26.3

"We have to go after them now."

They looked at me like I had lost it. Grell raised an eyebrow. "What is with you so suddenly!?"

"I... I just had a flashback. I can't explain how I know this, but they're in danger. We have to get them out of there!" I started towards the door, only to be held back by Grell.

"Would you calm down? Bassy will handle whatever it is," she sighed. "I can't even deal with you ignorant mortals."

"That won't matter!" I tried to tell her.

"For the love of blood," Grell sighed. "I'll go retrieve him if I won't have to listen to your whining."

"I'd like to come with you, if you don't mind," Undertaker stepped to her side. "Curiosity is eating me alive!"

"I... I'll stay here," I said, taking a step away from the place.

"Sounds like a plan to me!" Grell grabbed Undertaker by the sleeve and lead him through the door. "Now come on, I'm pretty curious to see in this place too! I wonder if they'll have a torture chamber..."

Once the door shut, I felt dreadfully alone. I probably would have felt that way on a crowded street, too. I found myself missing Sebastian terribly. I wanted to know if he was alright, or if it was too late. Though, it would be impossible to tell until I saw his face.

~~~~

"Who are you?" Ciel asked.

"Ah, you must be dear Earl Phantomhive," his black eyes seemed to pierce into the young master's claimed soul. "The impure one."

"What's that supposed to mean?" he nearly whispered.

"That comes later. First, allow me to introduce myself. I am Serafin King. But you won't find that name in any records," he said, turning to Sebastian. "It's merely a human name I've given myself, much like Sebastian Michaelis."

"So then, are you a demon?" Ciel asked.

Serafin scoffed. "Absolutely not! How dare you mistake me for one of those disgusting, vial creatures...!" He took a breath to calm his sudden rampage, regaining his haughty poise. "Quite the contrary, I am an angel."

Ciel took a step away. Sebastian held his glare. "What do you have to do with Lady Estella?"

Serafin grinned, his eyes narrowing with his wicked smile. "I was her creator."

Ciel gasped. Sebastian's eyes widened, his mouth hung open in shock. "That... can't be true..."

"Yes, the girl you know as Estella Dove Jones isn't a human. Much less, a real person."

"What's that supposed to mean!?" Ciel nearly shouted.

"She is artificial. She has no memories because they do not exist. All of her intelligence and wisdom was implanted by me, personally. She is appears as a mortal, but is angelic in nature. She is beautiful, she a weapon, she is pure."

"That's can't be true!" Sebastian nearly shouted.

"But it is!" he laughed. "If you must have proof, where do you think that substance infused in the corpses' blood came from?"

:p>