20.3

Bard looked at me in shock for a moment. Finny sat up, laughing. "You look like a lady wearing too much make-up!"

"Estella," Bard sighed. "You know I hate being mean to girls, but I'm really gonna have to get you back for that..."

With a handful of oil slung at me, a cup of sugar spilt on Finny's head, and a piece of meat thrown at Mey-Rin, a massive food fight started. It went on until we had used everything that had been spilt in the kitchen as ammo. The wasted food covered us from head to toe, making us almost unrecognizable. We were all laughing, ducking behind tables and chairs in feeble attempts to shield ourselves, throwing whatever we could find at each other, getting the mess on every inch of the room.

Suddenly, everything froze when Sebastian walked into the room. An egg hit him, goo running down his vest. (Luckily, he had taken the coat off because of mud.)

All of us turned into stone statues in his emotionless stare. He bent down and picked up the remains of a squashed tomato in his hand, glaring at it. There seemed to be hours of silence as he observed the room before speaking slowly, "Who threw it?"

Finny weakly raised his hand. He was so scared you could visibly see his entire body shivering.

"I suppose... this uniform is ruined." In the blink of an eye, Sebastian threw it at him, hitting him in the face. And like that, the war continued.

I had never expected Sebastian to do something like that, but lately things seemed to be changing. It brought back the words Tanaka told me when I had first learned Sebastian's secret. Every word was becoming truer by the day. A light that had left the manor was returning, and events like this were now fathomable. Was I to blame for it? Or was it simply that the darkness was healing overtime? Whatever the answer, those were the best days the manor had seen in years.

~~~~