Chapter 9.1: Blue Rose

For the next week or so, the feeling that I had finally defined only became more and more prominent. I soon found myself constantly thinking about him, where he might be, or what excuse I could use to talk to him. I was getting a bit obsessed, but yet, what else did I know to think of? Bits and pieces of memories would come back to me, but they were awfully boring and depressing to linger on, and I never got any further when trying to investigate them. The thought of him, however, made all that melt away.

Though, this didn't exactly seem to trouble me, I couldn't help but think how 'wrong' it is for a lady to be with a butler. Still, what if I wasn't really a lady, or no one of any importance? I was only dressed in rags when he found me, after all. Maybe my education and manners could be explained by spending time with my own master—whoever that might have been. Whatever the truth was, I knew I had to remain cautious with my actions for the slim chance that I was of nobility.

However, Sebastian didn't exactly help me stay cautious. He seemed to forget that the act we put on for Lady Elizabeth was over. He was still somewhere around me every minute of his free time, offering to help me study in the library (which I was now regularly visiting), or even impressing me with some stunt.

The stunts were one more thing that added to my curiosity about him. He could apparently jump from ridiculously high places and land with perfect grace while receiving no injuries—at which I slipped up and asked him if he was an acrobat, using up my first guess. He could also play nearly any song on the violin without sheet music and just slow enough as not to break the poor instrument. I even saw him pin a fly to a wall with a butter knife from thirty feet away without killing it. And it didn't stop there.

?"x7Y