33 - Hospital day 1

Tris
When i wake up Tobias arms are still wraped around. I smile and scoot even closer to him. I am happy to have him back. I love him. It wouldn't have been good for the both of us if i kept denying that.
I hear a quiet knock on the door. "Yes." I whisper and slowly move a bit away from tobias. The door slides open and dr jamson and five younger people step in. Dr jamsons eyes grow a bit wider when they see that tobias slept in my bed. I blush a bit. Whoooops... "Well goodmorning Tris." Dr jamson whispers. One of the younger people has a wheelchair with them while another one carries a tray with food. My stomach turns only at the look of it. "Good morning Dr jamson." I answer now. He slides the door shut after all the others steped inside as well. "These are our interns. The two with the tray and the wheelchair will take care of you now. You will start your physio therapy after breakfast." Tobias next to me shuffles and moves and then his beautiful blue eyes open. He only spots me. "Morning beautiful." He whispers and wants to kiss me but then realises that we are not alone. All the girls beam at tobias and i have to supress a smile. "Well good morning to you too John." Dr jamson jokes. All the interns start laughing and i grin as well. Tobias blushes a bit and i peck his cheek. He smiles at me and then gets out of my bed. On the side he slept on his hair sticks up wildly and i have to bite my lip so i won't start chuckling. He streches and again i see that all the girls stare at him - including me. He still only wears his boxers and a shirt - that sliped up so high that it is nearly showing his belly button. Dr jamson clears his throat and all the attention is back at him. He wears a slight smile.
"Okay then attenion back to the patient." He gives the female interns a look and they all blush. "I will just make the main examination, then my assistants will take over." I nod and smile at him. Although i never really like doctors i surely like this one. He lifts up my shirt and immediatly tobias is by my side. "Hey, what are you doing? Why are you undressing her infront of everyone?" I lay a hand on his arm. "Its fine. They all are doctors." I try to calm him. He slowly nods but keeps closly to my side and watches that no one but dr jamson touches me. "Would it be okay if they would just feel the gun shot wounds?" Dr jamson more asks tobias than me. "Yes." I say at the same time as tobias says. "No." I roll my eyes and look at him. "Really john!" When i use his fake name i can't hold back a small smile. "These all are doctors - professionals - and they won't hurt me." When i mentioned his fake name he started smiling as well and now he sighs defeated. "Okay then." Each one of the interns steps up and feels my stomach. One of them - a girl with long black hair - squeezes my stomach a bit to hard and i suck in air between my teeth. In the next second tobias removes the hands of the girl from my stomach. She looks shocked. "Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." She quickly says. I wave it away. "Its fine." "No its not!" Tobias immediatly disagrees. "Please don't make a fuss now." I say and squeeze his hand. "I am okay." He still looks worried but squeezes my hand back.
After the examination everyone leaves excpet from the girl - a tall blond one - with the tray and a boy - small and with blond shaggy hair - with the wheelchair.
"Hello Tris. My name is Meredith." The girls says and smiles. "And i am George." The boy finishes. I smile. "Hey you two."
They smile back at me kindly. "First of all we will take you for a shower and then right to your physio trainer." I nod but tobias already intervines again. "Wait. Who is going to shower her?" Meredith slowly raises her hand. "That would be me." "Could i maybe do that?" Tobias asks and looks at her through his blue eyes. I nearlly roll my eyes at this but also have to hold back a grin. Meredith looks unsure at first but then nods. "I guess that should be okay. Just make sure that she doesn't fall or anything like that." Tobias nods and i see that he has to hold back a comment.
The boy - george - leaves the wheelchair at the door and comes over to me. Meredith places the tray on the small bed side table.
George takes my hand with the ivs and slowly removes them. He also removes the ones i had in my side untill i have no more tubes in my body. "You will have to put this one back on afterwards." He says and points at the one that was in my forearm. I nod. "Okay."
George nods towards tobias and he steps forward. Toby carefully slips his arms under my knees and behind my back. I wrap my arms around his neck and he slowly picks me up. "Tell me if i hurt you." I nod and let him carry me towards the small bathroom that conects with my room. I am only wearing a hospital gown and no underwear or anything like that.
Tobias sets me down on the toilet and closes the door. He softly pecks my lips. "Just tell me if something hurts or when you are uncomfortable somehow. Then i'll try to help you." I nod and lay a hand on his cheek. "I really love you. Thanks." He kisses me again. "No problem. I love you too." I smile.
He now walks behind me and slowly undoes the small bow at my neck. The hospital gown falls to the floor and i sit infront of him completly naked. I shiver a bit because the air is cold. He just looks at my face and then helps me stand up. Its the first time that i am standing on my own feet since five months. My legs already start shaking. Tobias turns on the water and i hold onto him while we wait for it to turn warm. When it finally did he lifts me into the shower and steps in together with me. "Wait." I say out of breath. Immediatly he stops. I point at his shirt. "Your shirt." He shakes his head and kisses my temple. "Don't worry about my shirt." I grab the handles inside of the shower and tobias slowly lets go. My legs support barely any of my weight. My arms start shaking. At the same time tobias trys to put soap over my body while he also trys to steady me. "Tobias." I whisper out of breath. His head snaps up. "Yes." "C-can i sit down?" My arms are shaking heavily and my legs do too. I don't know how much longer i can stand. He quickly wraps an arm around my hip and helps me sit down. I lean against the wall and close my eyes while he starts cleaning my legs and my stomach and my arms.
I shake my head a bit. When did i become so weak? I can't even shower alone anymore! I am pathetic. The tears spill out of my eyes although i still have them closed.
Tobias only notices after a few seconds. "Hey hey hey." He says softly. "Look at me." I feel his hand on my cheek and his thumb slowly strokes my eyelids. "Tris please." He sounds so concerned that i just have to open my eyes. The tears are now constantly running down my face and mix with the water of the shower. Tobias kneels infront of me and his blue eyes look as concerned as his voice was. "What is it?" He asks. "I am so weak. And so pathetic! Look at me. I can't even stand or shower alone." I shake my head and burry my head in my hands. In the next second i feel tobias strong arms around me and he pulls me on his lab. His mouth is directly next to my ear while i burry my face in his chest. "You listen to me!" He whispers. "You are not pathetic and definatly not weak. You are the strongest person i've ever met. It is a miracle that you woke up so soon and you managed everything so amazing. I love you. You are my everything." I hold him tigther towards me but shake my head again. "You don't understand. I always mess everything up. I killed our baby!" I sob out the last part and i feel how he freezes. Now he is going to push me away because i earned that. But no, he doesn't. Instead he pulls me closer. "That wasn't your fault. The shot was the one who killed her!" He says. I look up at him and see that he has to fight tears hinself. "Tobias i didn't know. I stopped eating because i missed you but i didn't know. I would have acted differently if i had known." I sob out and he pulls me closer to him again. "Shh. Its fine. We are good. You and me. I love you." I cry into his shirt while the warm water rushes down my back and soakes his shirt. "I love you too." I sob out after a bit of time.
He takes a deep breath and when i look at him i see that he has a few tears rolling down his face by now. I take my thumb and slowly wipe them away. "It wasn't your fault." I whisper. I know he is reproaching himself now but its not his fault. He couldn't have known. "And it wasn't yours." He whispers back and wipes away my tears as well. I slowly nod.

About ten minutes later tobias lifts me out of the shower again. He wraps a towel around me and carefully dries me up. The whole time he just looks at me because he knows i am still uncomfortable with how my body looks.
Then he wraps the towel around my shoulders and lays another over my legs and opens the door a bit. "Could we get some clothing?" He asks meredith or george. "Oh yeah of course. Here." I hear George answer and then he hands tobias a few clothes. I sigh out of relief when i see that it isn't a hospital gown.
Tobias takes the smaller dark blue t-shirt and slips it over my head. The colour looks bright to me. I am used to black or dark red. Then he also helps me into a pair of sweat pants that reach my knee - also dark blue. Then he changes as well. I watch him as he takes of his shirt first and dries off his body with the towel. I bite my lip. He still looks so good. He got a bit thiner but gosh... he is still so handsome and good looking. He notices that i am staring at him and grins. He walks infront of me - still not wearing a shirt. I hesitantly lay a hand on his warm stomach. He smiles and i slowly trace my finger over his stomach. He smiles at me and i reach his tattoo that spreads over his rib cage. I draw the dauntless flame like i did yesterday evening. My hand slowly wanders to the waistband of his wet shorts but he stops me. "No. Don't do that. Not now." He takes my face in his hands and kisses me. "When we are alone." He whispers against my lips. I slowly nod and kiss him again.

When tobias put on his sweat pants and his shirt he picks me up again and carries me outside. He places me inside of the wheel chair. "Okay and now breakfast." Meredith says and smiles. As on a clue tobias stomach grumbles. I start laughing. George has to hold back a laugh and clears his throat. "Would it be okay if you get yourself something? We will help tris in the mean time." He hesitates but i nod at him. "Go. I will be okay." He slowly nods and pecks my lips again before he leaves.
Meredith rolls me infront of the bedside table and takes the spoon in her hand. "Are you hungry?" She asks after she poured some soup on the spoon. Weird breakfast. Soup and bread. I give her a small smile. "Is 'no' the wrong answer?" She laughs a bit and georges answers. "Well it is not rare that after a coma the people have to get used to normal food again. The stomach wasn't used at all. Also it could be a bit hard to go on the toilet because your bowl has to adjust to working again." I nod. "Okay then. Lets start." Meredith nods and george puts a napkin on my lab. Then meredith slowly starts feeding me. The soup actually doesn't taste that bad and it still is warm which is kind of weird when you think of how long it stood here. Erudite technology i guess.
My stomach first is confused and it feels like i would just throw up the few spoons of soup but then i am actually able to keep them inside. Tobias returns when i already ate more than half of the soup. After the first few spoons i asked whether i could eat myself and they allowed me to do it.

Once tobias and i finished our breakfast george claps his hands together. "Okay, who is ready for physio therapy?" I laugh. "Meee!" I joke and we all laugh. "Okay lets go then."