68 - Action

Tobias
The whole next day my thoughts are only with Tris and what she is going through. I pace up and down my apartment until finally my shift at the controlroom starts. I come five minutes to early but luckily Gus is to busy with other things to notice.
I sit down behind my computer and pretend like I am just doing the regular stuff. Checking on the cameras in and around the dauntless compound that were assigned for me today.
Zeke comes five minutes late as ever but Gus still doesn't care. Zeke flops down beside me and nudges my shoulder. His trademark grin looks kind of set up today. "What's up man?" He asks.
I shrug. "Not much. Just general work stuff, you know. How is Shauna?" We made up a few codewords so we could communicate things without other people noticing. He nods. Okay that means that Lynn and her already started with their tasks. "She is really good. Today she had to leave early though." I raise my eyebrows at him. "Oh okay." Then we both just turn back to our work. 'She left early' means that she is already nearly done with her task. That is awesome.

"Okay everyone. Lunch break!" Gus announces. "Zeke and I will take the shift for the lunch break today. We have to leave early today." I say and turn back to my computer. Zeke only nods. Gus shrugs. "Okay then. Everyone else: out. Now."
The others slowly trail out of the room. We wait five more torturing minutes before we start, just to make sure that no one comes back because he forgot something.
"Okay then." Zeke says and let's his fingers fly over the keypad. "Okay then." I repeat and do the same. We have thirty minutes now.

Tris
Nausea racks my body for three hours now. I guess it's three hours. It's the only thing that gives me some idea of the current time. My cell has no window anywhere and the small lightbulb doesn't really do anything but hurting my eyes. At least I have my morning sickness... I never thought I would ever say that...
I lean forward on my mattress to release some of the pressure on my stomach. I hope I get to go to the toilet soon...
Just like I've called them a key suddenly turns in my lock. I look up and wait for the men to enter.
They do. Two of them. One carries a tray with food, the other one a pair of handcuffs.
I raise my eyebrows. "Really? Two of you but you still want to handcuff me?" The men don't answer. The first one places the tray on the small table while the other one hurls me to my feet. "Bathroom time." "I figured." The younger one snorts and covers his laugh with a fake cough. The older one glares at me. "Come on now."
He pushes me outside and I stumble forward. The younger one quickly takes my arm to steady me. I shoot him a thankful look. He doesn't return it.
Five minutes later I am back in my cell and start eating my now cold breakfast. A bread with some cheese and a corn muffin. The ones no one ever eats. So I guess my suggestion that I get the rests were right.
After I ate I can't do anything but start thinking about Tobias again.
He surely would have contacted me by now... maybe he isn't planing anything and I'll just rot in this cell...
No, no, no. It wasn't even a full day now. He needs more time. I will give him more time.
I rest my head against the cold wall and sigh. I won't give up hope.
I jump to my feet and start doing some jumping jacks and touch my toes. I need to stay fit. I also stretch my knees and do some push ups. But not to much... as the doctor said.

Tobias
"I think I found something here." I mumble and click onto the small window. Zeke turns his chair to me and looks over my shoulder. "What did you find?" "The codes. Wait a second. There is a small defend program but that is easy to avoid..." I open another window and type in the code that I need. Zeke only watches my fingers fly over the keyboard. He probably understand only half of the commands I enter. "What are you doing? You have to hurry up. The others will be back in about ten minutes." I only nod.
Finally the barrier is gone. I let out a small victory yell and then turn to Zeke. "Here my friend we now have every entry about the shifts of the guards, the codes and the location of every cell." He highfives me and I grin. "Okay wait... I just have to..." I can't finish my sentence because the door opens and Gus steps in.
He doesn't look our way at first. He just walks over to his monitor and flops down on his chair.
Zeke gives my shoulder a squeeze and then walks over to him. "Hey Gus... You know I meant to ask you something but I kept on forgetting." Zeke placed himself on the left side of him, so Gus has to turn his back towards me. In my ears I can hear the blood flow. I can't even hear what Zeke is saying.
I slam the USB-stick into the computer and start transferring all the files. Lucky for me that the dauntless safety systems are so simple. And the harder ones I wrote. Even Gus barely knows anything about computers.
The loading bar seems to creep along the monitor while all the datas get transferred to the stick. Nervously I look over to Gus but Zeke seems to have engaged him into a deep conversation.
The loading bar still crawls over the monitor when the door opens again. Will and Lucy enter deep in a conversation. Both of them only nod at me and their eyes go over my monitor carelessly.
The bar is full and I immediately eject the stick and let it slide into my pocket. I barely feel the stick against my leg but it still feels like a heavy but wonderful weight. It contains all the information I need to save Tris.