dauntless wouldn't go looking for me and that i now was able to escape. If we take that one i would have to go back there for a few weeks though. So it is a bit more realistic. What do you think?" During his speech my eyes grew wider and wider. Now he searches my eyes and i can only stare back at him. Then i throw my hands around his neck and start crying.
I just cry and laugh.
I feel so much tension going away from me at once. Relief floads my body and i burry my face in his neck and cry. He holds me towards him and strokes my back. "Why are you crying now?" He asks softly and concerned at the same time. I pull away a bit and press my lips to his. He is suprised at first but then kisses back.
"I am just so reliefed." I say once we pulled away. "I thought that i would have to join the factionless. I thought i would have to leave my friends..." He hugs me closer. We are both kneeling on my bed now. Just hugging eachother closly.
"This is so amazing. We have to tell the others!" I say - my voice muffled by his shirt. He laughs. "I already spoke to zeke and chris. Christina. They helped me. The others will visit you tomorrow anyways. Then we can tell them what to say, you know." I only nod and nuzzle my face deeper into his shirt. His hand travels up and down my back and i get goose bumps whenever he uses only his fingertips. He softly blowes me in my ear and i smile. "I love you." He whispers. I smile wider and pull away a bit. "I love you too." He smiles as well and then softly fits his lips on mine. Our lips move in synchronisation and i pull him closer to me.
He carefully lays me down and hovers on top of me while he deepens the kiss. My hand goes into his hair and his now rests on my hip - squeezing it every now and then.
We keep kissing and deepning it every now and then.
My hand just traveled under his shirt when it knocks. The door is already open before we could even think of moving away from eachother. Tobias still hovers over me and we now look at a pretty shocked looking Torry, Meredith and George.
Tobias slowly moves away and i sit up. There is a long silence and then suddenly torry starts laughing. She just stars laughing like crazy. I join in and in the end all five of us laugh like crazy.
I wipe my eyes to get away a few tears of laughter. "Are we interupting something?" Meredith now says and still grins. "Hey!" I complain also still grinning. "Yes." Tobias now only says. I lightly punch his arm and he laughs. "Hey, its only the truth!" He says and laughs a bit more. I punch his arm again but can't hold back a small grin myself.
"Well... actually we came to make some more physio therapy with you... but it looked like you already did some sport..." Torry now says. I glare at her. "You all are just jealous because i have such an amazing boyfriend." I joke and stick out my tounge at them. "Oh yeah i am extremly jealous..." George now says drily. We all start laughing and he grins as well. "Well lets start then. I know we said we would only come back at seven but torry wanted to see your progress..." Meredith explains. I just nod and sit up in my bed. Tobias immediatly wants to help me but i refuse. I will- and can - get up on my own.
My feet hit the linoleum floor and now i allow tobias to help me a bit. George places himself next to the bathroom door. I take a deep breath and then tobias lets go of my elbow and i stand on my own. Torry and Meredith smile at me encouraging and i step my first step. My legs are shaky but it works. Its only three more steps over to george. Another step. I feel tobias presence behind me. He watches me. Ready to catch me. Another step. One more to go. I make my final step and slump against george who holds me upright. I hold his shoulder for support while one of his arms is wraped around my waist. Torry and meredith cheer while tobias strides over to me and george and wants to pull me out of his arms. "Everything fine john. I got her." George says and grins. Meredith chuckles. "I think thats his problem." George looks dumpfounded and then it clicks. He releases me and in the same senod i already feel tobias arm around my hip. "Sorry man. I didn't mean to... i didn't want to... it wasn't..." george now stutters. Tobias flashes him a small smile. Wow... a speechless erudite. Got to be a first time. "Its fine. I just don't like seeing her in the arms of another..." for a few miliseconds he gets a pained expression and i know that he thinks of Jonas but then its gone and he smiles again. The other musn't have noticed because george just walked back to meredith and torry.
"That was really good tris." Torry says smiling. "Thank you." I answer smiling. Torry nods and look at the folder in her arms. "You are makikg good progress." I smile and she does too.
"Meredith told me that you seemed to be happy to go home soon." She now adds and meredith and george exchange excited glances. I beam at tobias before i turn back to torry. "Yeah i am. I would love going home." Torry slowly nods and fake casually gets out an envelope out of the folder. Tobias helps me over to my bed and i sit down before she hands it to me. I frown and look at tobias unsure. He just shrugs and looks just as confused as i feel. I slowly peel the envelope open and get out a sheet of paper.

Patient name: Beatrice Prior, Tris
Faction: Dauntless
Facts:
-Two gun shots in the side
-Major aterie was hit
-Emergency operation
-Coma for five months
-Woke up on the 25th of May
Current status:
-In physio therapy
-Ready to be released with regular examinations and help person at home

Orderd and aproved by Dr Torris

My brain needs a few seconds and i have to read the last sentence twice before i understand the meaning. With my eyes wide as saucers i look at torry, meredith and george who all have to supress a smile. "I-I..." Meredith bites her lip to hide a smile and nods. "You can go." I clap a hand over my gaping mouth. "Oh my god!" I feel tears rushing into my eyes. "I-i..." in the next second tobias has me wraped in his arms. "We can go!" I hug him closer. "We can go! We can go home!" I repeat and he laughs out of joy. We pull away a bit and he gently wipes away a tear from my cheek.
I turn back to the three doctors. "Thank you. Thank you so much." Meredith comes over and we hug. "I am so happy for you." She says. I smile once we pulled away from our hug. This still feels sureal. I can go home... home... back to the dauntless compound... back to work... back to normal life... It will be awesome!
I am really going home.