3.4

Sebastian turned back to his master with a slight smile on his face.

"You've decided to let her stay, even without knowing anything about who she is?"

Ciel sank down on his chair, resting his elbows on his desk. "Well, it's not like we can put her back where we found her," he said sarcastically. "And even if she is some killer or a deranged spiritual being, I'm not worried." He smiled a bit mysteriously at his butler. "You've dealt with them before."

"Well I'm nearly certain she isn't, but I understand your reasoning, my lord." Sebastian nodded, a smirk growing on his face. "Do you believe she could have any connection to the most recent case? I was, in fact, investigating the area I found her in."

"I suppose it's a possibility," Ciel responded, looking down at his paper. "The chances are slim, but we shouldn't rule out the fact she could be an escaped victim of the kidnappings. Still, even if she was, she doesn't remember a thing about it."

"Exactly what I was considering," Sebastian replied with a sigh.

"Either way, she is our guest currently, and I trust you will be keeping an eye on her. That is an order."

"Yes, my lord," Sebastian replied with his signature bow.

"There's but one thing that continues to puzzle me." Ciel's eyes darkened slightly. "Why did you bring her here on the slim chance she had connections to the case?"

"Just as you couldn't throw her out into the streets, I couldn't leave her there," Sebastian replied simply.

"But that's just my point," he looked up a little, glaring. "Your kind doesn't think that way."

"I'm afraid that there is no other reason." Sebastian looked down in shame for having no answer.

Ceil studied his butler for a moment. A smirk grew on his face. "Oh, really?" he said with an amused tone. "Don't tell me you've gone soft."

"Don't be foolish," Sebastian replied lightly. Even though he as smiling, there was a tiny hint of a cold snap in his eyes. "You know I cannot feel those emotions."

"Of course," Ciel sighed, picking his pen up again. He was never going to get a straight answer from that demon. "Anyway, I have work to get back to. You're dismissed."

~~~~