34 - Physio Therapy

Tris
On our way to the physio center george pushes my wheelchair. Tobias wasn't allowed to come with us. I don't know whether i should be glad. On the one hand then he doesn't see how weak i really am but on the other hand his presence would be encouraging. But since there are no spectators allowed in the physio center there was no room for discussion. Also now Tobias can go to dauntless and get us a few proper clothes and get some of his things. He insisted on staying with me untill i am released out of the hospital. I tryed to talk him out of it but he is so damn stupborn.
Meredith opens a door for us and george pushes me through. I look at them. "Can i ask something?" I ask and smile at them. They both shrug. "Sure." Meredith answers. "Why do you both look after me? I mean not like i wouldn't appreciate it but..." Meredith and george both smile at me. "Well you are not just any patient after all. You are the dauntless ambassador. And also we both participated on your operation and you are the patient of both of us." Oh yeah... i am one of the 'higher ones' now. "Ah okay." George smiles at me kindly. "Any more questions?" I smile at him and shake my head. "Nope."

"Hello ms prior." The female doctor says. "Please call me tris." I quickly say. She smiles. "Okay. Tris. My name is kelly. I will do your physio therapy for the next week." I smile and shake her hand. "Nice to meet you." She smiles as well. "Okay i actually just need one of you. Meredith you can stay." George rolls his eyes and i get the feeling that this is also something personal. "Bye Mer. See you later Tris." George says and then walks out. Kelly visiable relaxes and then turns back to me. "Okay then. Lets start with a little test what your limit of encumbrances is." I nod. I am eager to start this. Meredith rolls me towards a weird device. It has two bars and in the middle is a small path. "Okay you can grab the bars and then you will try to walk a few steps." Kelly explains. I nod and put my hands on the bars. Meredith and kelly both put their hands under my arms and help me stand up. I clench my hands around the bars and try to find my balance. Then i slowly lift my right foot and put it forward a bit. Then i lift my other foot and move a bit more. My arms already start shaking but i just keep going. One foot up and down again. Other foot up and down again.

For the next hour i just train walking. I nearly fall down a few times but either kelly or meredith are there to catch me. Just once i fell and hit my elbow at the bar. I now have a small bruise but who cares.
After one and a half hours i am covered in sweat and my face is hot. My legs and arms are shaking and i feel like i ran a marathon but i nearly managed the whole distance without stopping.
When i reach the end again meredith gets the wheelchair. "Okay tris." Kelly says and smiles at me. "That was it for today. You did really good." I slowly sit down with the help of meredith and kelly and lean back with a huge smile on my face. Only now that i know how hard walking can be i really appreciate it.
Kelly walks over to a shelf and gets out four small balls. She hands them to me. "Okay these are filled with plead. Before you go to bed today and tomorrow morning you have to lift those at least twenty times but don't do more than thirty. Okay? With those we will train your arm muscles but we shouldn't wear them out. Got it?" I nod. "Yup. I might be dauntless but i still can count to twenty." Kelly and meredith both laugh. "Okay then. We will see us tomorrow." I nod and kelly leaves us.
Meredith pushes me back to my room. On the way we get ro know eachother a bit. She is 21 years old and in the second year of her training.
I really like her and i got the feeling that she kind of likes me as well. "I am excited to see four again." I admit when we are only one lift away from my room. She laughs. "Oh you two seem to be inseperable. You must really love him." I laugh a bit as well. "Yeah i really do." She smiles. "That is good. I wish you two luck." I smile back at her. "Thanks."
The rest of the way we just talk about random stuff.
When we finally arrive and meredith opened the door i already see tobias lying on the bed. My heart jumps. Meredith pushes me inside and then leaves. I roll over to the bed and poke tobias side. "Hey sleepy head. Wake up." He opens his eyes and smiles at me. He quickly sits up. "And? How was it?" I smile. "Really good. I managed to walk the whole distance without stopping. Still with the help of bars but i already feel stronger." He smiles widely and kisses me. "That is amazing." I nod and kiss him again. After a while i pull away. "I think i need another shower." He laughs. "Well okay. I am here to help." I laugh as well. "Okay then. Were you able to get a few things from the dauntless compound?" I ask and have to stiffle a yawn. The training was exhausting. He smiles and strokes my hair. "Yes i actually was. I took some of your clothing. I also met Uri and told him to tell the others that they can visit you tomorrow. I thought that today you might want to rest." I nod. "Yeah i think so. Thank you." He smiles at me and pecks my lips. "Okay and now lets shower." He sounds like a horny teenage boy and i roll my eyes. He laughs and i playfully punch his arm. "Idiot!" He laughs harder and i join in.
In the shower i am able to stand a bit longer on my own without tobias holding me. This time he took of everything apart from his boxers.
He has his arm wraped around my waist and now holds most of my weight while i have my arm around his neck. He smiles down at me and i smile up at him. He slowly kisses me and i kiss him back. He pulls away a bit. "You can't imagine how much i missed you." He whispers. I kiss him again and wrap my other hand aroubd his waist. "Yes i can." I answer also whispering.

When we both are clean he lifts me out of the shower again and sits me on the toilet. "Euh could you just leave me alone?" I ask and blush a bit. He slowly nods. "Sure. I will just get your clothing." "Thanks." He gets out and i quickly lock the door. I sit on the toilet again and use it then i wash my hands and unlock the door again. Tobias steps in with one of my short black pyjama trousers and a wide black t-shirt that i recognise as one of his own - one of those he left behind. He helps me put on the clothes and the pants and then picks me up again. I open the bathroom door and gasp when i see who stands behind it.

"Mum? Dad? Caleb?" I ask shocked. My father looks at Tobias and me shocked. "Why was he in the bathroom with you?" Caleb now asks who looks just as shocked. Mum answers before anyone else can say anything. "What he meant was: it is amazing that you are awake and i am so happy right now." I smile at my mother and tobias sits me down on the bed. In the next second i am in the arms of my mother. "Oh beatrice." She whispers and i press her towards me. I missed her. So much. "Hey mum." I say - my voice heavy from the tears i supress.
After a few minutes she pulls away and strokes my hair. "I was so scared about you Beatrice." "I am sorry." I say. She shakes her head. "It's not your fault." Then Caleb hugs me a bit awkward and even my dad folds me into his arms.
Tobias helps me lay down on the bed and with a remote he moves the head of the bed a bit upwards so i am nearly sitting in my bed.
I start talking with my family and after a while my dad goes back to talking about why a boy was in the bathroom with me. "So? And why is your hair wet? Did you shower together?" My dads eyes look like they might pop out any second. I clear my throat and try to fight the blood that wans to rush in my cheeks. "Four over here," i take tobias hand in mine. "Is my boyfriend. And yes he helped me shower because i am to weak to stand on my own but i wore a tshirt and so did he." Well half of it is true... Mum bites her lip to hide a smile while Caleb narrows his eyes at Tobias. "How old are you anyways, Four?" Tobias next to me straightens. "Eighteen." Caleb raises his eyebrows. "Aren't you a bit to old to be with my little sister?" Tobias rolls his eyes. "She isn't your little anything!" He snaps back. "Boys!" I stop them. "Stop that. Caleb he is my boyfriend and i love him and Tobias stop picking on my brother." Tobias crosses his arms and lifts his chin. "He started." My mum laughs a bit. "Okay okay." She smiles at tobias and me kindly. "Maybe you two can visit us in abnegation some time. I would be happy to get to know you, four." Tobias smiles at her. "It would be an honor for me ms prior." "Please call me nathalie." Mum says and i beam at her. My dad on the other hand stayed silent the whole time.
"Okay come on Nathalie. We shouldn't interupt these two any longer." Dad now says and stands up. My eyes grow wide. "No, wait. You are not interupting. You can stay." My mum smiles at me and strokes my hair. "I will come back and visit you. I promise." I slowly nod and she kisses the top of my head before she, my dad and caleb leave.
After they are gone i still stare at the door for a few seconds, thinking of my family.
Tobias snaps me back to reality by softly kissing my cheek. I blink a few times and then smile at him. "Are you okay?" He asks and kisses my cheek again. I smile weakly. "Yeah i guess. I just missed them all so much and it seems like my dad and caleb hate me..." he shakes his head and softly pecks my lips. "They don't hate you. I think they are just overhelmed with how grown up you are by now. And even if they hate you it doesn't matter. I'll be your family now." I smile at him with tears in my eyes and then pull him down to me. Our lips crash together and i tangle my hand in his short hair. His hands rest on my hips and softly sqeeze it. I sigh against his lips and he deepens the kiss. "Thank you." I whisper between kisses. "For what?" He asks. "Everything." I answer and softly bite his lip. He groans and kisses me again. "I love you." "I love you too."