62 - Finding out

2 weeks later:
Tobias
I know that Tris is keeping something from me. I can feel it. There are things she doesn't tell me. It kind of hurts me. I don't know what she would keep from me. And why.

I close the last open window of my computer and switch it into stand by modus. "Gus, I'm going to go now. My shift is over for today." He nods. "Sure."

I pass zeke and gently slap his shoulder. "Bye. I'm going to go now." "Yup. See you at dinner." I nod and also wave at Will. He waves back and smiles a bit. I don't smile back.

When i arrive at the apartment no one is there. I didn't expect tris to be there anyways. Ever since that leader meeting 2 weeks ago she has to work really hard on something. She told me that she can't tell me but that doesn't make it any better.

I change into my trainings clothes. I'm going to meet at the trainingscenter with Uri. I just put on my sweater when the door opens. A pretty flustered Tris suddenly bursts through the door. She looks at me suprised. "Oh hey Four." I frown but then see christina behind her. "Hey Tris. Why are you home so early?" I peck her lips. She smiles stressed. "Euh today wasn't such a big theme so i got to leave early. Are you heading to the trainings center?" I nod. "Yup. I'm going to meet Uri there. Are you okay?" She quickly nods and flashes me another smile. "I am fine. Don't worry."
Still a bit worried and confused i leave the two girls alone and go to the trainingsroom.

Tris
Tobias leaves and Christina and I basicly sprint into the bathroom. Chris empties out her bag and the three pregnancy tests fall out. "Ok. I'll wait outside and you'll take the tests." I nod and she leaves after squeezing my shoulder resuringly. I press a hand to my forehead. Its going to be fine. Tobias and I never talked about kids... but i hope he will want this child. If i have a child.

I take out the first test and pee on it. I lay it on the sink and unlock the door. "Come in. The first is already working." I say.
Chris enters and stands next to me. She lays a hand on my shoulder. "Everything will be okay. You are nearly 20 now. Thats a normal age for kids. Okay, maybe a young normal age but still. You will be fine."

I burry my head in my hands. "But he said that he doesn't want kids just yet. He said that just a few weeks ago." She sighs and puts a comforting hand on my back. "Everything will be fine. He loves you so much. He won't leave you. You two can do this." I smile a weak smile at her. "Thank you."

After a few moments of silence i groan. "Gosh... why does this take so awfully long?" Chris giggles. "Come on. Lets make us something to eat." I shake my head. "I can't eat right now. I am way to nervous." She laughs. "Whatever. I am hungry though." I roll my eyes but can't fight a small grin. "You are unbelievable." She grins. "I know. Thank you." I let out a small laugh.

After we both ate two cheese toast and drank a tea we go back into the bathroom. The test lies there - taunting me. I have to know the truth. But i can wait. I don't need to check just now... Yes i do! I habe to do this here and now.
I take a deep breath and then with a shaking hand i reach for it.
I slowly look at the small screen. How come its often the small things that define our future?
I turn the test in the light so i can see the small sign on it. Plus or minus. Pregnant or not.

I gasp and have to hold the wall for support. "Chris..." i stutter out. She reaches for the test and her eyes grow wide as well. "Come on. Take the other as well. One can be incorrect. Come on. Your life won't end because of this. You can... you can still think about this baby." I look at her shocked. "No! No if i am pregnant i am going to keep that baby." She quickly nods. "Okay okay. Come on now. Take the other two tests. We won't panick or anything till we got the other two results." I nod and press my hand to my forehead. "Okay. Yes. You are right." She nods and then leaves the room.