21.5

"This night has been absolutely amazing," I told him as he helped me into the carriage.

"I'm glad you enjoyed your time," he chuckled. "I can still hardly believe you looked on our way down from the tower."

"I nearly had a heart attack!" I admitted. "Sorry if I hurt your ear when I screamed..."

"It's quite alright," he laughed.

"So... does this mean we're heading back to the manor?"

"Are you tired?"

"After that!? Not in the least!" I said, promptly covering my mouth with a yawn.

"You'll sleep well tonight, I suppose," he chuckled, driving the horses forward.

"I hate to say it, but you may have to carry me in..." I half-mumbled as I leaned up against the seat.

"That can be done, my lady."

~~~~

"It seems you lot are still up," Sebastian commented as he stepped out of Estella's room to meet the trio of servants standing rigidly in the hall. None of them spoke anything, only plastered their mouths closed with (too bright of) smiles. This silent stare-down only lasted a moment before he said, "You've been attempting to do my nighttime chores on your own, haven't you?"

"We're sorry, Mr. Sebastian!" Finny cried, practically holding onto his ankle for mercy.

"We really tried, we did, sir!" Mey-Rin wailed as she fell to her knees.

"We only wanted to help you," Bard hung his head low to where he almost bent over.

"Not so loudly, or you'll wake the young master." Sebastian sighed heavily. "Let's see what you did..."

After inspecting the damage, Sebastian laid his head in his hand. "You tried. I'll give you that much."

"So, you're not going to punish us...?" Finny asked.

"No." Everyone sighed with relief. "Honestly the stock room is a bit tidier, you completed half the inventory, and these documents were already in a mess to begin with. The few that are already filed are correctly sorted... I suppose this means I should thank you."

The three beamed in delight.

"You don't need to do that!" Finny laughed.

"It was really no trouble at all!" Mey-Rin blushed.

"If we couldn't do that much, what kind of servants would we be?" Bard grinned.

Sebastian shook his head, the hint of a smile on his face. "Go to bed, you three, while I'm in a good mood. I'll finish up here."

He watched as they scurried off to their quarters excitedly, whispering and giggling. As they went, he thought to himself, "Without a little fun and chaos, what kind of manor would this be?"

~~~~

���^q?�