35 - Hospital day 2

Tobias
I pace up and down in the hospital room. Tris just left to get to her physio therapy. The others said they would be there as soon as she left. I told tris that the others wouldn't be able to come after all because they couldn't get a day of at work. She was really sad and i felt kind of bad but i think it will be worth it.
I slide open the door and stick my head outside. Just then i see how the lift door opens and spills out a mass of people with masses of boxes. I laugh.
My friends scurry through the doors and towards me. "Hey Four old pal!" Zeke yells and immediatly a nurse looks at him angry. "No yelling!" She says which makes uri and chris snicker. I roll my eyes.

"Do you have everything?" I ask once we all are in tris' room. Christina nods eagerly.
"Yup. We've got everything. Including dauntless cake." I look at her kind of worried. "I don't know whether that was a good idea. Tris can't eat that yet and maybe she'll get sad when she sees us eating it."
Zeke facepalms himself. "Shit! Sorry. Didn't thought of that. Shit." "Okay, okay lets start decorating now or tris comes back and we are not ready. We'll decide what to do with he cake later." Shauna says and adjusts lyas position in her arms.
"Okay then. Uri you have the box with the garlands. Will you have the one with the presents and zeke you have the cake." Marlene continues. "Lynn, four, Chris you take care of the garlands. Will, uri and i place the presents nicely and shauna and zeke make the bed and clean the whole room a bit. Maybe open a window. Okay go."
I walk over to the garlands together with lynn and chris. "Good, four you are the biggest, that means you have to hang those things." She gets out the first one. Its bright red. "This one goes from there" she points at the left corner "to there." She points at the right corner. And we start.

Half an hour later the garlands hang around the whole room, the presents lay on tris freshly made bed, the window is open and we all sit around the cake. "What do we do with it?" Lynn asks and leans back on the couch. "It's a nice cake..." zeke says and tilts his head. Uri grins. "Yeah it is." Will leans forward. "What do you think four? Will she be upset if we eat it and she can't?" I chew the inside of my cheek. "Mh, maybe. If she would be she wouldn't show or even admit it. How about this we just ask her and if she doesnt want we will give the cake to the nurses." Zeke eyes grow wide. "What? The whole thing?" I roll my eyes and shauna slaps the back of his head. "Don't be a jerk. They all were really nice. Maybe we could give it to dr jamson." She then says. Zeke shoulders hunsh over. Uri rubs his back. "Don't worry. I am sure that tris wouldn't care about that." Zekes eyes light up like he just heard that mother doesn't have to die. "Really?" Uri rubs his shoulder. "Pretty sure."
Immediatly zeke is in a better mood and we all roll our eyes about him. Shauna places lya on mars lab who cuddels her to her chest.
We start playing never have i ever and chat in between.
After another hour i peek my head outside. Tris should arrive any minute now. I informed george and meredith about our plan so george will tell us when they come.
And sure enough five minutes later i see him jogging towards us. He grins at me from the end of the hallway and slitters to a halt infront of the door. "They are coming. Get ready." He positions himself next to the door. "You might to want to see her coming." He says and bites his lip to keep a smile away. "Why?" I ask and step into the hallway. "I just say that she is the strongest and stupborns girl i've ever seen." "Tell me something i don't know." I joke and he laughs. "You other come out as well." He says into the room. My friends scurry in the hallway as well and so we wait for tris to apear.
When she does my eyes nearly pop out of my head. Meredith walks behind her - pushing the empty wheelchair. Tris walks on crutches infront of her with a red face and covered in sweat. When she sees me and her friends her face lights up. "Hey guys!" She exclaims but it sounds out of breath. I jog towrads her and pick her up to spin her around. "You are crazy!" I say and start laughing. She starts laughing as well and i keep spinning her for a few more seconds before i set her down again. "Come on there are more suprises." She smiles widely and then chris already engulfs tris in a huge hug. "Hey Tris! Wow you are already on your feet again! This is amazing!" "Thanks." Tris answers out of breath. I carefully pull chris away from her and wrap my arm around her hip to steady her. She leans into me greatfully and only uses one of the crutches while meredith carries the other one. She keeps shaking her head but still wears a smile. I smile back at her and so i help tris into her room.
When we enter she gasps. "Oh my god guys! You didn't have to do this! Oh no! Why did you get me presents? You didn't have to do that." I notice that she is close to tears. "We didn't have to." Uri says. "But we wanted to." Zeke finishes grinning. Tris laughs and smiles so big that i think that her face might just spilt in two. In this moment lya lets out a wail out of the corner of the room where she lays in her portable babybed. "Oh my! Is that lya!" Tris gasps. Shauna smiles and nods. "I promised to bring her didn't i?"
Tris starts crying when shauna lays lya in her arms. I know why she is crying. She is crying because of our baby. Our baby that didn't make it. I press my lips to her forehead. "Its okay." I whisper and wipe away her tears. She hands lya back to zeke and hugs me tightly. "Okay are you ready now? I don't have all day." Uri jokes.
I laugh lightly.
Tris started smiling widely again and shakes her head in disbelieve after she hugged everyone and they all sat down around tris bed. "Okay everyone. I just want to take a quick shower then i'll open your presents. You guys are amazing. Really." I notice that meredith and george still stand in the doorway and smile at us. I wink at them and george winks back grinning. He is a nice guy.