Chapter 21.1: Heaven

I awaited out in the hall for the butler, already prepared for the night ahead. I heard Sebastian say his final words of the night to his master, then the sound of the door shutting. I stifled a silent giggle, listening as his steps approached the corner. As soon as I was sure he was but a foot from me, I leapt from my hiding spot into his sight. He looked surprised, but not startled in the least.

"I apologize, my lady," he smirked. "But I'm afraid I've grown used to you sneaking up on me."

"Oh come now," I said in a hushed voice. "You're not the least bit surprised?"

"No," he said, continuing to walk with me towards the balcony. "But I must give you credit. You're more graceful than most mortals when it comes to stalking."

I giggled, allowing him to take my arm. "It was gracious of your master to have given us some free-time."

"He seems to somewhat favor our relationship," Sebastian said. "Though, he still finds it quite amusing."

"Are you absolutely sure the servants can handle keeping the house for a night?"

"As you know, our servants are not ordinary, and are prepared to protect the young master with their very lives. I believe he is in good hands."

"Of course," I nodded. "I'm sure they won't destroy the entire manor by the time we return in a few hours."

"One can hope," Sebastian sighed as he stepped out onto the balcony and secured the doors. "Now then, my lady..."

"Honestly, I'm a bit worried about this night," I told him.

He looked back at me with a bit of a sad look in his eyes. "Whatever do you mean?"

"Now that we're going to be away from anyone who can see..." I looked down. "You're not going to hesitate at all—with displaying your abilities, I mean." I gasped a little and turned my face back to him, hastily trying to correct myself. "It's not that I don't trust you, I'm just a bit weary of things such as this, is all! I don't mean—"

He chuckled, taking my hand softly into his. "I understand, my dear. The last thing I want is to make this night unpleasant. Though..." he swept me up into his arms. "That doesn't mean I won't be 'showing off' a little."

"What are you—Sebastian!" I screamed as he leapt off the balcony with me.

~~~~

2