31 - Are you ready to find out the truth?

When i open my eyes the sun shines on my face and i squint and shield my eyes with my hand.
I slowly sit up and look around. I am still in the hospital. I yawn. I guess i fell asleep on the couch.
I spot Uri sleeping on a chair. I look at my watch. Oh god its only 6 am. I yawn again and then suddenly realise something. Where is tris? They took her to this CT yesterday evening! She should be back by now.
I jump up look around franticly and  then quickly walk towards the door. I slide it open and step into the clean hallway. No one is in it.
I clench my fists and jog towards the nurses office.
A male nurse i don't know opens the door after i knocked. He looks at me suprised. "What happend to Tris Prior?" I ask. His expression turns into confused and he turns around. "Who has Tris prior?" He asks, with a suprisingly high voice for a man, in the room. I see a nurse standing up and walking towards me. I recognise her as sarah. She smiles a bit at me and leads me away from the room and towards a group of chairs.
She sits down and motions for me to sit down opposite from her. I do. "Can you tell me what happend to tris now?" I ask and am so tensed that i think i might just snap in two. She nods and smiles kindly. "Of course. As you probably know tris was taken to a ct yesterday evening. Well in this ct they found out that she has major inner bleedings. So the doctors transfered her straight into the o.r.
They should be done in a few hours.

I slump over in the chair. Another operation. New scars. More time for healing. I am close to tears when i look at sarah again. She smiles a sad smile and lays a hand on my knee. "I know that all of this is hard but she will make it. She is a strong girl. I noticed that long ago. She can oush through this. Just as you can." I manage a small smile and she nods and then leaves me alone. I let out a breath and straighten my shoulder. She - I - We will push through this. I know we will.

I knock on zekes apartment door about an hour later. I had to take that way into the compound because he probably isn't awake by now. I knock again - louder this time and pull my hood deeper over my face.
The door opens after i knocked a third time. "Four?" Shauna asks suprised and i quickly push past her. She closes the door and i take of my hood. She wears only a pyjama that consists of a baggy shirt and pyjama shorts. "Sorry that i come here so early. I-I just had to get out of there... Tris had to be operated again and I-I just couldn't take all of that anymore." I look away and shake my head. "Can i just - can i just work on the computer?" Shauna looks at me with a strange expression that looks a bit like pitty and nods. "Of course you can. Just try to keep it down. Zeke didn't get much sleep in the last weeks." I try a smile but it comes out as a grimace. "Of course."

At about 1 pm the bed room door opens and zeke steps out. He yawns and looks at me confused. He wears no shirt and only his boxer shorts. "Morning." "Morning." He mumbles back. I turn towards the monitor again. I am just conecting the conouter and the monitor for the first time. Zeke walks over to me and looks at my work. "Wow four. Is there anything you can't do?" I actually manage a real grin and shrug. "I guess not."
He laughs and pats my shoulder before he shortly kisses shaun and then disapers into the kitchen.

A few minutes he comes back with a steaming cup and a bread in his hand. "So.." zeke starts and sips his drink. "How far along are you with this baby?" He nods towards the computer. I roll my eyes at the word game and shrug. "I guess i am nearly done." I scratch my eyebrow with the screwdriver. "I still have to conect the processor with the main electrical supply and then we will see whether all of this was worth something." Zeke nods and flops down next to shauna.
After a few minutes i can hear a small wail from the bedroom. Zeke wants to stand up but shauna holds him down and stands up herself to get lya.
I turn towards the computer again and try to finish it as fast as possible.

"Zeke!" I say excited. He steps next to me and looks down at me work. "Wait is it..." "finished!" I finish his sentence. He grins and slaps my back. "Well took you long enough." He takes one of the sandwiches and we return to the computer. I bite into my cheese and ham sandwich and look at the computer. "Oh and zeke i need your log-in datas." Zeke turns around and his eyes grow wide. "What?" My grin grows and i bite a huge bite of my sandwich. "Yup. Its done." He walks over to me. "Dude! That is amazing!" He exclaims and starts grinning.
We just stare at eachother for a few seconds.
"Well are you ready to find out the truth?" He asks - breaking the short silence. My grin slowly fades and determination replaces it. I nod. "Yes. Yes i am."