27 - I need a computer

Tobias
"I need a computer." I say and rub my neck. "If i have one i could hack myself into the camera system and then we have acsess to all the cameras in the dauntless compound." Christina and Zeke nod.
The others don't even know anything about our plan. I don't think they would even help us with it. Christina and Zeke are the only ones that don't hate me for cheating on tris. Maybe because they both know how much i love her.

Zeke slowly nods. "The only computers i know are in the control room." I sigh.
"Well i will never be able to go in there. Everyone thinks i am dead." "But zeke could go inside. And he tells you what..." "No! I want to see it myself." I interupt her. Chris nods and we all are silent for a bit. The constant beeping of tris heart monitor is the only noise in the room.
The others are not here and i mean it's two am so one wouldn't expect them to be here.
I lively remember how the nurse tried to tell us that we have to go because visiting time is over. Obviously we refused. I nearly have to smile at the memory.
I am holding tris hand and rub small circles on the back of it. I study her face. Maybe its just my imagination but during the last days she got less pale and some blood returned to her cheeks. But maybe it just looks like that because of the dim light. I look at my tris. I still can't really believe that she is here. In the hospital. Because of some stupid factionless. I still have the list in my head: Edward, Mark, Luis, Miriam.
Well but now i have to concentrate on how i could get a computer. When i look at tris face again her long blond hair and think of her beautiful eyes i suddenly get an idea. "Guys! I say quietly and the other two snap out of their thoughts as well. "I maybe got an idea..." i start. "We have computers at the control room." Zeke and Chris nod. "Sometimes one of them breaks..." they both still look at me confused. "Come on guys! We will take one of the broken ones and repare it!" The both go: ooooohh! And i laugh a bit. "Zeke do you know where the old computers are?" He thinks for a short amount of time and then his eyes light up with the idea he had. "Yes. Yes i do! Once the computer i was working with broke down. Bud told we where to bring it. Its something like a basement under the dauntless compound. You can only reach it through a door from the inside though." I jump up. "That's a start. That's a start." I pace around the room. "Would you find the room again?" Immediatly he nods. "Yeah." "Okay." I chew on the inside of my cheek. "Okay, okay." Chris sits up. "Okay so zeke remembers the way there but how will we get inside? I guess that this door will be locked..." I nod. "Yeah. That could be a problem..." Zeke smirks. "I got an idea..."

"Okay Chris? Are you at your spot?" I ask into the walky talky that uri managed to get us. "Yup. Are you?" "Yup."
I lean against the door that zeke described me as the one with the broken computers in it. As we thought - it was locked. Where i am its pretty dark. Only a few neon lights about ten meters away spend some light. "Guys? I am going into the control room now. I will turn of my walky talky." "Okay." Chris and i say at the same time. Now i will have to wait. I lean against the door and look for a place to hide if someone should come by.
I already spot the camera in the corner next to the door when i came here. I have my hood deep over my face and generally wear baggy clothes to hide the way i walk and my silhouette. "Chris?" I ask into the walky talky and my voice echos through the empty hallway. "Four?" The walky talky makes her voise sound raspy. "Everything alright?" "Yeah i'm just bored." She laughs which is only a wheezing through the walky talky. For a few seconds we are quiet. "Can i ask you something?" Chris asks after a while. I shrug but then remember that she can't see me. "Sure." "Okay so i don't want to insult you with this question. Just so you know." "Okaaaaay." I say now less confidend. "Why did you just leave? I mean after tris found you and - and this girl. Why didn't you try to explain what happend and maybe even tried to do the same what we are doing? Why did you ran?" I sigh. "I don't know. I honestly don't know. I don't know why i ran i just was afraid. I thought that tris hated me which she probably did and maybe still does but well as i said: i don't know why i ran." She is quiet for a bit. "Okay." She just says. I frown. "What do you mean 'okay'?" "I mean okay. I still don't really understand you but aparently you don't understand yourself and so i said 'okay'." I roll my eyes. "Okay then." She laughs a bit but then suddenly gets quiet. "Wait there are steps." Then the connection is over. I sigh and lean against the wall. Shit, now i didn't search for a hiding place. I quickly squeeze deeper in the corner.
Soon there are footsteps on the stairs. Two pairs of them. I put my hood deeper in my face and turn away. "Four?" I hear a hushed voice. Its zeke. "Four you can come out now. Its us." I step out of the shadow and meet Zeke and Christina infront of the door. Grinning zeke holds up a key while he holds the broken part of the computer in the other. "Okay now. Bud nearly killed me because i broke that piece but i started talking about how much it pressures me that tris is hurt and in a coma and he let it go." I roll my eyes. Only zeke would be able to pretend something like that. "Ok whatever. Just open the door." He nods and unlocks it. When he opens the door and wave of cold and old smelling air hits us and i shiver. Zeke switches on the lights and the ancient neon lights give a dim light and kind of spooky light. "Oh wow. A computer cementery." Chris exclaims. She is right. It is kind of weird. There are hundreds of computer just thrown on top of eachother. Zeke lies his piece on top of one of the piles. "Okay. I have to go back to bud now or he will get suspicious. I will come back down here in about thirty minutes." I just nod because i already started looking around for not completly broken pieces.
"Can i help you somehow?" Chris askd after a few minutes. "Euh yes. Actually you do. You know what a monitor looks like?" She shrugs. "Sure." I nod and dig through a pile with computer chips. "Okay then try to find one that has no hole in it and bring it to me." She nods and starts rumourging around.
She only talks a few minutes later. "Four? I think i found- Ahhhh!" She screeches loudly. I jump up and run over to her. "What? What happend?" I ask and pull her back by her shoulders. "There- there was a spider!" I look at her in disbelive and let out a breath of relief. "Are you kidding me? You scream like that because of a spider?!" She punches my chest. "Hey! They are really creepy and that one was at least that big." She holds up two fingers with about ten centimeter distance between them. I roll my eyes. "Suuure..." she pushes me away. "Well whatever. I think i found a monitor." She points to one on the pile. I take it and blow away the small spider. "Here you go." I mumble and then heave the heavy monitor up. "Okay, lets see why you landed down here..." I slowly take a look at it. Then i find the fault. One of the main binding cables is broken. I frown. You could have repared that in two minutes... "Chris could you bring me another monitor? I need a cable." She nods and walks of but only to return with another monitor - this one has a huge hole in the middle - a few minutes later. "Thanks." I mumble and open the back of it. I take out the still intact main cable from the monitor with a hole and stuff it in the bag i took with me. "Okay and now help me find a small triangle formed box."

We search for the right pieces for a few more hours untill i got all the things i need and stuff all the small things in the bag while the big things are placed on a table with roll on its feet that zeke brought with him. Then we will bring the pieces to Zekes apartmet.
"Okay everything is loaded." Chris says and wipes her forehead. "And i am done. I can't move another inch." I nearly roll my eyes. That is a thing i loved about tris - she never complained. I try to supress the pain that overcomes me when i think of tris. I'm doing this for her as well. I think and so i pull myself together and my hood over my face again.
When we leave the room Christina sighs a breath of relief. When zeke and i roll our eyes she huffs. "Don't pretend! Not like you loved it in there!" Zeke and i don't say anything.

Luckily we meet no one on the hallways and just now i look at my clock and notice that it's past twelve and already pitch black outside. Wow we spent a lot of time in that room...
Zeke closes the door behind us and locks it. I stop the table and click the breaks so it won't roll anywhere. I look around in Zekes apartment. Not much changed here. The couch still at the same place. The... my thoughts trail of when i see a baby bed in the corner. "Zeke!" I say suprised. "I never got to see your daughter, Lya!" He turns around. "Oh that's true. Wait a second. She should be here and sleeping. Shauna is in the compound at the moment and carries a baby phone with her." "I'm so sorry man. I never congratulated you on becoming a dad." He grins and i give him a bro hug. "And now show me your daughter." He grins wider and walks into the bedroom. "Hey lya. Little princess." There is a slight baby noise and i become a bit nervous. I don't have much experience with babys. Actually none. Zeke exits the bedroom with a small pink blanket in his arms. He looks at the small baby in his arm with love and kisses the small girls forehead. He stands next to me and i take a look at the baby. She is really cute. "Ah man." I say and pat his shoulder. "She is so cute." Christina laughs a bit. "I never thought i would hear 'the legendary four' say the word 'cute'." I roll my eyes and look at the baby again. Lya slowly opens her eyes and yawns. She has glittering green eyes that seem to glimm. "Do you want to hold her?" Zeke asks and holds the small bundle out for me. I look at it kind of scared. I don't want to hurt the baby. Zeke laughs a bit. "Don't be scared four. Babys don't break that easily." "Okay then. On your responsability." He rolls his eyes and slowly hands the baby to me. Small lya waves her arms and looks at me with big eyes. "Hello Lya." I say and smile a bit. Suddenly tears prick behind my eyes. I don't even know why but they just do. Maybe its because i know that tris loves kids and that tris held the same baby in her hands. Carefully i stroke the little babys cheek. Lyas little fists clenches my shirt. I smile through the tears. "She is amazing." I say and then hand her back to Zeke. "Good that you think that. You're her godfather." My eyes dart to his. "What?" He just grins at me and i laugh a bit.

Later I slowly unpack the things in the bag and spread them on zekes living room floor. Chris kneels next to me and helps me order the different small things. I am careful that our shoulders don't touch. It would feel weird and i don't want the things between us to become weird. Zeke kneels on the other side of the pile and sighs. I look up a small cable still in my hand. "Man, this is going to take ages!" He says and leans back on his hands. I shrug. "Well according to the doctors we have about seven months. Maybe even more."
And then we start working...