10 - This is Four. My euh... my boyfriend

"Hey tris. Good that you are here." Dannie greats me and heaves about five files in my arms. I quickly secure them so they don't fall. "Hey Dannie. Whats up today?" He waves it away. "Not much. Not much. Just some paperwork. No complaining. I know you don't like that but its necessary. And the good thing: tomorrow we will visit the amity compound. Johanna wanted to show us sonething." I groan and glare at the files in my arms. Stupid paperwork. But the amity compound surely is something good.
I fall into my chair and spread the files on my desk. I sigh and look at the mass of papers. By now Dannie lets me work pretty much alone. He sometimes comes in to check whether i have questions but i can manage most of it alone.
When i'm trough my third file i notice something weird. A few out of plan Amity transports with some strange plants. I take the paper out of the file and check it with other transport lists. In the computer i find a simular transport exactly two months ago and another one exactly four months ago. I note this one in the chart as well and then close the file.
In my lunch break i eat together with Dannie and Jonas. Jonas is a bit older than me - 18 - and is the secretary of Dannie. I like him. "Oh Dannie what i meant to ask, i saw this file with some weird out of plan food transport. Well it wasn't really out of plan it is a transport that is every second month. Do you know about it?" I take a large bite from my burger. "Oh yeah. That one. It brought special plants right?" I nod. "Yeah it is for the cooks here. The amity like to experiment with plants and so they bread new plants and every two months they bring them here because the dauntless cooks are the best. So don't wonder if your food tastes weird in the next weeks." Jonas and i start laughing. "Well the dauntless cooks really are good so i hope it won't. I wouldn't survive weird tasting food." Jonas says and takes an enormous bite of of his burger. I laugh even more. "Ok kids. Break is over. We have to go back to work." Jonas and i sigh at the same time and then start laughing. We throw away our trash and then walk towards the office again. Half way there Jonas asks me aside for a second and since Dannie just started a conversation with Max it doesn't matter. Jonas looks at me nervous. "Euh i just wanted to ask you something." I smile at him. "Fire away." He smiles back a bit. "I euh I just wonderd wheather you are free on sunday. Maybe we could go zip lining together." My breathing stops for a second. Is this meant to be a date? "You mean like a date?" I ask and frown. I hope he doesnt say yes. I really like him and don't want him to be sad or disappointed. "Yeah kind of." I bite my lip. "I am really sorry but i have a... ahhh!" Before i can finish my sentence i get lifted in the air. "Hey Tris." Tobias voice whispers in my ear. He sets me down on my feet again. "Four!" I scold him but smile a bit. He just wants to lean in for a kiss when i remember jonas. "Ehm jonas this is four. My euh - my boyfriend." Immediatly Jonas blushes furiously. "I- euh- ehm- I..." and then he turns around and walks away. "Hey i'm four nice to meet you too." Tobias says mockingly. I punch his chest. "Don't be so mean." "Ouch!" He complains and rubs the place i hit. "Don't punch me so hard. Who was that?" "That was Jonas. The secretary of Dannie. I told you about him remember?" He slowly shakes his head. "No not really. Well whatever. What is wrong with him? Is he really shy or something?" I shake my head no. "No normally not but he just kinda..." Tobias raises his eyebrows at me. "He kinda just asked me out on a date..." "What?" Tobias snaps. "I'll break that kids neck!" "No!" I quickly say. "I said no and he won't try again. Trust me. And if he does i'll tell you." Tobias slowly nods but still doesn't seem to be calmed. I quickly press my lips on his. "I love you. Just you." He smiles a bit and his blue eyes find mine. "I love you too." I smile and peck his lips again. "Okay i have to go now. Work. See you this evening at yours?" I ask - walking backwards. He nods. "I'll be there." I smile and then turn around the corner.
At the pire Jonas already sits behind his desk. When i enter he looks up and blushes. "Eh tris can i just say that i am sorry. I didn't knew you had a boyfriend. Can we just forget the whole thing?" I smile and shortly lie my hand on his shoulder. "Of course." He smiles reliefed. "Thanks." I smile back and then walk towards my office.

In the evening i knock on Tobias apartment door excited. I am eager to see him and tell him about my visit at the amity compound tomorrow. But even after i knocked about a hundred times and waited 15 minutes no one opens. I slowly try whether the door is open but its locked. I sigh and walk to my apartment kind of mad.
He said he would meet me at his apartment after my work. Maybe something stopped him. A bit disapointed i sit down on my couch. Where could he be? Well whatever... What could i do now? Just then i realise that its been days since i trained the last time and so i change into sport clothing.
As ever there are a few people in the trainings room. I look around whether i know someone of them but can't see anyone. I shrug and start running my labs. I don't mind the other people. I just run my fifteen rounds to warm up. Then i stand infront of the punching bag. I correct my stand and then put my hands in the right position. I throw the first punches at the bag. I start using my knees and my feet after a while. I only stop when the knuckles of my right hands split open. I curse. I forgot the tape. I shrug and walk over to the target room. I get myself ten knifes and then stand infront of the target. Nine hit dead center and the tenth just didn't have enough space. I grin and walk over to the shooting targets. I get out my air pistol and shoot a few shots. I never liked shooting though. I prefer knife throwing or hand to hand combat. I think its more of a coward move to shoot at someone from a great distance. I put my pistol away again and then walk back to my apartment. On my way i bump into Jonas. "Oh hey." I greet and smile. "What are you doing?" He shrugs and smiles a bit at me. "I just wanted to head to the trainingsroom." I nod. "Cool. I'm just coming from training." Blushing a bit i remember my sweaty shirt. He smiles. "Ah ok. Maybe you could help me. My partner just canceled because he is sick and i wanted to train some fighting. You could show me some of your legendary six skills." I grin. "Okay then. I'll just go to my apartment. Warm up. I'll be back in a minute." He nods and wiggles his eyebrows what makes me laugh.

Five minutes i am back at the trainings room and wear a fresh shirt. Jonas stands infront of a punching bag. I watch him for a while. He is tall but still fast. Also he is strong but i can already see that he doesn't secure his stomach enough. A commen fault.
I grin and clear my throat. Jonas turns around and smiles at me. "Lets go then."
We step into the arena and immediatly start circling eachother. He makes the first move. A pretty slow towards my throat. I easily dodge it and kick his legs but not with enough force. He just jumps back and punches my stomach. For a few seconds his face is ungarded and so i draw my fist up and hit him square in the face. He wraps his arm around my neck and trys to push me down but i swipe his feet away from underneath him. He falls and pulls me down with him. I land on top of him. Our faces only inches apart. He stares at me and suddenly starts leaning in. I quickly scramble to my feet and step away from him. He jumps to his feet as well. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to do this. It was... Sorry. That was stupid." I smile a bit at him. "Its okay." Although it feels kind of weird right now.
For a few seconds we just look at eachother. "Okay anyways... i have to go now." "Okay bye. See you tomorrow." I nod and give him a thumbs up.
When i arrive at my apartment i don't see Tobias anywhere. And although i didn't really realise it i did expect him to be here. I sigh and step in my shower. I want to talk to him and tell him about jonas but no. He has to vanish. I groan and step out of the shower and put on my pijamas.

I already lie in bed when it knocks. Confused i look at the clock. Its already 11 pm. I read my book for the last few hours. I sigh and get out of bed. When i open it Tobias stands infront of me. "What do you want?" I ask as cold as possible. He looks at me apologetic. "I am sorry. I can explain everything. She needed me for an emergency." I push him away from the door. "Well aparently she is more important than me. You couldn't have written a note? Or anything. To tell me where you are?!" He sighs. "I really am sorry. I just forgot." I glare at him and slam the door shut. "Good night Four." I say through the door and i hear him sigh one more time before i hear his footsteps getting quieter.
Once i lie in bed again i can't concentrate on my book. My thoughts keep drifting to Tobias. He keeps on doing this. Always putting his mother above me. Who is more important to him? Me or she... i sigh. I just hope that this doesn't ruin our relationship because i know for sure that for me he is the most important person. I surely hope he can answer these questions. Becaue i definatly can't do it.