15 - Listen up!

A few months later:

"Are you excited?" Toby asks me and grins at me. I glare at him. "Not excited. More nervous." He laughs a bit and kisses my forehead. "You don't have to be. You will do great." I smile a bit. "Thanks." "Yeah Tris. You will do amazing." Wills voice suddenly says from behind me. I turn around and smile at him. "Thank you." He winks and then walks back to Christina and kisses her forehead. I smile and then spot Jonas in the mass of people who want to see the new initiates. I wave at him and he grins and waves back at me. We bacame really good friends in the last months and it doesn't really suprise me. I mean he is a nice guy and we work together closly. Chris and Mar already tryed hooking up Lynn and him. It didn't work out to well. I have to grin at the thought. Tobias wakes me out of my thoughts by taking my hand in his. I smile at him and just then notice that i've been staring at Jonas. Toby has a slight frown on his face and leads me in one of the emptier hallways. "What is it?" I ask and lean against him while he leans against the wall. He smiles and kisses the tip of my nose. "I just wanted to tell you that... Oh god this is hard." I frown and pull back from him a bit - a bit of fear creeping up my spine. "What did you want to tell me?" He sighs. "We have to keep our relationship a secret." My eyes widen. "Its an order eric gave. He just said that it would make us look weaker if the initiants knew that we are together but i guess he just wants to be mean." I groan. "But how am i supposed to survive that?" He sighs again and kisses the palm of my hand. "I don't know either. Then i can't do this..." he kisses my cheek. "Or this..." he kisses my nose. "Or this..." i say and press my lips to his. He smiles against my lips. "That's what i will miss the most." He mumbles. I kiss him again and pull him closer by his belt loops. He smirks and lies his hand on my cheek before he kisses me deeper.
"The train is here!" Someone shouts into the hallway. I deepen the kiss one last time before we pull away. "Okay and now the hardest act starts..." i sigh and peck his lips one more time. "I will miss this." He says and strokes my hair. "I love you." I say. "I love you too." He answers and then we step on the platform to greet the initiants.

As ever Eric gives the speech on the roof top. We others wait next to the net. I nudge Tobias shoulder. "I bet 5 points it is an Erudite." He grins. "I bet its going to be a candor." I hold out my hand and he shakes it. "Bet is on!" We grin at eachother and only two minutes later we hear a loud scream and a boy in black and white falls into the net. "Shit!" I curse and cross my arms. Tobias just grins at me and helps the boy out of the net. When the boy looks at him his grin is gone and he totally is instructor four. "Whats your name?" He asks and stares down at the poor boy. The boy hesitates and so Tobias sighs. "You can change your name only once, so choose wisely." The boy chews on his lip. "Think faster initiant!" I yell and the boy flinches. "T-terry. My name is Terry." "Finally." I say. "Tris you want to make the announcemnt?" Tobias asks me. I nod and yell, "First Jumper Terry!" Everyone cheers and Terry jumps down from the platform and stands with Lauren. In the next second we already hear the next one falling. Its an erudite girl. This time I pull her out of the net. "Whats your name?" I ask and look at her emotionless. She looks around in the dark surrounding. "Your name!" I yell and she jumps a bit. "Ellen." She answers. I nod. "Ellen!" I announce and again there are a few cheers.

40 minutes later all the initians stand on solid ground again. The dauntless born look at eachother with confident smirks while the transfers look around terrified. We have no abnegation transfer. In total we have 19 initiants. 10 dauntless born and 9 transfers.

We have three erudite:
Ellen, Jasper and Micheal.

Five candor:
Terry, Sasha, Nicolas, Jana and Lucie.

And only one amity:
Leno.

"The transfers stay here, dauntless born go with Lauren. I guess you don't need a tour of this place." Tobias announces. "Follow me!" Lauren instructs and leads the way directly to the dauntless born dorms. Now only Tobias, the transfers and i stay behind. "Listen up!" I say loudly and all the muttering stops. "We are Four and Tris. We will be your instructors for the next weeks. I see Jana - a really good looking candor with hip long glittering black hair - checking out tobias and nudging Lucie. I glare at both of them. "Wait, Four like the number?" Terry asks and frowns. "Exactly like the number." Tobias answers and glares at Terry so he shuts up. It works. "Follow us we will give you a tour of the compound now." I say and Tobias and i just start walking without looking whether they follow us.
First we lead them to the chasm. The rumourging of the water is so loud that we have to yell. "This is the chasm." Tobias starts. I continue, "It shows you that there is a thin line between bravery and stupedity. If you jump down here you will die. It has happend before and it will happen again." The transfers exchange worried glances and mutter something. While we leave Ellen slips on the wet stone and nearly falls but Jasper can grab her arm in the last second. I nearly roll my eyes at them.