3 - To Much Alcohol

I slowly open my eyes. Everything around me is still blurry. I blink a few times and hear a steady beeping and a churing sound. I look around confused. Ouch! My head hurts. My vision slowly becomes clearer and i try only moving my eyes.
Oh god what happend? Just now i realise that i am in a hospital. I barely remember the beginning of our game of c or d but after my dare everything is gone. When i look out the window i see that its still pitch black outside.

To my right i hear someone slightly snoring and carefully turn my head. Tobias sits in a chair next to my bed and is sleeping. I don't want to wake him but my mouth feels dry and i want to know what happend. I look around a bit more and see that there is a big machine next to me. There is also a monitor that shows my heart rate. In my hand i now feel something. I look at it and realise that it is a nurse calling button. I press it.

Only a minute later a nurse wheezes into the room. "Tris! You are awake. That is amazing." She whispers and smiles at me. "What happend?" I ask. My voice sounds raspy and the nurse hands me a bottle of water. "Well apparently someone gave you to much alcohol and didn't thought off the possibilty that it was your first time drinking, that you are rather small and skinny and so alcohol bothers you more and also a big point is that you didn't really eat something before. These are not really good things if you are drinking. Well after you passed out four immediatly brought you to the dauntless infarmery. They didn't have the necessary machines and so you got transfered to the erudite hospital." I nod and place the now empty bottle on the table next to me. I rub my head. "Okay thank you. What time is it?" She smiles. "You slept a whole day but that was also because of the medication we gave you. Its now 9 pm." I slowly nod. Just then something crosses my mind. The job choosing! I missed it! I groan and press myself deeper into the pillows. "Shit!" I curse quietly. The nurse still stands in the doorway when she as well seems to remember something. "Oh yes. Four wanted me to wake him up as soon as you are awake." I only nod not really registering what she said. She walks over to Tobias and gently shakes his shoulders. "Mr four." I have to supress a grin. "Wake up. She is awake again." Four groans but opens his eyes. He looks around confused at first but then his eyes find mine. "Tris!" He says and jumps up to hug me. His arms wrap around me and i hug him back. "Oh tris you scared m-us!" I have to hold back a smile. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to." I whisper. "I know. I know." He says and strokes my hair. "I don't want to destroy this but what about the job choosing? Did i miss it?" He pulls away from our hug. "No, i talked them into redating it to tomorrow." I sigh a breath of relief. "Oh god thank you!" I say and pull him towards me again. Just then i notice a wire in my arm. While we hug again i whisper in his ear, "Can we go now? I want to leave erudite as soon as possible." I give him a look and hope he understands what i meant. I still didn't forget the talk i had with Jeanine. "We can leave as soon as you are ready." I nod and disconect the wires that lead towards the monitor with my heart beat. Immediatly there is a flat line. Only three seconds later multiple nurses and doctors rush inside. "Good god mrs prior. You can't do that." One of the younger doctor sighs and i try to hold back laughter. "I am sorry. I just want to leave as soon as possible. Otherwise i'll miss the job choosing ceremony that will determine the rest of my life." An elder doctor steps forward and nods. "I fully understand that would you just please blow in here." He holds a small black box with a small tube at the top infront of me. I frown. "What is it?" The doctor hands the device to me. "Its something we can find out how many percents of alcohol are still in your blood." I nod and slowly put the thing to my mouth and blow into the little tube. "Blow untill it beeps." The doctor instucts. I nod and keep blowing untill it beeps. I hand the device back to the doctor and he checks the small monitor. "Perfect. Zero percent. You are free to go. Mr Scott could you just take out Ms priors iv?" The younger doctor nods and i hold my arm out to him. "I'll just get the anesthesia." I roll my eyes. "Its fine. Just rib it out." His eyes grow wide and he mutters something about 'unbelievable dauntless'. I have to hold back laughter but roll my eyes.

Fifteen minutes later Tobias and i already stand at the train tracks again. His hand is still in mine and i can feel that he wants to say something. After a while i decide to ask. "What is it?" He carefully looks at me. "I-I gave you that alcohol. I am the reason you had to much and pased out. I didn't think before i gave you that cup and i am the only reason you had to go here. I-i am so sorry Tris." He looks away again and i first hesitate but then wrap my arms around his torso. "Its not your fault. I drank that stuff and i drank even more after mar handed me another cup. You did everything right. If anything its my fault." He turns and looks at me. I think he wants to argue again so i just press my lips to his. "Don't." I just say and he keeps quiet.

After an eventless train ride we arrive back at the dauntless compound.
Tobias unlocks his door and opens it for me. "Thanks." I say and smile at him. He just nods and closes it behind me again. "Should we go to sleep now?" He asks and i just nod. "Sure. Why not." He nods. "I'll take the floor." I nod and awkwardly wait while he gets himself a blanket and a pillow and places both on the floor. I know better than to object or try to argue with him. I dress into one of his shirts and a pair of his boxers before i lie down on his bed. He lies next to me on the floor. "Good night." I say and lean down to give him a kiss. He smiles and leans towards me to kiss me back.
We pull away after a few seconds. "Good night." He whispers against my lips before i lie on the bed.
He switches off the light and i hear him finding a comfortable position. I roll over myself and crawl under the blanket. I roll over again and place the blanket differnetly. I roll over again and lie flat on my stomach. I try out every possible position to sleep but i just can't sleep. After a while I sigh and just fall into the pillows and stare at the ceiling. The faint moonlight that falls trough the window creates funny shadows. "Can't you sleep?" I suddenly hear Tobias voice. I jump and clutch my heart. "God Tobias! You scared me. I thought you were asleep." He chuckles a bit. "No i tryed but someone kept rolling over again and again." I blush a bit and am glad that he can't see me. I bite my lip because a thought popped into my mind. I feel myself blush more when i ask, "Could you come here?" He seems to be suprised but stands up and sits down on the bed. "Are you sure?" I nod. "Yeah." He looks at me for a bit of time and then slowly lies down. I carefully scoot closer to him. He notices my hestiation and simply wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer to him. I lie my head on his chest and hear his heart beating as fast as mine. I have to smile. I take his hand and slowly guide it over my heart. He smiles as well and leans down to kiss me. I kiss him back for a while before i rest my head on his chest again. We lie like that for a while. Just adjusting to lying next to eachother.
Then he turns so he is lying on his side. I don't really now what to do but tobias just pulls me towards him again. So i wrap my one arm around his hip and press the other against his chest. My face rests just under his neck. "Good night tris." He whispers in my ear. I smile and kiss his chest. "Good night tobias." And then within the next minute i am asleep.