37 - What do you want here?

Tris
I open my eyes and look around. Finally my head doesn't feel like it might explode any second.
I don't see tobias anywhere. He probably got himself breakfast or something like that. Thats good. I don't want Tobias to starve.
I smile a bit to myself.
I try to lift my head a bit and just then i realise a high pressure on my bladder. Oh god! What do i do now? I look around and see that the wheelchair is only a few steps away. I look at the nurse button. No. They probably have better to do than help me sit on the toilet. And i already feel better again. I slowly sit up and put my feet on the ground. The plastic floor feels weird against my feet. I take a shaky step and then another one and then when i nearly reached the wheelchair my leg gives up. I fall to the floor and luckily can protect my head from hitting it. I groan. Okay maybe this was a bad idea.
I look around. Everything looks so tall from down here. Oh shit, and of course my head now has to start spinning again.
Okay i admit this was an extremly stupid idea. But now its to late to care about whether or not this was a bad idea. Now i need to find a solution.
I try to stretch my arm and reach for the wheelchair. I actually manage to grab it. I want to pull ot towards me but the breaks are stopping it. I pull as hard as i can but it won't move. I groan in frustration and tears gather in my eyes. "Help!" I say as loud as possible. "Help! Please!" I say again.

When no one answers I lay still. I have to rest myself. Maybe then i can get up and get myself into the wheelchair.
After a few minutes i try to lift my head. Immediatly the whole room starts spinning and i quickly lay back down. Okay. I have to calm down. Tobias will be back soon. He will help me. Or a nurse will look after me. My bladder still is a problem though.
I try to sit up again but now my head starts hurting again and the room spins even faster and longer. I almost start crying. "Please! Help!" I say louder this time. I don't hear footsteps outside or even a voice. Wait, there is one! I try harder to listen but can't recognise who it is. "Help!" I say again but my voice is even more quiet than before. Okay i can do this now! I slowly sit up and even manage to kneel down before the room spins so fast that i have to squeeze my eyes shut and lay down again. Just calm breathing. Someone is going to come. Suddenly i hear a loud voice and i immediatly recognise it. "What do you want here? Go away! I don't want you here!" Tobias! He is just outside the door. "Help!" I try again and try to move towards the door but my muscles have given up completly by now. The voices outside say something again but this time i don't hear it. My ears are muffled. Oh no, i'm about to pass out. "Help!" I try again. My voice is only a mumble. Suddenly the door opens. My heart jumps. "Tris!" I hear tobias shout. There is another person in the room but i can't see who it is. Everything is still spinning and blurry. Strong arms pick me up. Tobias. He is here. "Tris, what happend? What are you doing? Can you hear me?" I focus on his face. "I..." my voice trails off. "Toilet." I get out. He groans. "You know that you are supposed to call the nurses! You know it!" He is nearly screaming now and i know that it is only because he is worried. But i know myself that it was stupid. "Don't scream. Head hurts." I get out. "Sorry." He mumbles and then presses his lips to my forehead. I didn't even notice that he sat down but we are sitting on my bed now. "I was just so worried." He presses me closer towards him and i lay my head against his chest - breathing in his scent. The room stopped spinning by now. I close my eyes. Tobias presses his lips to my temple. "I can't really leave you for five minute. Come on. You said you needed to go on the toilet." I nod and he carries me towards it.

When i am back in my bed again i now realise that the other person still is in the room. And now i also recognise the person. I am deeply confused. "Peter??" I ask still kind of exhausted. "Yes its me. Are you okay?" "What do you want here?" I snap ignoring his question. He steps from one foot to the other - uncomfortably. "I-I wanted... I wanted to apologise." My eyes grow wide. "What?" Tobias and i say at the same time. Peter looks on the floor. "I met this girl. Her name is Lyla. She opened my eyes and i realised that i... I behaved so bad... i really was an asshole and so i just wanted to apologise. So - i am sorry. It was wrong. Everything i did." I am shocked. I can't close my mouth. I expected everything but that. Apologise! Peter! Did this really just happend? Is this a fever dream? "So? Do you accept my apology?" I am still not really able to say something but now my brain slowly starts working again. I still stare at him with wide eyes though. "Euh..." i say and look at tobias. He looks just as shocked as i am.
"Thank you." I now bring out. "And i... i don't know whether i can just forget everything you did and forgive you but i accept your apology." I finally get out. He looks so happy as if i just promised him to buy him a car. "Thank you tris. I know that i seriously messed up and that we probably won't become friends anymore but it was important for me to tell you this." I nod and still am slightly confused. This just doesn't seem to get into my head. Peter... apologised... He turns around and walks towards the door. Before he exits he turns around again and i think its the first time that i believe the smile he wears. "I hope you get well soon." I nod towards him and then he is gone and i am speechless.
"Well that was..." Tobias starts. "weird? Unexpected?" I finish and look at him. He nods. "Both." And then suddenly we both start laughing. I have no clue what it was but we just start laughing. Maybe because we are both so shocked about what just happend. Tobias walks over to my bed and sits down on the edge. "This was just confusing. Peter apolosiged! Peter!" I say and shake my head grinning. "But it was kind of nice..." he says and leans back so his head rests on my legs. "Yeah. I was just so suprised." Tobias nods and turns towards me. His expression turns more serious. "And now about you!" I look at him confused. "What about me?" He scoots closer to me. "What did you think by standing up? You are ill! And your muscles still don't work! You could have hit your head or something like that! Do you know how shocked i was when i saw you laying there?" I look down. "I am sorry. I just..." i shake my head. "I feel so weak. I can't even go on the toilet alone." I shake my head again. "I wanted to do something on my own. For once i didn't want to need help." While i talked tobias came even closer and now he sits next to me. He puts a finger under my chin and tilts it up so i meet his eyes. "Listen to me. And listen closly." His eyes glitter. "You are the strongest girl i've ever met. And i know i said that millions times before but only because it is 100 percent true. You are not weak. You are anything but weak. You were in a coma! You are allowed to need a bit help. And in a few weeks you will be able to stand on your own feet again. I promise. Do you understand that?" I slowly nod. "Okay." He smiles lightly and gently strokes my chin before he slowly fits his lips to mine. I try to push him away. "No. Don't." I mumble half heartly. When he kisses me like that my resistance is nearly none existant.
He deepens the kiss and i pull him closer to me. My hand slides in his hair and his soft hair tickles my fingers. He slowly kisses my neck down to my collarbone. I sigh and close my eyes. Then his lips are on mine again and suddenly i am sitting on his lab. I turn so i am straddling him and suddenly i don't feel sick at all. I feel like i could run a marathon while his hand circle around my hip and pull me closer to him. I trace my finger down his chest while we kiss and he sighs.
And then suddenly my throat feels like it is glued together. I turn my head and start coughing. Tobias rubs my back while i cough and gasp for air. I don't know what is going on untill i finally can breath freely again. I slowly stop coughing but now my throat hurts like hell. Great.
Tobias gently lays me down on my bed again and pecks me lips. "Do you want something to drink?" "Water maybe." I croak. I still don't feel like eating and now that i am laying back in my bed my head ache is back. Tobias goes and gets me a bottle of water.
I take small sips and tobias watches me. "I think i can drink on my own..." i say after a while. He smiles a bit and strokes a stray of hair out of my face. "I know." "Why are you staring at me then?" He looks at me. "Because you are beautiful." I feel myself blush and his smile grows a bit while his fingers still play with my hair. I close my eyes and feel how his fingers glide through my hair. He carefully combs it with his fingers. Every stray. While i just lay still and enjoy the feeling of his hands in my hair.