40 - Home alone

Tris
"Are you ready?" Tobias asks and smiles at me. I return with a wide grin. "As ready as i'll ever be." He grins at me and shortly presses his lips to mine. Meredith, George, dr jamson and torry came to say goodbye and are watching us now. We already stand infront of the hospital and a car is waiting for us. I hug goodbye meredith and george and shake dr jamsons and torrys hand. "You all were really friendly and you made my stay here a lot better." I say. Tobias lays a hand on my shoulder. "We will see us in three days." Torry says and smiles. "In two if you notice any pain." She adds. I salute. "Of course!" They all laugh. Then tobias also shakes all of their hands. "Thank you for taking so good care of her. I will never forget that." They all nod and smile back at him.

Once tobias sat me in the car and got in himself the driver starts driving.
Tobias has his arm wraped around my shoulder. "Wow, i can't believe i am able to go home. We are able to go home. This still feels unreal." He smiles and kisses my temple. "I know. Finally you can sleep in your own bed again." "Our bed." I whisper so the driver won't hear it. Tobias looks at me kind of worried. "What?" I ask but he waves it off. I elbow him in the ribs. "Tell me!" He smiles at me but it looks fake. "Later." He just says and squeezes my shoulder. I cross my arms, move his arm from my shoulders and scoot away a bit from him. "Tris..." i glare at him and he shuts up.
For the next few minutes of the drive it is silent. Great... this was supposed to be a happy thing but i am to stupborn to wait for a few minutes and ruin everything.
When i glance sideways at tobias i meet his eyes. He was looking at me as well. I sigh fake defeated and scoot closer to him again. He smiles a bit and pulls me towards him even more. "I love you." He whispers. I smile back at him. "I love you too."

"Okay. Here we go. That was everything." The driver says. Then without even letting us thank him he turns around and drives away again. I shrug and instead turn towards the entrence of the dauntless compound.

Tobias stands behind me - his hands on the handles of my wheelchair - when suddenly the door opens and seven laughing people squeeze through it. "TRIIIIIIIIIS!!" Chris squeels and runs towards me. I just stood up when i already lay in her arms. "It is so good that you are back. I missed you so much!" Chris says and squeezes me even tighter. I laugh and hug her back. "I missed you too." She pulls away smiling. Then i am in the arms of uri. He twirls me around and i laugh loudly. "Hey uricorn." I say and ruffle his hair. He laughs as well and puts me on my feet again. "Good to have you back you little pansycake." We both laugh. My reunion with the others is just as cheerfull and i feel as happy as never before.
"Should we go inside now?" Mar asks and jumps up and down grinning. I smile. "Yeah. I missed those damn hallways." Everyone bursts out laughing. "Doesn't seem like the erudite people at your hospital made your language any better." Will jokes and winks at me. I roll my eyes but laugh. "Lets go!" Zeke says and lays an arm around my shoulder. "Yup." I look at tobias and expect to see him smiling but he looks sad and stands a few meters away from all of us. I frown and shakily walk over to him.
He quickly pulls me into his arms. I look up into his troubled looking blue eyes. "What is it?" He shakes his head and averts my eyes. "I can't go inside with you guys. Not yet." My eyes grow wide. "But... but..." I feel tears welling up in my eyes. He can't leave me now. 

He takes my face between his hands and rests his forehead against mine. "I am sorry Tris. I hate this as much as you do. You can believe me that." I shake my head. "That isn't fair. We were supposed to finally get home and be happy." He wipes away a tear that slipped out of my eye. "Only a few more weeks. Two or three. I promise. Then we will be together." I sigh and a pain already builds up inside of me. Two or three weeks... WIthout him. Only thinking this feels wrong. I don't want to be separated anymore. Its enough. We were separated long enough. I won't let him go again.

"I'm coming with you." His eyebrows nearly vanish inside of his hair so high he raises them. "No, you are not." He says firmly. I cross my arms. "Yes I am! You can't decide whats best for me!" He sighs and pecks my cheek. "Apparently i am better in it than you." He makes a break and searches my eyes. Then he starts speaking more quietly and softer. "Tris, you know that this is a bad idea. We both know that. We just both don't want to accept it. But we can make this. We made it until here and we will make it further. Those two damn weeks won't destroy this now. If you feel lonely you maybe want to look out of the living room window." He grins at me and i am left confused. But even after i asked he just grins. 

"Well I have to go now. 
I told Chris everything she needs to know and otherwise you just inform her." I slowly nod and look at him with sad eyes. "I will miss you." He smiles a pained smile. "I already miss you." I want to say the same but then his lips are already on mine. I pull him closer to me. The last kiss we will share with in the next few weeks. Gosh, I will miss him like hell. I already know that. 

We pull away but keep our foreheads together. I peck his lips again and take another look into his thrilling blue eyes. "I love you. I'll see you soon." Again I peck his lips and everything inside me screams at me to not let him go now. That we belong together and that he would be safer if he was with me. But I push away those thoughts and even manage a small smile. "I love you too."

I watch as he disappears behind the next building. And i even still stare at the same spot when he is already gone for a few minutes. 

He will come back. I know that we will see each other again. Soon.

That is the only thought that keeps me from running after him as Chris pushes me inside.