67 - plans

Tobias
In the loud cafeteria I easily find my friends - the loudest. With a quick pace i approach their table. Zeke waves at me from away and grins. Little Lya already jumps from her chair to greet me. "Hey Four my old boy. What have you been up to?" He shouts through half of the cafeteria.
I must look pretty stressed from close up because Zekes smile vanishes and he frowns. As soon as I stand at their table he speaks up. "Hey are you okay, man? You don't  look to good." I only nod and then turn towards the others who all look at me by now.
"Guys, I don't have much time. You all need to come to Tris and mine apartment tonight. I have to go soon because the leaders can't know that I talked to you. Come to my apartment at 4 pm. I'll explain everything there." The others look at me like I am out of my mind. I guess I would have thought the same thing if someone aproached me like that.
"Are you sure you are okay, four?" Shauna asks and looks at me concerned.
I quickly nod. "Yes. Yes of course. Tris isn't though." I only whisper the last thing but Uriah still hears me. "What? Why? What happened?" My eyes meet erics across the cafeteria. He narrows his and I nod at him. "Everything later. I have to go."
I quickly turn around and exit the loud cafeteria. I have to think of a plan to get tris out soon. I overheard the guards saying that she will be moved at some point.
Now i just have to find out what the codes are and I have to steal one of the keycards. Seems easy...

I sigh and continue my way to our apartment. I just really hope that Tris didn't believe me. She couldn't have. I know she knows me. She won't think that I proposed to her to just suddenly leave her behind. I hope she doesn't.
I unlock the door and enter. I start searching the whole apartment for big bag packs. I am sure we have at least one. I used it to go to the factionless.
I just need to distract myself right now. If I think of Tris I know i will panick and panicking wont help anyone neither Tris nor me.
I throw some of her clothes into the bag pack and some of mine as well.
She didn't believe me. She trusts and loves me. And I hope that this love is strong enough for this. She saw through my mask. And even if she didn't... I hope she won't give up on me that easily. I know she won't.

I continue packing a few things. Then suddenly I remember that we'll probably have to have baby clothes as well. I quickly nod to myself. I can't go any buy baby clothes now. That would seem suspicious. Why would I do that. But I could ask shauna. She has a kid and it won't be weird if she just goes shopping for some baby clothes. I'll give her the money.
Oh god... we didn't even tell them about the baby yet. Well I'll have to do that today. It's not the most important thing anymore. First I have to get tris out of there and as soon as she is safe the baby will be too.  I just hope they treat her good enough and give her food and everything she needs.
For a few seconds my worry for her is so overwhelming that I have to fight tears and have to sit down because my legs are shaking so hard.
My Tris prisoned, thinking that I hate her. How would that feel? Horrible probably.
I let my hand slide through my hair and then burry my face in my hands. I have to focus now. Inhale to do it for Tris. I sit straighter again and try to concentrate. What does she need as well?

At exactly 4 pm it knocks on my door. I try to set up a smile and open the door for the others. They all come in at once. I quickly close the door behind them.
Before I do that I quickly take a look into the hallway to check whether anyone is in it. Since no one is I shut the door completely.
My friends have settled down in the living room by now and I now join them.
"Thank you all for coming. I must have sounded pretty crazy earlier today." Mar only shrugs and grins. "Not more than usually." I laugh a nervous laugh that dies down quickly. "Okay so... i have a lot to tell you..."
I start the explaining with the complicated things. First of all I try to convince all of them that there is something behind that fence. That seems like the hardest thing.
"No way!" Mar says loudly but Uri quickly silences her. "Why would they arrest Tris then? It's not like she is a criminal or anything." That shuts her up.
"Look guys I know how unbelievable that sounds. I didn't really believe it till now. I mean of course I kinda did understand the sense but..." I don't know how to finish.
Christina clears her throat. "So they arrested Tris because she told you, one persons, and now you told all of us. Aren't you a criminal as well now?"
"I don't care!" I snap. "I have to get her out of there. That is the other thing I wanted to talk about with you." I take a deep breath. "I am going to go beyond the wall together with Tris. There is no other way for us. Anywhere here in this town the dauntless could find us. Also if there really is something is out there we both can't just stay here and never find out. I need your help with that."
"And what about me?" Uri immediately asks. "I want to come with you."
Chris nods. "Me too." Lynn looks at Mar and Mar looks at Uri. "I am coming as well." They both then say in unison. "Guys... you have to know that it will be a very dangerous journey. Neither of us knows what's out there. These people could be who knows who. We have no idea what is waiting for us." Lynn, Chris, Mar and Uri look at eachother and then Uri says. "I think we all know that, Four. But we want to come with you."
For a few seconds I look at them. "Okay then." Then I turn to Zeke and Shaun. "What about you?" I ask. Hesitantly they look first at eachother and then at me. Zeke answers for them. "I don't think either of us can go. We have Lya, man. She is too small for something like that. I am sorry." I quickly shake my head. "That is no problem. Really. I understand that. Believe me." He nods and comes over to hug me. "I would come with you man, but I... I just can't leave them behind." He whispers. I nod. "Of course, man. We'll come to get you three as soon as possible." He nods and then walks over to his child and his girlfriend again. Shauna hugs him and he whispers something to her. I understand that he doesn't want to leave them. I would never leave Tris behind.
"Shauna I need you to do a few things for me." I now address her. She turns to me and nods. "Sure. What do you need?" I look at my shoes and then up at her again. "Could you and the girls maybe go some baby clothes shopping. The best would be some gender neutral things..."
She frowns. "What? I don't think I understand." Everyone looks at me by now. "Euh... it could be that Tris and I might need them soon." All the girls turn at eachother and start squeeling. "Man! You didn't say anything at all!" Zeke adresses me now. I shrug. "We didn't really find the right moment yet, honestly." He slaps my back and bro hugs me. "I am happy for you guys." I nod. "Just the circumstances are not perfect." He slaps my shoulder again. "That is no problem. You two can do that. I am sure of that." Then Uri and the girls all start bombarding me with questions and I answer them with as much patience as possible.
When they finally have no more questions we start planning everything else. Shauna and Marlene will go baby clothes shopping tomorrow. Zeke will try to get us some food and everyone will pack his things. I will try to get the codes for the doors and Chris and Lynn will try to get one of the keycards.
We part with one aim in all of our minds: free Tris.